Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 25-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Ascender
No, some of us just scout the new threads that interest us... I didn't even know there was a yoga section, I'm more into chakras, but now I know it's here I might visit lol. I'm more into crystals for chakras and reiki. But still no kundalini that I know of (sulks).

Hope your having an awesome weekend dude
Old 26-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
No, some of us just scout the new threads that interest us... I didn't even know there was a yoga section, I'm more into chakras, but now I know it's here I might visit lol. I'm more into crystals for chakras and reiki. But still no kundalini that I know of (sulks).

Hope your having an awesome weekend dude
Be careful what you wish for Have you ever tried a guided chakra-balancing meditation? You might find it useful if you're interested in working on your chakras, I've found this one useful :)

Hope you're having an awesome weekend too, sun's still shining nice and bright :)
Old 26-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Ascender
Oh I know lol. I used to be so fearful of accidentally getting it going you know, but now I kind of think I'm ready... yeah I'll totally regret that if it ever happens I know lol.

I'll try that meditation thank you kindly, I do go through all my chakras at start of my meditations. I am most definitely NOT doing yoga today... the back of my legs are killing me!!!

Oh yes such a beautiful day today, hope you managed to enjoy it :)
Old 26-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh I know lol. I used to be so fearful of accidentally getting it going you know, but now I kind of think I'm ready... yeah I'll totally regret that if it ever happens I know lol.

I'll try that meditation thank you kindly, I do go through all my chakras at start of my meditations. I am most definitely NOT doing yoga today... the back of my legs are killing me!!!

Oh yes such a beautiful day today, hope you managed to enjoy it :)
Oh I don't think it has to be a traumatic experience, it depends on the person I think - I don't want to worry you unnecessarily, if you feel you're ready, trust the feeling :)

Very wise not to do the yoga, best to take it easy I think! Maybe do a few light stretches to get the blood flowing in those aching muscles, I hope you enjoyed your day too :)
Old 27-03-2017, 07:15 AM
Ascender
Sorry, I hope that wasn't insensitive, I know kundalini can suck big time, like devastatingly so, I dont mean to come across as like I can take that, I'm not doubting how terrible it can be, which is why i did have a fear of it, I would stay away from crystals with a link to it, but my attitude just kind of changed, I still have so much work to do on myself, but feel kundalini would be good for me personally at this stage- but not something I will try to induce!

I did the guided meditation it was good, I will defo do that for a nice relaxing one but do like the insights and self exploration of non guided.

Going to do some more yoga today even though I can still feel it in the backs of my legs.

Ps yay more sun :)
Old 27-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Sorry, I hope that wasn't insensitive, I know kundalini can suck big time, like devastatingly so, I dont mean to come across as like I can take that, I'm not doubting how terrible it can be, which is why i did have a fear of it, I would stay away from crystals with a link to it, but my attitude just kind of changed, I still have so much work to do on myself, but feel kundalini would be good for me personally at this stage- but not something I will try to induce!

I did the guided meditation it was good, I will defo do that for a nice relaxing one but do like the insights and self exploration of non guided.

Going to do some more yoga today even though I can still feel it in the backs of my legs.

Ps yay more sun :)
Oh no I didn't think you were being insensitive :) I think you're right not to try to induce it, people have got into trouble trying to do that - best thing is to relax and stay present, I think, and then if it's meant to happen, it will :)

Glad you liked the guided meditation, though yeah, best thing is to go with what you feel drawn to do, so if you feel you benefit more from non-guided meditation, go for it :) I do mindfulness meditation for the most part, I generally prefer just being present with myself - though I'll mix it up occasionally, depending on how I feel.

Hope the yoga goes well, too, hopefully it'll help to ease the pain in your legs! Think I'll try the sacral chakra workout today, I'm feeling a bit of tightness there atm.

PS Yeah I kinda worry we're getting our yearly quota of sun tbh Nice, though, the world feels like a different place when the sun's shining :)
Old 27-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Ascender
I have a book on mindfulness and it has a meditation with it, I should really give it a go.

I hope the yoga helps, that was the one that killed me. Did you try the throat?

Oh yeah defo agree on both comments about the weather- winter starts again tomorrow lol, I did hear we are due rain. And yes so much love in the air and all that happiness and beauty around. Felt like I was on holiday when I was out before

Sorry for littering your wonderful thread with all my chit chat but have a wonderful day :)
Old 27-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Master
Quote:
I have a book on mindfulness and it has a meditation with it, I should really give it a go.

I hope the yoga helps, that was the one that killed me. Did you try the throat?

Oh yeah defo agree on both comments about the weather- winter starts again tomorrow lol, I did hear we are due rain. And yes so much love in the air and all that happiness and beauty around. Felt like I was on holiday when I was out before

Sorry for littering your wonderful thread with all my chit chat but have a wonderful day :)
No need to apologise, I'm glad of your input - wouldn't have been much of a thread without it What's the title of the book, out of interest? Sounds like it could be worth a read :)

Yeah that one killed me, too! Though I probably felt the most benefit from that one, so there you go... yeah I tried the throat one, I've been feeling more energy there recently so it was good to work that area.

On the weather - aw no, really? Balls... well, I guess we should be grateful we got a few nice, sunny days! Glad you felt the happy vibes, too, and I hope you're having a wonderful day too :)
Old 27-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Ascender
Mindfulness- a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world. By mark Williams and Danny penman. I have the kindle version and has meditations in it, or book comes with cd (maybe check it's included as some might not if second hand etc) it was recommended to hubby by someone in the mental health team when he was having problems, I started reading it and it looked really good, think I'll have to read it properly, it wasn't the right time before.

If your feeling more energy somewhere why do you think that area needs work? I do feel a lot at crown and third eye but my chakras that need some love are apparently throats and solar plexus and lower. I'm finding it very difficult reading what's going on. When I'm doing my meditations the one I struggle to feel spinning is my heart but when I went to reiki the first time she said right away that my heart chakra was very good. So I'm trying to figure out what all the sensations mean.

Yeah sorry bout the weather thing lol I checked weather and looks like a wet week now :( gutted
Old 28-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Mindfulness- a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world. By mark Williams and Danny penman. I have the kindle version and has meditations in it, or book comes with cd (maybe check it's included as some might not if second hand etc) it was recommended to hubby by someone in the mental health team when he was having problems, I started reading it and it looked really good, think I'll have to read it properly, it wasn't the right time before.

If your feeling more energy somewhere why do you think that area needs work? I do feel a lot at crown and third eye but my chakras that need some love are apparently throats and solar plexus and lower. I'm finding it very difficult reading what's going on. When I'm doing my meditations the one I struggle to feel spinning is my heart but when I went to reiki the first time she said right away that my heart chakra was very good. So I'm trying to figure out what all the sensations mean.

Yeah sorry bout the weather thing lol I checked weather and looks like a wet week now :( gutted
The title of the book sounds intriguing, I'll check it out on Amazon and I'll be interested to hear your feedback on it if you do get around to reading it :)

RE my throat chakra, it was more that the energy I was feeling there was showing up a blockage in that area, and that's why I thought I'd give the throat workout a try (should've said that in the first place, really!). You sound very similar to me in terms of where you're predominantly feeling the energy and which chakras need your attention, and I know what you mean about struggling to read what's going on... I think you just have to trust your intuition, tbh, and not overthink it :) Odd about your heart chakra, but good that it's functioning well, anyway (always been a problem area for me, it's been very blocked though I think it's slowly getting better).

Shame about the weather... though I guess we should be used to it, living in Manchester and all The sunshine's nice while it lasts, anyway :)