Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Master

There's a difference knowing God, have him, and to follow rules and regulations by man, that are only fallible men, and who puts themselves on the place of God by insisting others follow every word they say, or you are doomed. Then you are already out on a gliding bane. Away from God. As no man can take his place. So it becomes dangerous to listen to anyone else than the word. Or God, yourself. Why should man dictate what God said in the first place?
Old 01-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Master

Besides, then why did Jesus say he is the way, and that no one comes to the father except through him
Old 02-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Worst of all is that I used to be like that myself years ago, doing the same out of fear that a strict, moody, and vengeful deity watches my every move waiting for any opportunity to throw me in hell should I ever come short of his expectations.
It is clear that you never really understood what God is like. We have all come short of his expectiations and we all deserve to be condemned to Hell. Rather than treating us as we deserve to be treated, he allows us to live and has sent his Son to die and then rise from the dead to atone for our sins. Anyone who repents and puts his faith in Christ will experience an eternity of fellowship with God that he doesn't deserve rather than eternal punishment in Hell which he does deserve. God loves us in spite of our sins, but whoever rejects Christ is rejecting God's love and so must experience God's justice.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
John 15:20-21---that on account of his name( Jesus) ( those think they are standing for it) will do things against the true followers--WHY? Because they do not know the one who sent him= Father( John 5:30) = YHWH(Jehovah)-- The one Jesus teaches is THE ONLY TRUE GOD( John 17:3) he as well teaches there one must know Father and know Jesus to get eternal life.
Do you know YHWH(Jehovah) --Jesus God and Father--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- Few do. I guess that is why Few will find entrance into Gods kingdom.

Not being someone who refers to the Bible I did in this case.
Plucked my King James version out of the bookshelf but cannot find these words you use. At least not in your sense.

So what Bible are you using?
Old 02-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
It is clear that you never really understood what God is like. We have all come short of his expectiations and we all deserve to be condemned to Hell. Rather than treating us as we deserve to be treated, he allows us to live and has sent his Son to die and then rise from the dead to atone for our sins. Anyone who repents and puts his faith in Christ will experience an eternity of fellowship with God that he doesn't deserve rather than eternal punishment in Hell which he does deserve. God loves us in spite of our sins, but whoever rejects Christ is rejecting God's love and so must experience God's justice.

Yea... That's exactly the issue I have with the Christian God. He demands us to read his bible and understand him while he doesn't even want or try to understand us. He should've known from the beginning before he created mankind that we are a difficult species, especially if according to the bible most of humanity are going to hell. Yet nonetheless he's just okay with that apparently, that proves how much he loves us, doesn't it? In the whole old testament God has ALWAYS been an angry, murderous, vengeful and bloodthirsty wargod. He even bullies people without need such as hardening the heart of the Pharaoh just so he has an excuse to pour down his 9 plagues over Egypt. Or having a man killed for simply chopping some wood on the sabbath day (like wow... that really sounds like a crime punishable with death isn't it?) And then all of a sudden in the new testament he has a change of heart and shows his softer side. Does God even understand how difficult it is for people to accept him or his love after everything we've read about him in te old testament? God's personality and behavior in the old testament is strikingly familiar to North Korea's Kim Jong Un, and funny enough he too claims to love his country and people while clearly he does not. So tell me, how is God any different from a tyrant?
Old 02-03-2018, 07:21 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Not being someone who refers to the Bible I did in this case.
Plucked my King James version out of the bookshelf but cannot find these words you use. At least not in your sense.

So what Bible are you using?

Its in english. Kjv are filled with error.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:22 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
Besides, then why did Jesus say he is the way, and that no one comes to the father except through him

Exactly one MUST get to the Father--to accomplish this daily( John 4:22-24) or they will lose. No trinitarian on earth does this--they cant get past Jesus because their teachers are blind guides.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:25 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
who do you identify as the blind guides kjw?
there's simply a ton of preachers of all kinds yacking away these days
in my opinion the worst is the ones that call the holy spirit a fire and you have people rolling around and under spiritual influence that's not of God. that to me takes the crown of blind guidedness!
I've seen that stuff first hand.
Some really messed up things in that crowd which encompasses many popular preaching movements.
I do go as far as liking Hillsong and similar but it's a fine line, Kari Jobe for example is outstanding but was part of the Toronto blessing falsehood, and now views it as just 'excessive' not for what it really was. So the line is fine IMO, you can have good solid worship music and terrible preaching

99% of all religion claiming to be christian---arent.1Cor 1:10)-- there is no division with God and his son in the religion that began. There was only one religion in the ot that had God, same now. Not the same religion, but only one has God and his son.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:26 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Seriously, that entire ''believe in God or you're going to hell for eternity'' policy makes zero sense and is totally flawed. I see little to no difference between this God that sends people to hell and dictator Kim Jong Un who sends people to concentration camps for merely criticising him.

Hell = Hades--Hades translates--The grave.
Deut 30:19--the truth of what God set before all= LIFE or DEATH--both will be eternal.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Master

Kjw, jesus said he, jesus, is the way to the father.

To understand father we have to remember the thing called sin. To be so steep in evil that it was necessary to get rid of it. In most cases, people were warned for years. There were wars as its always been as well.
We also have to think about they were men who interpret.
I'm not a theologist so I don't have the answers to everything but I know God has a good reason.
Pharaoh refused to change. They behaved very evil, remember.