Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 23-03-2017, 10:30 PM
Pathfinder

How to heal my phobia from flying in airplanes!? Help !!!!

Hello everyone!
Let me say i am pretty surprised that i reached a point in my life where i get panic attacks just thinking about flying in an airplane or my dear ones flying in an airplan,given that in the past my favorite part of the trip was the airplane itself.
This year i travelled alot back and forth and i still have at least 3 round trips to do this year. I dont know why last year when there were some turbulence in the plane i developed this fear and it has stuck with me ever since. Last time i travelled back home i almost had a heartnattack not joking. And the turbulence was not even THAT bad. However since iv read alot about airplanes falling and disappearing in the past three years every trip for me feels like it might be the last. I cannot stand the thought of being in the air anymore. They gave me a pill once to "calm my nerves" but im pretty sure it was a placebo effect. And the worst part is i start panicking and being anxious the minute i know i need to travel.
Please someone help me. I asked my angels to calm me down but that didnt seem to work

Someone please help me get over this fear because it is really causing me extreme anxiety.
Thank you
Old 05-04-2017, 04:11 AM
Guide
Read more about averted disasters like this one
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549
Even in an emergency the planet is 70% water that planes can land in.

The chances of your plane crashing are the same as winning the lottery. Do u have a panic attack everytime u buy a lottery ticket anticipating a win?

Driving a car or crossing the street is more dangerous. Perhaps its a fear of heights, past life, etc that u should look more into
Old 05-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Master
I know how it feels like because it happened to me as well. I used to fly so frequently but I started to deveolp anxiety and became afraid of flying. I think I watched too much aircrash investigations that I became paranoid and I started to fear turbulances as well. Maybe you can get medication for panic attacks and anxiety and take a sleeping pill when you fly.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Experiencer
Could this be connected to some other part of your life that needs looking in to, and newly developed fear of flying is just a way for your subconscious to raise an alarm? I know it is a bit out of the topic, but it is what I sensed. It was curious to me, that you develop this fear as of recently, where you actually enjoyed flying a lot before! Though like you mentioned, it is possible you helped develop this fear by focusing so much attention into all the negative possibilities. I think it is not uncommon for people to suddenly develop a fear of something that gave them pleasure before, even more so, if it is about something that involves any risk whatsoever. I also believe that you should pay attention to how you feel, because a change may be coming your way. If travelling and flying is part of your profession, perhaps a change in that area is coming, and you will be able to stop with that all together? I have seen some documentaries about people having a great fear of flying, and in the end, they still had to overcome it with going into an aeroplane and flying. Your situation seems to be a bit different, so perhaps maybe just focusing your attention away from aeroplanes would start the healing process?
Old 07-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilasmum44
Hello everyone!
Let me say i am pretty surprised that i reached a point in my life where i get panic attacks just thinking about flying in an airplane or my dear ones flying in an airplan,given that in the past my favorite part of the trip was the airplane itself.
This year i travelled alot back and forth and i still have at least 3 round trips to do this year. I dont know why last year when there were some turbulence in the plane i developed this fear and it has stuck with me ever since. Last time i travelled back home i almost had a heartnattack not joking. And the turbulence was not even THAT bad. However since iv read alot about airplanes falling and disappearing in the past three years every trip for me feels like it might be the last. I cannot stand the thought of being in the air anymore. They gave me a pill once to "calm my nerves" but im pretty sure it was a placebo effect. And the worst part is i start panicking and being anxious the minute i know i need to travel.
Please someone help me. I asked my angels to calm me down but that didnt seem to work

Someone please help me get over this fear because it is really causing me extreme anxiety.
Thank you

Fear of flying is actually opens up quite a few issues for me.

I look at it as really entering into my old core fear of death. It becomes like a symbolism of having to let go fully in a confined space, no where to run and hide, you cant leave and escape what is, the sensations and changes even slight ones have me believing something is wrong and we are in trouble and that the plane could crash. The fact that I am up so high this causes even more fear, because there is no where to go if trouble requires immediate attention on the ground. If it cant be fixed in the air, in my mind we are doomed. For me flying represents a complete letting go and sitting with all those things that are unknown, as well as being ok to die this way if such a thing happens.

I often say to people, if something goes wrong mid flight far far from home, you cant just pull up on a cloud and fix the problem.. So its a valid fear and I can sit and face it all and let go fully, or sit and panic the whole trip and hold on tight, all the while not letting my awareness, confirm that I know I cant control what happens anyway, only manage how I feel and do my best as best I can.

I have tried to relax and let go many times but little things like turbulence or looking at the distance away from land activates my fears. If I experience really bad turbulence it sets me back ten flights..lol. I wont fly for ten years after bad turbulence..

I know exactly what I am going through, know what it relates too, but it doesn't seem to change the whole process for me.

I have to physically move so much in me to get on the plane, I usually end up crying and clearing to get on the damn thing..lol then when on its like one step down, twenty steps to go..I dread having to get back on and come home..

I fear, I let go and I usually get there and back. I don't see it that I fear flying as much as I am not completely comfortable and would like to simply relax in my fear of death in this way..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder