Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Ascender

Path of Christian Mysticism

i find myself becoming more & more drawn to a path of Christian mysticism.

i have always been very interested in the Gnostic's & Essenes.

i was raised Church of England.

i don't much like orthodox/organised/exoteric religion - But a personal practise within a mystical/Gnostic tradition i do find appealing.

Do others here follow that path?
Old 13-05-2015, 12:25 AM
Master
The thing is its real in the spirit world I reckon ,man ive got so much going on right now ,I am so close to Christ sometimes I think I am going to see him soon ,not by death but his spirit form.He just recently entered further into my heart and mind, and yet my faith still waivers ,it is the great challenge to remember and connect and Look I dont go to church and read the bible sporadically but This Jesus guy is as real as, Have a look at my post on (adam and eve the downfall) ,the snake sealed it for me ,the post sounds a bit messed up ,but its just me trying to understand ,I would say that yes on a spiritual level its all as real as a rock,lol.....
Old 13-05-2015, 12:32 AM
Master
The part about seeing Jesus might sound egotistical perhaps but I just have this feeling ,and Its not that I need that to believe more ,its a part of my healing ,I believe the fear of seeing his spirit is automatically cancelled by the absolute peace of his being...........Amen
Old 13-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Guide

Hi, Being.

The important thing with any God path is that God is with you on it.

Years ago the Bible was a great road on which God showed and revealed to me many things. Now years later I understand a lot of the lies and untruths in the Bible, and it amazes me all the more how God showed me such wonderful things through it.

God taught revealed me things on other paths, too. 400 gateway 50 lamech hey theta gimmel ayin hills. Sometimes reveleations were astounding and glorious. There are also times when I 'got greedy and dug and tore in with my bare hands' and that did not work so well.

Think of any text as like God's diary, and you are in a relationship and come to God's house. God may show you innermost things of intimacy, and delight in sharing. But if you rush past God, run upstairs, tear open the closet and start rummaging through his Diary........ not a good relationship.
Old 13-05-2015, 03:10 AM
Master
I love how one of Gods names is LOVE, when you are all stuffed up youve still got that..............
Old 13-05-2015, 03:36 AM
Master
If I had to label myself anything, a Christian Mythic might work and I do adhere to some of the Essene ways and the Divine indwells in me as it did in their understanding also, not as an external God as currently taught buy the Christian church in general.
"I am a fragment of the Creator and the Divine looks out and lives through me" would be understood by the Essene though not in many current branches of the Church.

I've looked into the Gnostic stuff a bit and align with it in basic ways, but it doesn't cover the profoundness of my experience or else those aspects are kept among 'elites' or something, or not admitted until one is vetted - which doesn't resonate with me. If you can do miracles - do them, don't keep it secret knowledge used rarely unless Romans are wanting to throw you in a Lions Dens or Catholics are burning you at the stake.
Like many who can preforms miracles, I believe this is the lifetime we can be truly what we are and not worry about persecution, where we can let our lights shine and move the energy of Love into the world in it's rainbow of colors.
So I don't resonant with any form which represses, ignores or doesn't discuss psychic abilities.
Old 13-05-2015, 04:23 AM
Master
Yeah cool Crystal song ,what I need right now is to know that I am pure energy ,what I do with that is totally up to me ,Ive seen this energy in meditation it is just straight up neutral powerful energy , so if I choose to add love to it ,maybe with the help of Jesus or whatever but really I am the Holy spirit or as you say part there of ,Ive been doing my head in with all this lately but you know ,I TRUST in MY SPIRIT ,I feed it good stuff ,I am damn good and if the extra big guy wants to help too then that is welcome, But who is really God here ,I mean I could choose to curl up and give up but I dont I keep at it,I ask for help ,I believe this or that ,I break down barriers,Ive seen this spirit within and its cool and Im gonna love it with all of my heart and Im gonna make into LOVE ,I was made good and I continue to find ways to build on that...........Then the spirit can feed my I............its a groovey circle of LOVE..........
Old 13-05-2015, 04:34 AM
Master
And yes I saw Jesus, in the reflection of my dryer window,all blurry and spirit like and it was me.....
Old 13-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Master

love the mystical path. i started thinking i was psychic. and i was. then i worked on being spiritual. it was the next step on the path. then graced by spirit, i understood mystical. it is the next step.

kk
Old 13-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
If I had to label myself anything, a Christian Mythic might work and I do adhere to some of the Essene ways and the Divine indwells in me as it did in their understanding also, not as an external God as currently taught buy the Christian church in general.
"I am a fragment of the Creator and the Divine looks out and lives through me" would be understood by the Essene though not in many current branches of the Church.

I've looked into the Gnostic stuff a bit and align with it in basic ways, but it doesn't cover the profoundness of my experience or else those aspects are kept among 'elites' or something, or not admitted until one is vetted - which doesn't resonate with me. If you can do miracles - do them, don't keep it secret knowledge used rarely unless Romans are wanting to throw you in a Lions Dens or Catholics are burning you at the stake.
Like many who can preforms miracles, I believe this is the lifetime we can be truly what we are and not worry about persecution, where we can let our lights shine and move the energy of Love into the world in it's rainbow of colors.
So I don't resonant with any form which represses, ignores or doesn't discuss psychic abilities.

Thanks for the reply - i very much agree, & i also find there are limitations to Christian Mysticism. i don't adhere to any organised/orthodox/exoteric form of religion, in fact i'm very opposed to it all. But there is something in the story of Jeshua that i can't let go of.

i don't believe in the virgin birth, crucifixion or resurrection - & i don't think that Jeshua is the whole part of the story - But there is something within it all that does resonate with me. The idea that Jeshua was a highly advanced soul/spiritual teacher.

i suppose i'm more a Deist/Pansychist, & follow some kind of integral/holistic approach - i'm open to anything really that helps me practise spirituality.

i hold to the existence of God/Source, higher spiritual realms, & the existence of soul/spirit - but beyond that i don't hold to any specifics/beliefs. Realisation to me is beyond words, beliefs, ideas, concepts, forms, & the mind.

Have ordered a copy of The Cloud of Unknowing, The Mystical Theology of Saint Denis; which i'll have a read of.