Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 19-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Seeker

New Tarot Deck - Should I Do Anything?

I don't know a huge amount about tarot. I have just bought a new deck off Amazon and I am super excited to get them and learn. But, my question is once I have the deck, should I do anything with them to make them clean or mine etc... what should I do? Or do I just start using them and I don't have to do anything.... Is there a best way to store them etc? Help please!!??
Old 19-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Master

Many readers wrap their tarot deck in a silk scarf to keep it clean. You can sage them on a regular basis to clear energies too. To help connect with your deck if you don't already feel connected to it. try sleeping with it under your pillow. You may also want to try a tarot spread to interview your tarot deck.
Old 19-05-2017, 10:10 PM
Newbie ;)

If you normally sage everything, etc., than go ahead. It isn't needed, though - I always just start using mine.

The silk idea was borrowed from the I Ching, it's traditionally wrapped in yellow silk. But in all the years I've been reading I haven't seen that it makes any difference, so, same advice - if you have a nice silk scarf you'd just love to wrap it in, go ahead. If not, no worries.

My decks are in silk, cotton, velvet that probably has polyester in it, cardboard boxes, wooden boxes, plastic...and they all work the same.
Old 20-05-2017, 05:09 AM
Master

My only ritual with new cards is taking them out of the box before I use them ;)
Old 28-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxy
I don't know a huge amount about tarot. I have just bought a new deck off Amazon and I am super excited to get them and learn. But, my question is once I have the deck, should I do anything with them to make them clean or mine etc... what should I do? Or do I just start using them and I don't have to do anything.... Is there a best way to store them etc? Help please!!??

Just give your self lots of readings (for now ) later on this is not such a good idea to over use, rituals I found good, candles. incense just send them good vibes and enjoy.
in places where others do not.
Old 30-05-2017, 04:49 AM
Seeker

Hi
I ask 'how can I best use you' or 'what area will you be of most use in' or some similar question and then pull a card.
inomminate
Old 30-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Guide

i dont really feel connected to tarot to begin with.
but i tried to study the meaning of each card - there is a great site to use where you can get a lot of info, but im not sure i can post its name here- and it seemed to have worked a bit.

i keep mine in the box it came in, but once i move i plan on a different storage. maybe a pouch, or a silk scarf...

oh, yea, make sure to perform the ritual of taking them out of their box and then shuffling before the reading XD

good luck!

PS: thank you inika for that spread! i should try it myself
Old 30-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Seeker

Thanks for all the advice people. The deck has been delayed in the post. I'm hoping they turn up this week. I know they are meant for me because I feel connected and excited already (weird I know).