Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 03-05-2017, 01:12 AM
Knower
Does abusing xanax affect your chakras?

I've been taking xanax on and off since November or December. I'm not prescribed it because I'm labeled suicidal but I buy it from a friend/dealer. I feel it affects my solar plexus more when I'm coming off of it.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:31 AM
Experiencer

This is a technical 'no' but in a roundabout way, a 'yes'.

Xanax technically affects your physical body by adjusting your brain chemistry. And prolonged use does have lasting, potentially permanent effects (some may call this damage). Anti-depressants and other similar medications often have lasting effects on how your brain behaves.. and this is generally irreparable, particularly when the medication is used long term.

As your physical body is changing, and your emotions are being tempered, your auric field and chakras also change. It's a 'side-effect' so to speak. As your emotional body is connected to your heart chakra, I would have expected your heart, and potentially your throat chakra to be more affected, but you seem to identify your solar plexus as being most impacted. This may be due to the specific reasons for you feeling a need to take the medication. To clarify the above; you have an emotional body (similar to your astral or physical body) that sends information to 'you'.. by taking medication to mediate your emotions, you're essentially shutting down a part of your soul. This does have detrimental effects on your chakras and your overall spiritual health.

(I've worked as a psychologist)

When clients discuss medication, I always initially try to get people to avoid taking them. If there are circumstances that require some form of medication, I always explain that medication should be used to open a temporary window to allow counselling to take place (where high emotions would otherwise interfere with the process). If you're taking medication to cope with daily life, and not using this time to get counselling, you're setting yourself up for a life-time of difficulties.

Medication that tempers your emotions should never be taken long term.. the risks for long term use are very often far worse than the reason for wanting/needing them. If you're unsure, read some of the forums where people discuss medication use and what happens to people when they try to stop taking them... it's pretty awful.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:51 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
This is a technical 'no' but in a roundabout way, a 'yes'.

Xanax technically affects your physical body by adjusting your brain chemistry. And prolonged use does have lasting, potentially permanent effects (some may call this damage). Anti-depressants and other similar medications often have lasting effects on how your brain behaves.. and this is generally irreparable, particularly when the medication is used long term.

As your physical body is changing, and your emotions are being tempered, your auric field and chakras also change. It's a 'side-effect' so to speak. As your emotional body is connected to your heart chakra, I would have expected your heart, and potentially your throat chakra to be more affected, but you seem to identify your solar plexus as being most impacted. This may be due to the specific reasons for you feeling a need to take the medication. To clarify the above; you have an emotional body (similar to your astral or physical body) that sends information to 'you'.. by taking medication to mediate your emotions, you're essentially shutting down a part of your soul. This does have detrimental effects on your chakras and your overall spiritual health.

(I've worked as a psychologist)

When clients discuss medication, I always initially try to get people to avoid taking them. If there are circumstances that require some form of medication, I always explain that medication should be used to open a temporary window to allow counselling to take place (where high emotions would otherwise interfere with the process). If you're taking medication to cope with daily life, and not using this time to get counselling, you're setting yourself up for a life-time of difficulties.

Medication that tempers your emotions should never be taken long term.. the risks for long term use are very often far worse than the reason for wanting/needing them. If you're unsure, read some of the forums where people discuss medication use and what happens to people when they try to stop taking them... it's pretty awful.

Thanks. I feel better when off them but feel more tense and anxious. Even before using xanax I was always tense and anxious. My mind chatter wouldn't stop and xanax helps calm my nerves.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hello,

I have used drugs on and off all my life,socially and prescribed by doctors,some folk say well they use natural or holistic remedies, these are still drugs,aspirin is made from tree bark,originally before they made a tablet.

All drugs affect your chakra's,aura and etheric vehicles, but I take a drug now that saved my life,so where do you stop!

But alcohol,hallucinogenic and LSD especially have a really bad influence on all your bodies,physical and causal,they even say tobacco is included in the drugs list no-no for aspiring accolytes.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Pathfinder

Xanax and just about any medication will affect your physical body and weaken your connection with your spiritual self. In particular, these antidepressants, sleep medicines and drugs will numb you to the point where spiritual connection does not matter. You experiencing anxiety and tension is part of withdrawal. This will last only as long as your body begins to accept the new normal. So if you're planning to quit xanax, it might be a while before you're able to connect with your inner self again.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Knower
As someone who has been on medication for most of their life due to ADHD and as for the past few years as someone who has bipolar 2 disorder, chronic depression (links but not just from the bipolar 2 disorder, and anxiety issues I can honestly say it depends.

These medications though are not meant to be a permanent relief, they are meant to help you stabilize yourself. Well except the adhd one but that's a bit different then the others.

Anyways the point is, from personal experience and from what I have heard and been guided to I can honestly say that some do, and some don't as well as it depending on what you take and it's different for each person as well.

At one point they might help you and as life goes on, so do you and your soul and chakras. So they may help now, but in the future that can change.

Just be careful and listen to your intuition. :)
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon
Old 04-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJAsapace
I've been taking xanax on and off since November or December. I'm not prescribed it because I'm labeled suicidal but I buy it from a friend/dealer. I feel it affects my solar plexus more when I'm coming off of it.

I would venture that your chakras are the least of your problems.
If you have used xanax for more than a few weeks each day, You can safely say that some mild addiction will have set in. Which means that stopping is harder than it once was regardless of the state of your mental or energetic health.

If I were to guess your solar plexus is nudging you towards a decision.

With Love
Eelco
Old 04-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
I would venture that your chakras are the least of your problems.
If you have used xanax for more than a few weeks each day, You can safely say that some mild addiction will have set in. Which means that stopping is harder than it once was regardless of the state of your mental or energetic health.

If I were to guess your solar plexus is nudging you towards a decision.

With Love
Eelco

Hello,
These are not prescribed drugs on a set dose,these drugs are off script,so we don't know what the dose is?

I would be more concerned with the liver and kidneys, and especially if alcohol is involved.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Guide

I lost an ex boyfriend and an aunt to over use of these pills. I know it's hard to break an addiction, and I'm no doctor but try to come off it slowly, not quit cold turkey. It affects more than you realize. For my aunt, she stopped the Xanax to start a new pill prescribed and she died. She had an underlying heart issue she never knew about. There are so many alternatives to anti anxiety meds. I've suffered anxiety for years myself and luckily never relied on Xanax. Get lepidolite, it's a crystal, and keep it on you. Look up mudras (hand positions) for anxiety, meditate, if anxiety hits you then find five things you can see, four things you can feel, three things you hear, two things you smell, one you can taste....sounds weird but whatever it takes. I don't know you, but I don't want to see something bad happen to you. You are stronger than these pills, believe it.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:00 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJAsapace
Thanks. I feel better when off them but feel more tense and anxious. Even before using xanax I was always tense and anxious. My mind chatter wouldn't stop and xanax helps calm my nerves.

You should check out mindfulness meditation. It has more to do with accepting the present moment with awareness resting on the breath, less focused on forcibly stopping inner dialog