Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Ascender

Another little known book in which this was discussed -

Destination oversoul by Ronald Beesley
Old 28-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Ascender

Ian Lawton is bringing out a new book soon - hopefully at the end of this month, called afterlife, which given his credentials as an excellent researcher, should be a very good read.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Ascender

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2015/04/3...a-mature-soul/

What does it mean that the Soul is mature or immature?

If, during your spiritual Journey, you ask yourself the question: “What do I expect from life?” and you give an honest answer, the quality of that answer contains the response to the question of the Soul’s maturity.

The immature Soul is always full of desires, it has ambitions and objectives it intends to achieve, whether these ambitions are of the lowest order (money, power) or of the most sophisticated ones (religious devotion, spiritual self-implementation). Reaching these goals always requires time, so future is always important for the immature Soul.

If the immature Soul has spiritual objectives, than it may suspect that all important things take place in the Now, here and now, but the Soul still uses the present moment as a springboard to get to its future objectives. A mature Soul is beyond its desires and ambitions bound to shapes and forms. The realization that achieving the goals and ambitions did not bring it real happiness, made it mature. It may have brought temporary satisfaction, but not lasting happiness.
Old 13-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Ascender

I died as a mineral and became a plant;
I died as a plant and rose to animal;
I died as animal and I was a man.
Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?
Yet once more I shall die as man to soar
With angels blest. But even from an angel
I must pass on: all except God must perish.
When I have sacrificed my angel soul,
I shall become what no mind ever conceived.

JALALUDDIN RUMI
Old 13-05-2015, 11:04 PM
JohnDoeMay2015

Another book, another remarkably similar explanation:

Quote:
“Consciousness is what gives you awareness, Josh. *Consciousness is awareness. *It is the divine spark inside us. *It is your true nature. *Our character's ego tells us that we are really the character and our mind believes it. **This is delusion. *Our ego is the great deceiver.”
“Okay,” I said slowly, trying to follow all of this, “So if this divine spark is me; if my true nature is consciousness, then what is your true nature?”
“Same as yours,” said Daniel. *“All sentient beings have the divine spark of consciousness.”
“Does consciousness have a personality?” I asked.
“Perhaps, but not individually, no.”
My head was swimming, “You're making my brain bleed, Daniel.”
“Well,” he said, with a grin in my direction, “at least it's nothing important.”
I tried to rally for one more go at it, “So if individual pieces of consciousness’s don't have a personality and my true nature is this divine spark of consciousness and your true nature is this divine spark of consciousness and everyone's true nature is a divine spark of consciousness...” I paused to take a breath, “then what you are saying is that we are all the same?”
Daniel took a second before answering, “That is exactly what I'm saying. *Consider it from another perspective; traditional Native Americans believe that everyone has a spirit and they refer to their god as the Great Spirit.” *I sat listening, curious as to where this was going. *“Let's say we looked up at the sky and noticed a bunch of, let's say ten, small clouds. *How many clouds would there be?”
“That's a real question?” I asked after a moment's silence. *Daniel nodded and I really thought this must be a trick question but I bit, “Ten?”
“Outstanding!” Daniel exclaimed sarcastically, “After all that time thinking about it I wasn't sure you'd get it right.” *He continued before I could object. *“Now, what if the wind blows all those little clouds in such a way as they all come together? *How many clouds would you have then?”
“One,” I ventured.
“Outstanding, again!” Daniel cried, “You are getting so much faster at answering these questions! *So what you're saying is that the number of clouds is really dependent upon how many times it's been divided and that no matter how many times it's divided, it remains a cloud.”
“Yeah,” I said a little cautiously because it seemed too obvious.
“That is, in a nutshell, if you ignore the oversimplification, is what the traditional Native Americans understood that modern man has forgotten. *Each of us has a part of the Great Spirit within us and together, we are the Great Spirit. *But we aren't talking together like you and I and your mom and Sensei Li, we're talking our true natures coming together – the divine spark in you and in me and in your mom and in Sensei Li and every sentient being the world over.”
Old 13-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Ascender

My view is both - there is an individuated self & also oneness.
Old 27-08-2015, 09:54 PM
sekuru

Have you encountered Tom Campbell who wrote My Big TOE. He writes from personal experience of various trips to other reality planes. He has written his Theory of Everything (TOE) based on interactions with non physical entities and out of Body exploration.
Old 27-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Ascender

Yes, am very familiar with his work.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Ascender

An interesting article on the various spiritual paths -

Which of the Ultimates is Ultimate?

http://www.ahalmaas.com/contemplatio...es-is-ultimate
Old 14-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Ascender

"If you prefer smoke over fire
then get up now and leave.
For I do not intend to perfume
your mind's clothings
with more sooty knowledge.

No, I have something else in mind.
Today I hold a flame in my left hand
and a sword in my right.
There will be no damage control today.

For God is in a mood
to plunder your riches and
fling you nakedly
into such breathtaking poverty
that all that will be left of you
will be a tendency to shine.

So don't just sit around this flame
choking on your mind.
For this is no campfire song
to mindlessly mantra yourself to sleep with.

Jump now into the space
between thoughts
and exit this dream
before I burn the damn place down."

~ Adyashanti