Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Experiencer
My Christian Perspective on Psychotic Disorders

disclaimer: I am not a health care practitioner and do not advocate a turning away from medication nor treatment.

Psychiatry does not know the cause of psychotic disorders. Modern research merely "implies" that it is a brain disorder. This is nothing but a poor educated guess. For thousands of years it was known to be evil spirits to drive a person mad. The word madness was changed to insanity and now to a psychosis. The treating physicians would drill holes in people's heads to release the evil spirits. The problem with this is that evil spirits do not reside in a person's head. And needless to say, this form of treatment killed a number of patients. Frontal lobotomies would leave patients with brain damage and yet no cure. Physicians would subdue patients with excessive electric shock and heavy drugs. Research shows a chemical imbalance in most psychotics today. This would parallel cases with a history of drug abuse. The brain disorder that psychiatry has discovered would be brain damage caused by some drugs. Drugs like crystal methamphetamine and crack cocaine are sins that bring evil spirits into a person's life. The paranoid drug user believing that the cops are following them is being deceived by evil spirits who are masquerading as cops. Many cultures today still teach the truth that psychotic disorders are caused by evil spirits. Psychiatry has failed to discover the cause of these disorders and they have also failed to find a cure. Some psychiatrists today will tell their patients that their symptoms may be due to evil spirits. Good spirits are not the cause of psychotic disorders. Jesus Christ died so that our souls would be salvaged (restored) and we would not end up as an evil spirit in the afterlife. God, Jesus and the angels reach out to help some of these psychotic people by steering them away from demons and the dead. This is the reason why some psychotics claim to have seen and/or heard God, Jesus and angels. It is unrighteous how modern day psychiatry unwittingly discredits the testimonies of God's lowly witnesses.

Psychology is part of the course curriculum required to become a priest today. There are few people that would know some of the works of evil spirits upon mankind today. The priests trained in exorcisms and permitted to perform them would have a better understanding. 100 years or so ago, before psychiatry, the Catholic Church taught that psychotic disorders were caused by evil spirits. I believe that this is no longer taught do to lawsuits and the Church's reputation.

Evil spirits do indeed cause mental illnesses like schizophrenia. I believe that a healthy lifestyle with psychiatric treatment if needed and spiritual growth can benefit a person with a psychotic disorder.

Some crystal methamphetamine abusers report seeing "shadow people". What they see is the dead;

Psalm 23:4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

1 Peter 5:8-11. Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour. Resist him, steadfast, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. The God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory through Christ [Jesus] will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little. To him be dominion forever. Amen.
Old 18-04-2017, 04:34 PM
Master

Yeah I saw Chrstians who believed psychological disorders were evil spirits traumatize an autistic child. To people who believe these things.. eventually someone is going to get tortured because of it. Get out of the dark ages. Schizophrenia is not evil spirits. Read a book, learn instead of going by fantasies that always end up in harm.

"My people perish for lack of knowledge"
Old 18-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Experiencer

I have Paranoid Schizophrenia and I suffered for 7 years because the meds werent working but then in 1999 I was put on Clozapine and my suffering diminished greatly. I believe it is a Brain disorder because otherwise the med would not have helped me. It's primitive thinking to say it's demon's it's a mind thing not demon oppression or posession.
Old 18-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Experiencer
All the symptoms of schizophrenia can be explained spiritually.

Researchers are limited to studying the physical. They lack knowledge of things spiritual. This is the reason that they haven't found the cause of psychotic disorders like schizophrenia. They have noticed it can be hereditary (genetic)..This is do to one or more close family members having evil spirits in their lives. When these people pass away and even before, the spirits will sometimes go to a familiar child and/or an adult.
Old 19-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
I have Paranoid Schizophrenia and I suffered for 7 years because the meds werent working but then in 1999 I was put on Clozapine and my suffering diminished greatly. I believe it is a Brain disorder because otherwise the med would not have helped me. It's primitive thinking to say it's demon's it's a mind thing not demon oppression or posession.
Psychiatry does not know the cause of schizophrenia. Research merely "implies" that it is a brain disorder. The brain disorder psychiatry has found in many patients would be brain damage caused by drug abuse and can be helped with medication. I was also diagnosed schizophrenic and used to take photographs of the spirits. I also work in pharmaceutical research for schizophrenia and have found that the drug Invega works best for alleviating symptoms. Quitting cigarettes, if you smoke, helps as well. Here is a short video of a guy who is swamped by unhealthy spirit. You can clearly see the face of one of the spirits in flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-k9PHX4MR4

I speak the truth about schizophrenia. Peace.
Old 19-04-2017, 01:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant
Psychiatry does not know the cause of schizophrenia. Research merely "implies" that it is a brain disorder.
Just because medical science admits not knowing what something is, doesn't necessarily mean that it's evil spirits.

What's happening is that the mind wants to fix itself. The illness is trying to treat itself. But it sees things that aren't there and isn't able to do it alone. The reality is that a person diagnosed with a serious illness like this needs a lot of support from others who are knowledgeable and experienced treating this specific disorder.

Who would you rather believe..

Professional therapists who's lives are spent helping people with schizophrenia, not by themselves but networked with thousands of other professionals doing the same thing, or someone currenly living with the disorder who is also untreated and makes a video on youtube saying it's demons?
Old 19-04-2017, 03:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Psychiatry does not know the cause of schizophrenia. Research merely "implies" that it is a brain disorder. The brain disorder psychiatry has found in many patients would be brain damage caused by drug abuse and can be helped with medication. I was also diagnosed schizophrenic and used to take photographs of the spirits. I also work in pharmaceutical research for schizophrenia and have found that the drug Invega works best for alleviating symptoms. Quitting cigarettes, if you smoke, helps as well. Here is a short video of a guy who is swamped by unhealthy spirit. You can clearly see the face of one of the spirits in flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-k9PHX4MR4

I speak the truth about schizophrenia. Peace.

Whatever.. I know your type.. your a Christian who thinks he's got all the answers.
Old 19-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
I speak the truth about schizophrenia.
One thing I've witnessed, over and over: every religious or spiritual person that doesn't want to engage in an authentic dialogue, will at some point fall back on "I speak the truth." You may as well just say, "Those are my religious beliefs and my religious beliefs are THE TRUTH. What unbelievers think is irrelevant. And now I'm putting my fingers in my ears."

Your stopping-smoking comment is spot on, but not because of evil spirits. It's because when we engage in lower self activities -- smoking, alcohol, drugs, sex addiction, etc. -- we deaden our soul life by creating unhappy and unproductive energy around us and in our reality. And these soul-deadening activities do manifest as some pretty dark and ugly energy in many people. And in very extreme cases, can lead to evil human behaviour, yes.
Old 19-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Experiencer
I said, "I speak the truth about schizophrenia" because I have seen and heard the truth first hand through my own experiences. I apologize if I offended anyone. I have no uncertainty in the matter. Please don't let that stop you from commenting. I promise to be humble. Thank you.
Old 19-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
disclaimer: I am not a health care practitioner and do not advocate a turning away from medication nor treatment.

Psychiatry does not know the cause of psychotic disorders. Modern research merely "implies" that it is a brain disorder. This is nothing but a poor educated guess. For thousands of years it was known to be evil spirits to drive a person mad. The word madness was changed to insanity and now to a psychosis. The treating physicians would drill holes in people's heads to release the evil spirits. The problem with this is that evil spirits do not reside in a person's head. And needless to say, this form of treatment killed a number of patients. Frontal lobotomies would leave patients with brain damage and yet no cure. Physicians would subdue patients with excessive electric shock and heavy drugs. Research shows a chemical imbalance in most psychotics today. This would parallel cases with a history of drug abuse. The brain disorder that psychiatry has discovered would be brain damage caused by some drugs. Drugs like crystal methamphetamine and crack cocaine are sins that bring evil spirits into a person's life. The paranoid drug user believing that the cops are following them is being deceived by evil spirits who are masquerading as cops. Many cultures today still teach the truth that psychotic disorders are caused by evil spirits. Psychiatry has failed to discover the cause of these disorders and they have also failed to find a cure. Some psychiatrists today will tell their patients that their symptoms may be due to evil spirits. Good spirits are not the cause of psychotic disorders. Jesus Christ died so that our souls would be salvaged (restored) and we would not end up as an evil spirit in the afterlife. God, Jesus and the angels reach out to help some of these psychotic people by steering them away from demons and the dead. This is the reason why some psychotics claim to have seen and/or heard God, Jesus and angels. It is unrighteous how modern day psychiatry unwittingly discredits the testimonies of God's lowly witnesses.

Yes there are different stories about madness, and Bible stories were one of the fads in the history of discourse on madness, but you know, the person is mad because their voice of unreason makes no sense within the 'rational' norms that maintain social order. But look, believing a man who lived 2000 years ago rescues believers from their sins is as psychotic a story as any told in the nuthouse, the only difference being it is socially sanctioned as 'acceptable' due to it being the institutionalised narrative of the Christian religion. I mean, a person who believed demons are attacking him would be diagnosed psychotic, but a Christian making claims such as yours wouldn't be. It's the same story, the only difference is who tells it and the social position from which they tell it.

Quote:
Psychology is part of the course curriculum required to become a priest today. There are few people that would know some of the works of evil spirits upon mankind today. The priests trained in exorcisms and permitted to perform them would have a better understanding. 100 years or so ago, before psychiatry, the Catholic Church taught that psychotic disorders were caused by evil spirits. I believe that this is no longer taught do to lawsuits and the Church's reputation.

Evil spirits do indeed cause mental illnesses like schizophrenia. I believe that a healthy lifestyle with psychiatric treatment if needed and spiritual growth can benefit a person with a psychotic disorder.

Some crystal methamphetamine abusers report seeing "shadow people". What they see is the dead;

Psalm 23:4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

1 Peter 5:8-11. Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour. Resist him, steadfast, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. The God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory through Christ [Jesus] will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little. To him be dominion forever. Amen.