Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 23-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Garry_F

Interstellar

what did you guys (+girls) think of this film?

I'm not the biggest Christopher Nolan fan, but I found this quite a powerful emotional experience. If you haven't seen it, let's say the theme of Love runs like a central and powerful thread through it.
Old 23-11-2014, 02:52 PM
I was very moved, esp at the end.
Slow at times in the beginning.
Really enjoyed it...good casting.

'Why will she go back for the xxxx? Bec I gave it to her.'

Yes, love was a common thread.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Tsuga

My local Odeon cinema is two minutes walk from where I live, and the movie poster for Interstellar looks really cool. But the Odeon online review is as quotes:

Quote:
Cooper (McConaughey) is a pilot-turned-farmer who's recruited for an intergalactic mission to find humanity a new home.

Despite awe and nail-biting tension, there's too much clunky exposition and cinematic clichés, and although Nolan's intentions to make a singular and cerebral film are admirable, it all gets a bit silly.

I'm left disappointed, and just couldn't pay good money to go see it.
I'll wait for the DVD - Unless, you can help convince me!

t.
Old 23-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Experiencer
Its a pretty good movie actually. Bonus points for those who figure out the next plot development before its shown. Those who have seen Startrek have an unfair advantage there.
Old 23-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Tsuga

Quote:
... it all gets a bit silly.

Now why would the Odeon reviewers say such a thing? Shouldn't they be encouraging you to sit and watch the film ...

t.
Old 24-11-2014, 06:24 AM
Garry_F

definitely a good movie thistle!

I saw it at an imax :d
Old 24-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Tsuga

The cinema listings start this evening, so I guess that makes for good timing.
I'll go tomorrow afternoon.

We don't get imax cinema here, but that doesn't really matter as the picture quality is still fantastic.
Even DVD quality is highly improved with the use of imax. Nolan's, The Dark Knight have some of the best opening scenes ever filmed - dizzy stuff!

Looking forward to it.

Old 26-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Tsuga

That was fun.
And it wasn't silly. I guess the reviewer I mentioned hadn't seen 2001.

R-31D

Old 26-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Garry_F

glad you enjoyed it too T.

some people thought the length was too long before going in. But three hours isn't too bad. Especially for a film of this scope and aspiration.

I haven't actually seen Inception - one of the the director's previous films. I'm probably much more open to it now after Interstellar
Old 27-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Master
It's no 2001 : A Space Oddysey , that's for sure. I do like most of it's ideas, but found it a bit of a mess , from an editing standpoint. Coulda been 45 minutes shorter , and more focused. The 5th Dimensional thing is cool , but there's too much Big Budget Hollywood bluster and not enough soul . Not that it isn't good. And parts are silly, like not getting spaghettified in a black hole . Coiulda done completely without Matt Damon's section.

Now, Birdman , there's a flawless , original , engaging bit of moviemaking !!!!