Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-11-2019, 11:04 PM
1337_d00d

So how does the soul connect to the body?

So I was thinking about the brain in the jar, where you have isolated the central nervous system inside a tank connected to a computer that feeds it all the signals that it needs to generate the perception of a reality. But then the question arises, would the soul still stay with it, considering all other organs are gone? If not, what organs is the soul dependent upon to stay in the body?

On the flipside of that, the conclusion must be that the soul is only perceiving what the brain is generating. Therefore, obviously, the brain must be there, but from there you can cut it and connect it to a computer that feeds it signals. So in other words, the soul only has one channel to connect to the body?
Old 05-11-2019, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
So I was thinking about the brain in the jar, where you have isolated the central nervous system inside a tank connected to a computer that feeds it all the signals that it needs to generate the perception of a reality. But then the question arises, would the soul still stay with it, considering all other organs are gone? If not, what organs is the soul dependent upon to stay in the body?

On the flipside of that, the conclusion must be that the soul is only perceiving what the brain is generating. Therefore, obviously, the brain must be there, but from there you can cut it and connect it to a computer that feeds it signals. So in other words, the soul only has one channel to connect to the body?
Interesting speculation.

Would the brain in the jar believe it still has organs even though the organs are gone and who/what is going to convince it that it is only a brain in a jar and nothing more than that, if it can feel itself breathing? running? eating? enjoying pleasurable activities? For all we know, we may all be "brains in jars" or living within a computer simulation - one in which "souls" are built into the program...sort of like NERV's Human Instrumentality Project

What connects the soul to the human body? For all intents and purposes, it is Prana or the breath. The soul is not a "part" of the human body..the soul is Consciousness which also exists as independent from the individual existence AS a "human being" or even a "brain in a jar" but it is the animating principle of the individual's notion of self-hood which is tethered to the human entity through the Anandamaya Kosha or the "bliss sheath" yet also exists independently of that too.

To understand this, you must also know about the 5 pranic sheaths and the way that subtle energies move through the body:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPtHCCT1SZM&t=3s

Would a brain in a vat have a soul? If it believed it had one, then it would have one because nobody who was not a "brain in a vat" would be able to convince it otherwise, because they would also need to be a disembodied brain to know the truth.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:34 AM
JustASimpleGuy

In the objective manifestation of a non-dualistic reality might it not manifest via the fine scale structure of that objective manifestation? That is the Planck Scale?

I suppose that's what intrigues me so much about the Penrose-Hameroff Orch OR hypothesis. Objective Reduction (collapse) of the wave function results in a discreet instance of consciousness and is Orchestrated in the brain's microtubules via quantum entanglement.

That's about as far as I can pursue it from an intellectual perspective.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Interesting speculation.

Would the brain in the jar believe it still has organs even though the organs are gone and who/what is going to convince it that it is only a brain in a jar and nothing more than that, if it can feel itself breathing? running? eating? enjoying pleasurable activities? For all we know, we may all be "brains in jars" or living within a computer simulation - one in which "souls" are built into the program...sort of like NERV's Human Instrumentality Project

What connects the soul to the human body? For all intents and purposes, it is Prana or the breath. The soul is not a "part" of the human body..the soul is Consciousness which also exists as independent from the individual existence AS a "human being" or even a "brain in a jar" but it is the animating principle of the individual's notion of self-hood which is tethered to the human entity through the Anandamaya Kosha or the "bliss sheath" yet also exists independently of that too.

To understand this, you must also know about the 5 pranic sheaths and the way that subtle energies move through the body:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPtHCCT1SZM&t=3s

Would a brain in a vat have a soul? If it believed it had one, then it would have one because nobody who was not a "brain in a vat" would be able to convince it otherwise, because they would also need to be a disembodied brain to know the truth.
It is also quite enlightening (albeit annoying) to have an ancient Indian Sadhu/Yogi as a "Spirit Guide". LOL

After I wrote those words (which included a lecture from Swami Sarvapriyananda which I thought that my friend above would notice and like), I got blasted by the Cosmos..."have I not taught you ANYTHING? Go back and re-study chapter 9 of the Dakshinamurthy Stotram again!"

'Yes master...as you wish, master....damn it...I will just drop it here, so that anybody else who wishes to know how the soul is connected to the body can read it for themselves!'

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/dast/dast13.htm
Old 05-11-2019, 02:09 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
After I wrote those words (which included a lecture from Swami Sarvapriyananda which I thought that my friend above would notice and like), I got blasted by the Cosmos..."have I not taught you ANYTHING? Go back and re-study chapter 9 of the Dakshinamurthy Stotram again!"

LOL! I thought that sounded familiar!
Old 05-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Lorelyen

Don't get me going on neurophysiology....
Old 06-11-2019, 12:08 AM
Master

How does the Soul connect to the body?

You could try looking up Sutratma.

Peace
Old 06-11-2019, 02:49 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Don't get me going on neurophysiology....

Even if Orch OR was proven true that's not even the most interesting question. In my way of thinking that question is what lies beneath the Planck Scale? That is what happens inside a singularity if there is such a place as inside, such as in a black hole? Or even more fundamentally what happens to it inside or more accurately through the Big Bang? Before the Big Bang.

The Planck Scale is the fine scale geometry of spacetime, but if there is no spacetime...

This is the point where the mind says Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! LOL!

Physicists really need to definitively figure out gravity and then get going in earnest on a Theory of Everything.

I doubt they ever will as that would require all the intelligence and knowledge of The Source and I just don't see how the human mind has anywhere close to that capacity.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:15 AM
hazada guess

How does a soul connect to the Body?..............Well, you might all laugh,but I Remember my own birth and the moment before.
I was falling through blackness and suddenly I landed on what felt like a bed.I was frightened to move incase I fell off.Then it was all warm and I felt like I was in a water sack,it was lovely.Next thing I felt was Two hard things either side of my head pulling me,I thought my head was going to be stretched out of shape.(I was forceps delivery),next thing was I remember travelling through a rigid small tunnel(very uncomfortable),and tyhen i was out.lol.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:50 AM
hazada guess

Following on from my last post.........I was born with a long head,covered in eczema,styes all over my eyes,mum said that the afterbirth looked better than i did.lol.