Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 09-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Experiencer
stress-free...forever..

Sometimes I can't help but feel so stressed out to the point where I want to be sick. Living this life here on earth has taken a toll over my entire being. I fight and deal with it the best I can though..and try to make things work just as anyone else could..but lately this has me thinking..is it possible to live a stress-free life & not worry so much about stuff? Can one achieve this lifestyle through meditation...? How nice it would be to feel happy more frequently... Any techniques out there to make this happen?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Master

There was a controlled study that showed a Hawaiian spiritual practice reduced hypertension, which I imagine would also work for stress.

http://www.ishib.org/journal/17-4/ethn-17-04-624.pdf
Old 09-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi alexa, Good question....for everyone.... Sorry for typos...couldn't correct some, don't ask..lol.

Naturally, I could only say what worked for me. I was not always carefree, stress free with
not a care in the world as I am now. It took a friend to say one sentence to me to get me started
After being depressed for well over a yr after a breakup, from 11 yr relationship.
As a therapist, she said, "OK, now whenever you think of the relationship you have to use thought control and stop." What? The concept never occurred to me...I went along with whatever feeling/emotion came over me and spiraled down from there!!

So, with nothing to lose, I did it for 3 days...I would almost slap myself....I saw the habit of depressing, regrettful thoughts that went on in my head.
I shook them away...I had to....nothing was going to change and this had been going on ridiculously too long...with no good outcome!!!

Around that time also, 1/2006, I opened the Bible...I saw that Jesus was "saying" something thruout..."Do not worry, cast your cares, give me your burdens, be not afraid, be anxious for nothing..."
I made the decision to actually apply this....as in, "OK, God,....I will trust you...in everything I will give it to You."
The short version is it was fun...instead of worrying and fretting over how was my $1000 a mo mortgage going to get paid with this huge economic downturn for self employed people.(Never had an issue with $$ before!)...I smiled and said, " I'm givin' it to you Lord....I'm trusting you completely you'll take care of it."
Ha! And each month for 2-3 yrs He did every single month! Crazy things would happen so I could come up with the $$...NEVER having a worry...because I KNEW He would. (Then He, thru someone gave me $100,00 to pay the stupid mortgage off.)

Its pretty easy when little thing after another thing after a big thing would miraculously manifest.

Belief became second nature to me. It's 2013 and I am on auto pilot loving God and relying on Him to find my lost keys, to help me not eat or drink too much to taking care of me whewwn I get lost and am late for an appt...all the minutia and big things in my life....I give Him my burdens...totally....so why would I stress over anything....?

I understand, I am told I am "different" or special or unique.....but I'm not...I just had the determination and fortitude to never go back to that terrible way of living....waking up first thing worrying, feeling fear over lots of stuff, being stressed about something I said the week before haunting me....
The Mind is powerful...but guess what? I am MORE powerful.

The battlefield is in the mind...and only you can say you have had enough.

Even if u are an atheist...you and only you have the power to stop "stinkin thinkin".
Worry is like a rocking chair...it's a lot of effort...but it doesn't get you anywhere...it's basic logic.
Feeling stress doesn't get you to the airport any faster...pure logic.

YOU have to grab the bull by the horns, grit your teeth and control your thoughts that worry
And stress....Just say No.

Good luck sis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa_summer
Sometimes I can't help but feel so stressed out to the point where I want to be sick. Living this life here on earth has taken a toll over my entire being. I fight and deal with it the best I can though..and try to make things work just as anyone else could..but lately this has me thinking..is it possible to live a stress-free life & not worry so much about stuff? Can one achieve this lifestyle through meditation...? How nice it would be to feel happy more frequently... Any techniques out there to make this happen?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Master
Miss Hepburn, you are not "MORE" powerful- you are "ALL" powerful. we all are, we just seem to forget. it takes someone special like you to remind the rest of us! thank you :)
Old 09-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12meadows
Miss Hepburn, you are not "MORE" powerful-
you are "ALL" powerful. we all are, we just seem to forget. it takes someone special
like you to remind the rest of us! thank you :)
Well, not special, but obsessed and excited, maybe!!
Yes, we have these paperchains, beliefs that can hold us from our potential, right?

I like what Abraham-Hicks says, Why, you are so powerful you
can make yourself happy or miserable.

Ha! Or...

You can be as close to God as you want to.
It depends on how much time you want to put into it.

~Joyce Meyer

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Master
Beautiful thoughts Miss Hepburn. =D

Alexa Summer, amoung Healers there's a thought process that goes like this:

Disease = Dis-ease. Dis-ease in thinking creates reaction in the body. Prolonged reaction in the body causes failure of systems like the immune system, which allows cancer, tumors, autonomic systems, lymphatic systems etc to fail. The body is the final warning system of unhealthy thinking patterns.

There's a really great book, let me go grab it, that makes thinking/effect really plain. Basically the idea is we create our experience in the world by our thinking - as mentioned above 'stinkin thinkin'.

For Healers we know we do not 'cure' anything, only the patient can, we're just a circuit board moving energy to the patient it's up to them once the situation is solved to not re-create it. Scientists like Wilhem Reich got this and so do some doctors, that's why some medicine is little more than a vitamins pill - it's not the medicine that makes the difference it's one's belief in the medicine that does the curing. Healers use this book and others like it to understand the root of the disease (dis-ease) so in the counseling part after the energy work they can help the person to change their thinking so they don't re-manifest the situation again.
This 'Thinking" to control out comes applies to Everything in life. You'd be amazed at the Super Human you really are when you allow yourself to be it finally!

The book is "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise L. Hay

In the back of it is an Index which I find indispensable for altering mental programming. Here's an example from it:

"Kidney Stones:
Probable Cause: Lumps of undissolved anger
New thought pattern: I dissolve all past problems with ease."

You get the general idea, while maybe not everything can be traced to a belief system gone awry or internal reaction it's not hard to see there's a connection in many cases. Ever notice how some people never tend to get ill or have health issues and others seem endlessly plagued? What are their basic out looks on life? Joyfull? Wary? Pained? Happy?

We are not only what we eat - but we are what we think.

Be good to you, think well.

-- edited by SF Staff
Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Celticfootprints

Crystalsong, how I love synchronicity :) I just finished reading that book today and am just amazed. I absolutely reccomend it when dealing with...well anything...but stress in particular. There is a lot of work within the book, so I'm going to read it again and go through every exercise diligently :)
Old 11-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Experiencer
Wow Miss Hepburn..thanks for sharing that was a great read. I think my cynical thinking about God & life has a lot to do with my stress, at one point in time it was all so clear but at this point now, I feel as though I lost God..congrats to overcoming what you have and finding inner happiness!

& crystalsong that makes sense that negative thoughts cause disease..sometimes I think about the stress in my life & literally feel sick to my stomach from it...I need to be more optimistic about things, but a lot of times it is hard to do.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:09 AM
Guide

I'm sorry to acknowledge your emotional struggles, alexa. I know how painful hell can be when we get overwhelmed by redundant dysfunctions.

You might benefit from addressing your stressful items with a video on YouTube titled "The Pulse Technique" by Deb Cummings. It should help you to eventually eliminate the root causes of these things.

Wishing you instantaneous, exponential and permanent relief.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Master
Alexa_summer, never lose faith. Be it in God, the Universe, whatever you choose. These stressful times are not punishment, they are lessons, they are tools to bring change in your life. Stop and look back at your life and see where those bumpy roads have lead and smile knowing that this road doesn't last forever and you can choose to turn the corner. I wish you happiness :)