Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 20-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless36
I love affirmations, but wondered if anyone hadn't heard of Afformations. They are a twist on affirmations. invented by Noah St John, basically it is asking questions. Now he says when most people use affirmations their minds work against them. Example "I am rich" usually the brain says no you are not look at the bills you have to pay etc. However with Afformations, he has you turn it into a question "Why am I so rich". The brain immediately starts looking for evidence to support you without the same resistance that an affirmation produces. So its a subtle way of shifting your vibration towards what you want to create within your life.
I use a similar technique using questions and indirections as a way to form words so that the thoughts go around resistance. The question opens you to new possibilities that are beyond your resistance.

There are two ways to read "Why am I so rich?". If you read more like a willful invocation which is how I think most people do then it is shallow and ineffective. I'm guessing that he was intending a deeper self-reflective approach where you allow yourself to think about your self value and also about gratitude for all of the things that you already posess. And the question opens to new possibilities of understanding your circumstance so that change can occur. The "I am rich" suggests the direction of the changes by affirming what is already there.

I just found a way to open myself to gratitude. This was always a challenge for me as I could not feel grateful. But at the same time I understood that gratitude is a necessary step to grounding good experience so that more may come. So I was left trapped. This is the afformation I came up with to attract gratitude when stuck:

"How could I possibly feel grateful for this?"

The subconscious focus is on gratitude and the question allows opening to new ways of feeling. The question forms a feeling pressure wave that is hard to describe, a sort of increased awareness of a feeling of gratitude that is active now. And renders the resistance meaningless.

Similarly I have another afformation for applying miracle consciousness. When I was looking for a new job I used this one:

"It would be a miracle if I had a job that I love."

The conscious mind in resistance sees this as an obvious statement of fact so it causes no further resistance because no energy is involved. However the subconscious interprets the dominant thought in the present as "job that I love" and applies energy in that direction. Similarly ignoring the resistance.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:31 PM
Master
Bumping this thread.The guy who discovered this system was very close to the ''always stay in the question'' mode.

https://www.earlytorise.com/afformations-2/

I'm not sure how i can use his system,buti'll give it a shot.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:07 PM
Newbie ;)

God could and would if he were sought.

🙏🏻🧘🏻‍♂️🚶🏼‍♂️
Old 02-07-2019, 10:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Ask and you will receive
Old 03-07-2019, 03:31 AM
Master

@ guthrio

The feeling in flowing rippleless a becoming
As always with The source within connecting
The meditation unending
Yet there is our attention oscillating
The trick then is to be unclinging
So it is back to the beginning
Divine entwined loving feeling
A flow unceasing

Old 05-07-2019, 12:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ guthrio

The feeling in flowing rippleless a becoming
As always with The source within connecting
The meditation unending
Yet there is our attention oscillating
The trick then is to be unclinging
So it is back to the beginning
Divine entwined loving feeling
A flow unceasing

Unseeking Seeker,

...much thanks for the Source from which your feelings flow unceasingly.

From your intent with the above, I have learned that the "trick to be unclinging, so it is back to the beginning, and experienced as the Divine entwined loving feeling in a flow unceasing"....

....is to "begin by feeling that you have already arrived" , and as Source,....forever connected and divinely loved.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)