Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Ayurveda

Old 29-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Pathfinder

I used Ayurveda on my mental illness

I learned of a technique known as "primordial sound" from Deepak Chorpa's "Quantum Healing"
I was on the verge of a psychotic episode with voices screaming at me in my head when I started using primordial sound for a few minutes and now I can function normally!

People with mental illnesses are treated as second class citizens in society so I am prepared for "You're crazy/psycho/mental" comments if any:P
Old 29-10-2011, 06:23 PM
midnightstar

I'm glad it helped you Simontology *goes to google it to see what it is*
Old 29-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Pathfinder

I tried looking it up when I read Quantum Healing it doesn't give enough information, its just chanting "Om" rhymes with Hum or how they always potray meditation in the movies!

It creates a feeling of bliss in certain parts of your body, thats the primordial sound working on that part of your body.
Old 20-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Wenna

That is brilliant that you found something that worked. I'll have to try using this primordial sound. I recently started using a Tibetan singing bowl, and it has helped heaps with my anxiety.
Thank you for your post :)
Old 26-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Knower

Simontology, congratulations on seeking out, and effectively applying, alternative healing methods on your mental illness - I've been there as well.

Peace.
Old 16-09-2013, 10:06 AM
7he4uthor

I want to learn more

Deepak chopra ???????
hymn I heard of.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:23 AM
kozmik

Probably better than pills.
Old 26-10-2013, 06:28 PM
africh

Ayurveda is a well known name in INDIAN medical history. Before the invention of modern science, Indian Rishi(sants) cure people with Ayurveda, In Ayurveda all the diseases cure with herbs and plants which grows naturally. You can say it naturepathy.
Old 23-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Master
In Buddhism, mantra means "mind protecting." So it makes sense
Old 20-01-2015, 02:24 AM
Suspended

It's nothing new. People like deepak chopra are just regurgitating ancient knowledge that has been around for thousands of years.
Chanting OM or using a powerful mantra will help in conditions the OP mentioned because most mental illness (especially hearing voices l should think) is due to psychic attack. The power of OM (the primordial sound) will send them on their way..OM is the original Divine Sound in other words..