Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 07-05-2017, 10:46 PM
Master
Sorry, answer to what?
I explained several approaches to how to read them and also suggested she read the book that came with them and practice lots. All very valid advice. I do card reading as part of my living - the information helped me to become very versatile with readings.
What answer was it you were looking for exactly?
Old 07-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I found it easier to just read the words and allow intuition to lead me to which words particularly apply, as the imagery brought in too much information for me and made a mental hash for me of possibilities. Some people only use the imagery and are great at it - we arrive at the same answer even dispite two different approaches.
The little book that comes with them can be super helpful for more words around the cards meaning, particularly in the beginning until one gets to know each card.
Some decks have inverse meanings also, so if the card is upside down it means the opposite thing. So best to read the appropriate page for card draws for a while as you get familiar with the deck.

Over time you and your Higher Self/Angels and Guides will develop ways to work with the cards more smoothly and you'll instantly know what cards are referring to when they come up most of the time. I've had cards have multiple meanings depending on the circumstance/question. Practice is the key. You can come up with all sorts of reasons to use your deck like "What's going to be the predominant energy this morning?, How about this afternoon? Is there going to be something today you want me to particularly watch out for? What is going to be the main theme of the get-together with my friends tomorrow? and so on. Find lots of reasons to get to practice and see how the cards play out within a few hours time.

I do not quite understand how this here is not a what was said a "real" answer?
None of this is unhelpful in any way. It is helpful and therefore as real an answer as any other answer posted in this thread.

And what CrystalSong has posted is essentially the same way and method in which I as many others who use and have used any type of card or Tarot deck have started out.

Many tend to start with the simple word descriptions and after a time of reading come to resonate how the descriptions play out in the spread. Then after a while of building confidence in this manner after and through trial and error and learning when and where one's intuition is most correct, some may choose to begin to work with the images on the cards, and denote their own meanings to those images- much in the way one would if they had created the images on the deck themselves- like for an example an image of the angel Gabrielle to me would indicate where in life we should be nurturing and say Gabrielle falls next to Michael- mayhaps one would consider nurturing their "Faith".

At least that is how imagery and symbolism works for me, I can not speak for anyone else.

But as I see it there was and is nothing wrong with the answer given here and it is as sound and reasonable as any other.

Essentially what CrystalSong said imo is to let one's natural Intuition and guidances help along the path of learning to read.

That is sound advice. If we can not trust our own feelings and ituition, who can we trust?

And no God is still not a sufficient answer. To what I just asked.
Because God can mean different things to many.
But as I view it God is a part of each of us. A very real part. So there is no reason we shouldn't trust ourselves.

All the answers here are valuable. They are thoughts and feelings of other human beings. Which should not be either looked over or cast aside.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Crystal song,
Thank you so much that's really helpful
Old 08-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Master

Haha I always sleep with the cards under my pillow the first night to create a connection with them. I sometimes do this with books also, and crystals back when I played with that part of this metaphysical journey
Old 08-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I do not quite understand how this here is not a what was said a "real" answer?
None of this is unhelpful in any way. It is helpful and therefore as real an answer as any other answer posted in this thread.

And what CrystalSong has posted is essentially the same way and method in which I as many others who use and have used any type of card or Tarot deck have started out.

Many tend to start with the simple word descriptions and after a time of reading come to resonate how the descriptions play out in the spread. Then after a while of building confidence in this manner after and through trial and error and learning when and where one's intuition is most correct, some may choose to begin to work with the images on the cards, and denote their own meanings to those images- much in the way one would if they had created the images on the deck themselves- like for an example an image of the angel Gabrielle to me would indicate where in life we should be nurturing and say Gabrielle falls next to Michael- mayhaps one would consider nurturing their "Faith".

At least that is how imagery and symbolism works for me, I can not speak for anyone else.

But as I see it there was and is nothing wrong with the answer given here and it is as sound and reasonable as any other.

Essentially what CrystalSong said imo is to let one's natural Intuition and guidances help along the path of learning to read.

That is sound advice. If we can not trust our own feelings and ituition, who can we trust?

And no God is still not a sufficient answer. To what I just asked.
Because God can mean different things to many.
But as I view it God is a part of each of us. A very real part. So there is no reason we shouldn't trust ourselves.

All the answers here are valuable. They are thoughts and feelings of other human beings. Which should not be either looked over or cast aside.

I do not know what I meant to say there.

It is about intuition mostly. Also doubting it sometimes. It is very difficult to understand.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Haha I always sleep with the cards under my pillow the first night to create a connection with them. I sometimes do this with books also, and crystals back when I played with that part of this metaphysical journey

I have certain customs myself in regards to my ceremonial tools and all tools for my path that I use.

I have come to have certain rituals I use to cleanse my tools.

With tarot I like to set them on my window sill and let them rest in the sun and moonlight for cleansing purposes. Although I have recently heard here that sunlight is bad for any type of thing, not merely stones.

Still although I have been keeping any jewelry and stones out of the sunlight I still let my deck enjoy its benefits every once and a good while.

But that is only part of my cleansing ritual. The whole process I have no interest in posting as it is personal ceremony.

It may be nice to change up my cleansing techniques every now and then. Change up the routine or drudgery of things once in a blue moon.

Jaroon- It is quite alright.

You are right, it is not always so simple to understand, and really easier said than done in a way.

I still to this day practice honing intuitive skills, lest they succumb to atrophy.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Although I have recently heard here that sunlight is bad for any type of thing, not merely stones.

Since the moon has no light I think it is worth mentioning here that moonlight is sunlight, so one might wonder where such an idea has its origin. Mostly it is an idea that you buy into, your cards, stones and such need nothing really; but your rituals of taking care of them make you bond with them, and that is where the power comes from. It is like spells, all the rituals that goes into casting them is merely to get you into the right mood