Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Jesus answered the Pharisees question honestly--he was not saying he was God. The Pharisees didn't say a single truth about Jesus. They hated him.
They as well taught, Jesus received his power from satan--did you believe their words? Not once did they say a truth about Jesus.

Again, they were responding to His statement of "I Am".
Again, which response I didn't see in the New World translation.
Which is evident in all others!

Other than this, you ignored the rest of my post.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-07-2017, 10:41 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Again, they were responding to His statement of "I Am".
Again, which response I didn't see in the New World translation.
Which is evident in all others!

Other than this, you ignored the rest of my post.

Hebrew scholars say-- I am that I am = mistranslation--- I will be what I will be is correct.
So I am was not saying what they are trying to tell you Jesus was saying. He answered the Pharisees--he lived before Abraham. The pharisees twisted his words.
Old 22-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Hebrew scholars say-- I am that I am = mistranslation--- I will be what I will be is correct.
So I am was not saying what they are trying to tell you Jesus was saying. He answered the Pharisees--he lived before Abraham. The pharisees twisted his words.

KJ? So what is it about my prior reply to this that you don't seem to understand?
Again, "I Am" denotes transcension of time, regarding the Eternal.
"I Will Be", involves time and space.
You dismiss the conclusions of theoretical physicists today about the illusory aspect of time and space?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-07-2017, 07:39 PM
kjw47

Quote:
KJ? So what is it about my prior reply to this that you don't seem to understand?
You dismiss the conclusions of theoretical physicists today about the illusory aspect of time and space?

Jesus is the firstborn of all creation( Coll 1:15)---liars say this is at his mortal birth, The word creation proves them 100% in error. Creation happened at the very beginning of created things.
Created direct--first and last--all other things created through him.
Prov 8 is the being who came to earth and was named Jesus as a mortal. He shares just how difficult it was for God to create him directly.
He, mentioned there a few x by the one speaking is God, the one speaking is not God--it is Gods master worker=Jesus. The one all other things were created through.
Old 22-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Master

Quote:

if things can change, then one can usually make a definition of something which we can call for example 'time' as kind of a yardstick against which to measure the change. Then one can go from there.

The only way to completely abrograte the possibility of calling SOMETHING time is if nothing ever changes. Or conversely if the changes are so random that it isn't possible to make a meaningful yardstick out of anything.

If we aren't going to suddenly assume either of the above this leads to, if you can call SOMETHING time (even though it might not be the thing we are accustomed to calling time) then you can start talking about all the things that go with that concept... and the concept of something like what we know of as the 'future' may come into play in a meaningful way as being a prophesy of the state of things 'later'.

Quite honestly I agree with you, God transcends time and space AS WE KNOW IT but that 'fact' in and of itself doesn't at all mean he doesn't have some other concept of 'time' that would make a distinction between 'I am what I am' and 'I will be what I will be' a very important distinction for him to make.
Old 23-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
if things can change, then one can usually make a definition of something which we can call for example 'time' as kind of a yardstick against which to measure the change. Then one can go from there.

The only way to completely abrograte the possibility of calling SOMETHING time is if nothing ever changes. Or conversely if the changes are so random that it isn't possible to make a meaningful yardstick out of anything.

If we aren't going to suddenly assume either of the above this leads to, if you can call SOMETHING time (even though it might not be the thing we are accustomed to calling time) then you can start talking about all the things that go with that concept... and the concept of something like what we know of as the 'future' may come into play in a meaningful way as being a prophesy of the state of things 'later'.

Quite honestly I agree with you, God transcends time and space AS WE KNOW IT but that 'fact' in and of itself doesn't at all mean he doesn't have some other concept of 'time' that would make a distinction between 'I am what I am' and 'I will be what I will be' a very important distinction for him to make.

Point, FL...

He just IS. Apart from time.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Master
In Revelation 12:9 we read of the identity of the dragon, as well as in Revelation
20:2. Who, we are told, "decieves the whole world".

What does the "dragon" decieve about, except what Einstein brought out, and has been uncovered since about the material world, and the nature of "reality"?
The lie... that, this world is the greater reality, worth fighting and killing for, lying, stealing and cheating, etc., in dog eat dog fashion... to the detriment of one's own very soul?

That this animal/mammal and evolved organic situation into which we have fallen, ( Revelation 12 ), is real?
Here is the deception of the devil. Think about it.
"Space/Time".

To be seen in the devil, "mara" also, in Buddhism.

"Most people are captured in the matrix of nature, immersed in the sea of materiality. We must pray they be reborn, attain a new heart..."
Abdul Baha

"You must be born again." - Jesus

Old 22-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Master
And so?

What is, "The Matrix..."?