Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 21-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Spiritual alchemy and chakras

I believe that alchemy is ultimately about "spiritual" alchemy. I see correspondences between the seven stages of spiritual alchemy and the seven chakras.

The first stage of alchemy corresponds to the lowest chakra and so on, moving upwards.

For instance, the fourth chakra, the heart chakra, corresponds to the fourth stage of alchemy, conjunction:

"4th Conjunction Anahata Chakra (bridge between lower and upper chakras) Union of Upper and Lower Egypt Heart Chakra Located in spine in the upper heart area" (this is quoted from my thread on the same topic at HubPages)

Please discuss.
Old 21-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Master

Not much to discuss. Both Chakras and alchemy is about transformation, so sure you can make the bridge, the same way you can make it between them, and Bifrost in Norse Mythology. It is not the same as there is a direct connection, or maybe it is just a whole lot of different ways of perceiving the exact same thing, the bridge between worlds... or more so the bridge between how you perceive the world... since the wisdom of the rainbow is that it ascends and descends in the same world, which would indicate that the Norse thought their Gods were of this world... kinda the same way Tantra perceives the Chakras I assume, that they are of this world, and a tool to connect to the divine
Old 21-05-2017, 10:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Not much to discuss. Both Chakras and alchemy is about transformation, so sure you can make the bridge, the same way you can make it between them, and Bifrost is Norse Mythology. It is not the same as there is a direct connection, or maybe it is just a whole lot of different ways of perceiving the exact same thing, the bridge between worlds... or more so the bridge between how you perceive the world... since the wisdom os the rainbow is that it ascends and descends in the same world, which would indicate that the Norse thought their Gods were of this world... kinda the same way Tantra perceives the Chakras I assume, that they are of this world, and a tool to connect to the divine

"and Bifrost is Norse Mythology" can you elaborate on this, I have heard of the term, but know nothing about it.
Old 21-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Master

Bifrost is the rainbow bridge that runs from the world of mortals to the world of the Gods, and the chakras is often portrayed in the colors of the rainbow. So one could easily there make a connection there. Plus Tantra talks about using the Chakras to reach the Divine.
Old 21-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Bifrost is the rainbow bridge that runs from the world of mortals to the world of the Gods, and the chakras is often portrayed in the colors of the rainbow. So one could easily there make a connection there. Plus Tantra talks about using the Chakras to reach the Divine.

Now you have piqued my interest, I will have to do a little reading on the subject. Thank you.
Old 21-05-2017, 11:31 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:

Hello,
Well you put that one to bed pretty easily!

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 22-05-2017, 03:04 AM
Experiencer

Alchemy is technically 'all chemistry'. It was initially the study of chemical actions and reactions. In some circles this did also involve spiritual progress, and none more so than with the search for the philosopher's stone; the goal of turning lead (or other metals) into gold. Some people understand this to be a metaphor for turning the base human into an enlightened human... but alchemy can mean science (chemistry) and/or spirituality.

I'd recommend reading a book called The Red Lion: https://www.amazon.com/Red-Lion-Elix.../dp/0965262189
It's a story.. but it does use a lot of details that align with alchemy and spirituality. Oddly, I've been planning on reading this again (and just pulled the book out for that reason).
Old 22-05-2017, 04:17 AM
Master
Daoist alchemy has a lot of spiritual truth in my experience, the spiritual daoist alchemy that is, but even the chemical alchemy that was practiced earlier by Daoist alchemists had some value it seems. An altogether valuable tradition.