Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 07-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Having trouble reading my angel cards

I bought a deck of angel cards and I'm having trouble interpreting the cards I pick.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Master

May one ask why?
Old 07-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Melanin,
I'm just not sure how to read them
Old 07-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Master
Hi AngelDeck87,

I do not know what angel cards are per-se. I know they must be a tarot deck and I am familiar with using Tarot cards.

I suppose further explanation may be of help. First are there any keywords or messages for the cards? There also may be or should be a small instruction manual that may come with them if you bought them? Like I said I am not particularly familiar with this certain deck, but most decks do come with a basic manual and if lucky a general interpretation for the meaning of the card drawn either on the card or within the manual.

The manual also if I am not mistaken may have a couple spreads within it, that show how to lay out the cards in the preferred manner.

What many when starting out with tarot or a new deck do, is lay out the cards in a way of their choosing especially if the deck and paper does not contain any sort of lay outs and spreads, and then the reader, reads the cards by flipping them, looks at the general keywords or meanings of the cards, and gets a feel for the general reading.

If the cards have no keywords or meanings at all whatsoever on them, what one would do is simply lay out spreads and do readings, and pay attention to the feelings that come up for the reader regarding the reading.

Keyword here is practice. Once one begins to either read for others or themselves, they will in time come to see patterns with the cards.

Example my deck is a gypsy witch deck- the cards have short descriptions. I do not always look at the descriptions. After a while of getting to know the cards and how they come up (Like are placed) during the spread you come to rely on what you feel about the card set up itself and come to rely less upon the general descriptions on the card. Have faith and rely on your gut intuition. Practice and have patience with yourself. You will get the hang of it.

So as for my example within my spread I had the coffin card, the dark cloud card to the right of it, and the boat or sail boat underneath or above and to the left the scythe. The meanings on those cards indicate that the coffin next to the scythe is death. Literally this is what the cards say.

I studied the cards and felt- that irregardless of any death- that the card set up was indicating a sailing accident.

My parents and I were to go boating that upcoming weekend. We still went. We were sitting on the boat and I brought up the tarot reading I had done for myself, and was relaying to them how funny it was that the card set up looked like a sailing accident. Well my father asked me how I knew this and we started talking about feelings and intuition. After we talked I commented that obviously my feelings on the card spread must have been wrong because we had been out on the river a couple hours and nothing had happened and we were fine.

As my father tried to start up the engine on the way back, it wouldn't start. He tried to start it a couple times and it wouldn't start, he tried one last time, and the engine lifted off the back of the sail boat- the engine did not fit well with the build of the boat- and then it was all over. We lost the engine to the vast waters of the river.

Needless to say my father was quite upset. It was my brother's engine that my brother had purchased and was letting my dad use.

We ended up having to radio in and get a tow back.

There was never a death as the card meanings indicated- unless you count the engine haha- no it was as I thought, a sailing accident or disruption.

My point is, even if there is no clear meaning written anywhere about the cards, that you can still read them and be better for it, on your gut instinct and feelings. It is very good to practice reading with the cards and see how they feel to you, how the images feel to you. What do they say to you?

In time you will come to use the general descriptions as a learner's basis to go off, and your intuition and your sixth sense will begin to provide more of the details.

Hope this helps if only a little,
Like I said I do not have any experience with this particular deck of which you speak.

Good luck and all the best.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I do not know what angel cards are per-se. I know they must be a tarot deck and I am familiar with using Tarot cards.

It is not a tarot deck, unless the phrasing here is used in a different way than usual. Angel cards, are oracle cards, and by that only portray positive interpretations. I do like your words because you use them in a similar way, though in the sense of Neo meeting the Oracle in The Matrix you might wonder, would the engine have died if you had never mentioned it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldeck87
Melanin,
I'm just not sure how to read them

When I use my Goddess Guidance cards (Oracle) I go by intuition. Like what is the vibe here in relation to the card I have drawn. What comes to mind and so on. What do my inner most feelings tell me. And yes practice listening in on the relation between the cards, and what you feel about them, and trust that what comes up is accurate And most of all relax and just have fun with all of this
Old 07-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Master
Quote:
It is not a tarot deck, unless the phrasing here is used in a different way than usual. Angel cards, are oracle cards, and by that only portray positive interpretations. I do like your words because you use them in a similar way, though in the sense of Neo meeting the Oracle in The Matrix you might wonder, would the engine have died if you had never mentioned it?

Thank for the explanation Melahin!

So is that to say they are much like tarot decks, but the descriptions are in the most positive light? That is very nice. The deck I use well more so the descriptions than imagery can be very spooky for those that do not understand how to resonate with them. It really does take practice with any type of deck we use, tarot or oracle I feel.

Would the engine have died if I had never mentioned it. Yes wise praying mantis well put. Haha.

Or in another light- It is not you who bends the spoon, but the spoon that bends you.

Anyway the point is, I feel with things like this it is a matter of getting to a place where you are comfortable with the energies of the cards. I find often times the descriptions only skim the surface, and at times the cards mean quite a different thing from what the descriptions say.

With imagery I believe many of the images, and much of symbolism mean different things to different people. We all are able to feel a certain energy from the cards, but we human beings seem to feel and think in different terms.

Hope Angeldeck87 has found our responses helpful.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks Pluto
I will try the card spread.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldeck87
I bought a deck of angel cards and I'm having trouble interpreting the cards I pick.

Interpreting a deck like that.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:05 PM
Master
I found it easier to just read the words and allow intuition to lead me to which words particularly apply, as the imagery brought in too much information for me and made a mental hash for me of possibilities. Some people only use the imagery and are great at it - we arrive at the same answer even dispite two different approaches.
The little book that comes with them can be super helpful for more words around the cards meaning, particularly in the beginning until one gets to know each card.
Some decks have inverse meanings also, so if the card is upside down it means the opposite thing. So best to read the appropriate page for card draws for a while as you get familiar with the deck.

Over time you and your Higher Self/Angels and Guides will develop ways to work with the cards more smoothly and you'll instantly know what cards are referring to when they come up most of the time. I've had cards have multiple meanings depending on the circumstance/question. Practice is the key. You can come up with all sorts of reasons to use your deck like "What's going to be the predominant energy this morning?, How about this afternoon? Is there going to be something today you want me to particularly watch out for? What is going to be the main theme of the get-together with my friends tomorrow? and so on. Find lots of reasons to get to practice and see how the cards play out within a few hours time.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I found it easier to just read the words and allow intuition to lead me to which words particularly apply, as the imagery brought in too much information for me and made a mental hash for me of possibilities. Some people only use the imagery and are great at it - we arrive at the same answer even dispite two different approaches.
The little book that comes with them can be super helpful for more words around the cards meaning, particularly in the beginning until one gets to know each card.
Some decks have inverse meanings also, so if the card is upside down it means the opposite thing. So best to read the appropriate page for card draws for a while as you get familiar with the deck.

Over time you and your Higher Self/Angels and Guides will develop ways to work with the cards more smoothly and you'll instantly know what cards are referring to when they come up most of the time. I've had cards have multiple meanings depending on the circumstance/question. Practice is the key. You can come up with all sorts of reasons to use your deck like "What's going to be the predominant energy this morning?, How about this afternoon? Is there going to be something today you want me to particularly watch out for? What is going to be the main theme of the get-together with my friends tomorrow? and so on. Find lots of reasons to get to practice and see how the cards play out within a few hours time.

So no real answer?