Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 12-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Master
Green Witch Tarot

I'm wondering if anyone's got experience with this deck and if so what it's like.
I've come across it and like it, but it's totally different from the more RWS based decks, hence my curiosity.
For instance, on Swords 6 the boat is coming towards you, not moving away. Does that alter interpretation?

Judgement (Harvest) doesn't look anything like what I've seen before, and depicts both a man and woman and a lovely cottage.

If a deck is so different from 'default', how much does interpretation deviate from default?
Wondering, as I've never used a deck other than RWS based (Robin Wood).
Old 12-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Ascender
I don't have experience of the Green Witch Tarot, but the two tarot packs I do have are similarly unconventional.

My approach is that tarot is tarot, whether it's RW or not. The key to any pack that goes off the beaten track is simply to follow the Fool's journey - a figure eight, to there and back.
For example, the Tarot of the Druids has all the Major Arcana depicted as the Gods and Goddess' from Ireland's myths and legend. To me this is just like a book that I can open, where every card is a snapshot of a larger story - the Fool weaving through and in-between - with of course the added dimension of tarot.

The Green Witch Tarot is certainly a beautiful collection of cards and no doubt a fascinating source of reflection - tarot magic from the deep greenwood - if I didn't have plenty to occupy my studies in the meantime I would add the set to my small collection.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:27 PM
55Degrees

I don't have it (yet!!!!), its been on my wishlist since it was released.
It isn't really that far removed from RWS, except it's obviously pagan based, which I like.

As far as 6 of Swords having the boat coming towards you (the Fountain Tarot does the same), it doesn't really alter the meaning that much. It could be saying you've been through a rough patch but you're now in smoother waters, or that is what needs to be done.

Harvest, as Judgement, I totally get. You reap what you sow, and as the harvest is in, its time to tend the soil in preparation to re-plant or plant something new.

The guidebook is, apparently, fantastic and thoroughly explains all the symbolism if hedge witchery is new territory.

There are quite a few name changes to the Majors, which doesn't particularly bother me, if it's obvious by the image why the card is re-named.

The only negative I've heard is that it is the publishers new card stock, which apparently isn't very nice, quite cardboardy and cheap feeling. Apart from that, I've only heard good things about it.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Master
Thank you, Pisces!
It's the first time another Tarot deck than my own is appealing to me this much. Probably also because of its pagan nature. I've trained with a UK hedgewitch for a while, shouldn't be new territory in that sense.
The imagery is appealing in a weird way. Weird because it isn't as 'slick' and professional looking as for instance Ciro Marchetti's cards, yet it does resonate with me.

Good to know the guidebook is good. Don't always use them, but can be handy!

Cheers!
Old 13-03-2017, 12:00 AM
Master
Thanks for your feedback, Kine Linea :)
And yes, the Fool's journey, hihi.
Old 13-03-2017, 01:58 PM
Master
I have had that deck on my wishlist ever since it was released too. I never bought it though, but it called a lot to me.
Six of swords could mean you have a healthy intention and are approaching something, probably relationship based, family based, that is not likely to happen the way you expect it to according to the RWS. It could mean you might want to reach out to someone, but there is delay, feeling of dragging along. The judgement RWS could mean what you are aiming for will happen but most likely in an indirect manner. Just my interpretation of it according to the RWS.
If the pictures depict a positive image, the outcome is most likely to be positive, even scary cards could have a positive meaning depending on the situation and question. so it depends I guess, however it is good to be well acquainted with the RWS since the traditional meanings do apply and you can draw from those meanings during a reading and see if if it relates.
Old 13-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Master
@ Pisces and @ Angelic Star
Can I ask why you haven't purchased it yet? I'm not getting at financial reasons, just wondering if there are other reasons for not buying it (yet). What is keeping you back and/or making you hesitate to actually go for it?
Old 13-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Master
Well I had bought a lot of decks when it was released, so I saved it in my wishlist for a next time, but kept forgetting about it
Its a nice deck, but I have other decks right now that I truly enjoy working with. Maybe I will be drawn to it again.
Old 13-03-2017, 03:20 PM
55Degrees

@FairyCrystal
Oh my wishlist only ever gets longer. There were other decks calling that had been on my list longer or I felt more drawn to purchase.
I will eventually get it but it's about 8th on my tarot wishlist at the moment.
Old 13-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
Well I had bought a lot of decks when it was released, so I saved it in my wishlist for a next time, but kept forgetting about it
Its a nice deck, but I have other decks right now that I truly enjoy working with. Maybe I will be drawn to it again.
Thanks for your reply!
I can understand if you have a lot of new decks you'd rather wait or not feel drawn so much (right now/anymore).

I rarely use more than 2 decks.It's just too much for me to keep changing. When I got my Lenormand in, my Tarot ended up on the backburner. Hardly use it at all at the mo. That's why it's a surprise that I suddenly feel drawn to this deck. And what makes me hesitant to purchase it, apart from financial reasons. I'm just not sure yet whether I'm really ready to go back to Tarot again...
I am very tempted, but I easily get tempted, lol.
Bling bling does nothing much to me -except for crystals- but books, oracle cards, and again crystals... I'm a s*(cker when it comes to those!