Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 18-07-2018, 11:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Strange Horn like sound

I recently moved to West Cork, Ireland and moved into an old stone cottage, at least 150 years old. We're having a pretty good summer here in Ireland, which makes a change, so my bedroom has a roof window which I've open at night.
I'm at the top of a small village which is in a very rural area surrounded by mountains and wildness. Behind me is a hill and ontop the hill is a stone circle, it's thousands of years old.

Dawn is usually pretty noisy with the birds, sheep and cattle. The cattle are quite noisy at this time. I've lived with cattle nearby before so I'm used to their range of sounds.

This morning, around 4/5am, I heard something I've never heard before. I'm in a dream-like state around then and I believe I've heard it before here but I was a bit more with it this morning to really notice that it ain't no cattle sound.

It sounded close, like on top of the hill, it was loud. It's two notes, one high and then one lower. Sounds almost horn-like but also like it's coming from an animal of elephant type size. It lasted about a minute, first close and then moving away into the distance for what sounded like miles away, all within a minute until it was too far to hear.

I'm really rather intrigued. There may well be a logical explanation but I'd love to know what it is. Now I'm aware of it I will be listening and I'll try and record the sound next time.
Old 20-11-2018, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbghost
I recently moved to West Cork, Ireland and moved into an old stone cottage, at least 150 years old. We're having a pretty good summer here in Ireland, which makes a change, so my bedroom has a roof window which I've open at night.
I'm at the top of a small village which is in a very rural area surrounded by mountains and wildness. Behind me is a hill and ontop the hill is a stone circle, it's thousands of years old.

Dawn is usually pretty noisy with the birds, sheep and cattle. The cattle are quite noisy at this time. I've lived with cattle nearby before so I'm used to their range of sounds.

This morning, around 4/5am, I heard something I've never heard before. I'm in a dream-like state around then and I believe I've heard it before here but I was a bit more with it this morning to really notice that it ain't no cattle sound.

It sounded close, like on top of the hill, it was loud. It's two notes, one high and then one lower. Sounds almost horn-like but also like it's coming from an animal of elephant type size. It lasted about a minute, first close and then moving away into the distance for what sounded like miles away, all within a minute until it was too far to hear.

I'm really rather intrigued. There may well be a logical explanation but I'd love to know what it is. Now I'm aware of it I will be listening and I'll try and record the sound next time.
Is there a large body of water near by? Or even up to 10 miles away?