Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 21-03-2017, 03:14 AM
Pathfinder
Sorry for the spelling I'm on my phone :)
Old 21-03-2017, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akc1213
Gem- make when you dead lift you have correct forme. Your back shouldn't hurt. When you approach the bar one palm facing up, the other down- whatever is more comfortable for you. When you go to grab the bar pull your shoulders back stand up and push your hips forward. Your arms in the deadlift are simply hooks. Use your legs and breath to pull you up. Make sure you pop your butt put before you stand also. And mess around with your stance. Toes should be slightly turned out like when you squat. Powerlifting is amazing. You are a bad *** for doing it. Keep it up- being strong mentally and physically is admirable. ♡♡♡♡

Sure I know HOW to do the lift, but it took a bit of mobility training before I COULD. Now I have a lifting routine as well as a mobility routine geared toward the compound lifts.

I'm not a powerlifter per se because I also do overhead press and bentover barbell rows (off the floor)... (It is called the 'Pendlay Row')

The program I'm following now is called Stronglifts 5X5. I foirst got the idea off Rainbow.Sprinkles - a strong-girl on this thread.
Old 21-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sure I know HOW to do the lift, but it took a bit of mobility training before I COULD. Now I have a lifting routine as well as a mobility routine geared toward the compound lifts.

I'm not a powerlifter per se because I also do overhead press and bentover barbell rows (off the floor)... (It is called the 'Pendlay Row')

The program I'm following now is called Stronglifts 5X5. I foirst got the idea off Rainbow.Sprinkles - a strong-girl on this thread.

That is awesome- I have never heard of the pendlay row- I will look it up. Any tips you can share, I'd love to hear them. I will look up Stronglifts 5X5 also.
Old 21-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Master
stronglifts is a great program for beginner lifters. I'm coming up on a year of doing this program and I'm starting to wonder how long one does a beginner's program for before switching to a more moderate program. it makes me sad because I'm so attached to stronglifts lol.
Old 22-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
stronglifts is a great program for beginner lifters. I'm coming up on a year of doing this program and I'm starting to wonder how long one does a beginner's program for before switching to a more moderate program. it makes me sad because I'm so attached to stronglifts lol.

I read the Stronglifts page pretty thouroughly, and it says once one really stops progressing in the 5X5 it changes the sets/reps program and then it moves on to the Madcow program.

See the table of contents Number 3. "Plateaus" then scroll down to "deloads" https://stronglifts.com/5x5/...

...if you read down a bit past the stuff you already know and have done, you'll see recommendations that say when you stop progressing on the 5X5, then do less sets, less reps (the numbers are all there) - and finally advises to switch to the Madcow program. It describes Madcow and provides a link to Madcow's page.

I love the Stronglifts 5X5 program. It's perfect for me - and the Stronglifts 5X5 webpage is really good!

BTW, I have this great demonstration of a Pendlay Row: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8l_8chR5BE&t=118s
Old 23-03-2017, 12:12 AM
Master
interesting, thanks for the heads up! I'm definitely still progressing so I guess I'll just keep going with it. :)
Old 12-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Suspended
I've always been a calisthenic person, mostly because of my martial arts history. Just makes more sense to me to use the body's own motions and such.

Weight lifting is for targeting specific areas of the muscle group you wish to better.

Calisthenics uses more of a broad range of muscle groups but feels more natural and is better for 'everyday' sort of activity.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Master
Hey hey!

I hope you guys are still liftin' some heavy as weights - and makin' mad gainz!