Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellabomer
It is often said that if we pray with a pure heart, God fulfills our desires and wishes. But isn't it wrong? If we are getting attached to worldly possessions and praying to God to give us so or so thing/person, then it just means we don't have a pure heart. We are still consumed by our ego. Or can we actually pray from God to give us something and he would fulfill our wishes?
It can take lifetimes of prayer and devotion to God for Him to fulfill just one wish. Lord Shiva is known for 'wish fulfillment' but God is also like a genie...one needs to be very careful what they wish for. Yes, the wish will be granted, but at what and whose expense?

For example, Bhasmasura prayed to Lord Shiva his whole lifetime for the boon to be able to burn people to ash, simply by placing his hand on top of their head...and that nobody else would be able to destroy him...Lord Shiva said 'fine, have your boon' but then employed the goddess, Mohini (a form of Lord Vishnu) to dance with him, teaching him a 'Simon says' dance in which he placed his own hand on top of his head and burnt himself to ash!

Ravana asked for the boon that no mortal man could ever kill him...Lord Shiva agreed, but got Lord Rama to kill him.

The pure of heart would ask for no other wish than to see/experience the full form and force of God out of pure love...if not careful this would drive one totally crazy...it is so overwhelming...so incredible when it happens.

Lord Shiva granted me a wish...I replied "granting the wish is enough, but I always want to be in divine service and remembrance of You" Shiva said 'so be it'.

Some desire wealth - God complies with an inheritance from a beloved family member who they would much prefer to be alive than to receive their money...

This is the way He works.
Old 18-05-2017, 04:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Seek the kingdom of heaven within you and you will be given all that you need.

I was born with everything i need, hence no seeking was ever required. Perhaps some need to seek in order to realize they already have everything they needed all along.
Old 18-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Experiencer

Does God fulfill our wishes? Well...what is the wish? Is it for a new car...is it for someone's who's gravely sick to regain health...is it for God to do something about starving people and/or war...is it for world enlightenment? I think it depends on if you truly understand what the ego is about to fully comprehend whether wishes are fulfilled or not. Many of us have heard the saying "the more you have, the more you want". If it's possible for a hermit living in a cave who possesses nothing of material value to be living in bliss far greater than the richest person...what does that say about having wishes fulfilled?
Old 18-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Guide

Quote:
It is often said that if we pray with a pure heart, God fulfills our desires and wishes. But isn't it wrong? If we are getting attached to worldly possessions and praying to God to give us so or so thing/person, then it just means we don't have a pure heart. We are still consumed by our ego. Or can we actually pray from God to give us something and he would fulfill our wishes?

You will find the answer in A Course In Miracles (Original Text)
Old 18-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:

It is often said by some religious and non religious people that.."God helps those who help themselves" ....have you ever been curious as to what this might mean in connection to all this your putting out there?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 20-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Does God fulfill our wishes? Well...what is the wish? Is it for a new car...is it for someone's who's gravely sick to regain health...is it for God to do something about starving people and/or war...is it for world enlightenment? I think it depends on if you truly understand what the ego is about to fully comprehend whether wishes are fulfilled or not. Many of us have heard the saying "the more you have, the more you want". If it's possible for a hermit living in a cave who possesses nothing of material value to be living in bliss far greater than the richest person...what does that say about having wishes fulfilled?

But a person in society is not allowed to do this. Believe it or not the person will probably end up in the legal system.
Old 20-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Master

Quote:

You have your own power to do your own manifesting.