Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Master
Then carry on... as you are.
Old 21-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
Thank you so much for bringing the etymology to the conversation.

In the context of the original word, was a living being only soul when breathing? Brings comas and stuff to a new light.

Somehow, vaguely, I want to reference Lazarus... you know, the guy whom Jesus raised to life.

From what is presented by the Church fathers, I would think so.

That was the power Jesus incorporated through the Holy Spirit. What he did was breath the soul back into Lazarus.
Old 21-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Well, this probably doesn't really help, but I thought I would throw it out there...

I've recently started considering the Holy Trinity as an "image of God" that we, humans (at least) resemble. In other words, we each have a tri-system which is us individually. By ways of understanding, we might think of this tri-system as body, mind, and soul. God Himself, also having these qualities. What we call God is mind. Who we call Jesus, the body, and what we know as the soul, the Holy Spirit. Therefore, our tri-system is that "image of God."

Perhaps it is just like this?

The soul is the spiritual vapor that shrouds the mind, and body. It is the place from where the heart shines and is the place Gods Divine spirit arised and fills our being.

If your soul departs, your body dies.
Old 21-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Experiencer

Hi Folks..

Nowayout;
Quote:
The thing is, I believe in the spiritual world and God, although a huge mystery to me as most of us.

Ah mate - I don't know how old you are - late 20s early 30s for me - you so much remind me of my Self back then - an obvious zest and a deep yearning to understand - so I will tell you frankly my friend - come to know Christ truth and indeed, that mystery begins to be revealed - HE PROMISES it - I will just vouch from direct experiences that what He taught, bares real results here in the every day world ...Indeed, that spiritual world we seek, and this mortal world we now inhabit, will become ONE EXPERIENCE, without separation, the more we explore this truth within.....

Heres a huge clue Folks - if you want His truth - first He said put aside all those religious preconceptions - errors lies and purposeful misdirection He warned, that is all religion has to offer

Quote:
The gospels of Thomas, that's the gnostic bible, and you know, I like it.

Yes, an excellant place to start.. Actually, I did a long thread explaining each saying it depth - kind of like baby steps for those who don't know, or have been misled about the gnostic truth... Such as a "gnostic bible"..?...Hmm - no such thing actually exists - as indeed, there is no such things as gnosticISM - there is no religion about it - no institution - no structure heirachy or priests - indeed NO MIDDLE MAN NEEDED was Christs truth - just You the Mind reading this post, seeking inwards to uncover a "gateway" that would free the spirit to explore this spiritual existence - to awaken a new Presence within - the Holy Ghost - as said, to become one with it, to have it constantly present, its guidance always at hand and thus through this Self discovery process we approach and eventually become One with the Christ..

EmeraldHeart;
Quote:
I have leant into the Gnostics little myself... it was speaking to me on a level which nothing else really was.

In saying that though I do often think that none of it really matters beyound loving and compassionate kindness- from the heart... for a while anyway

I firmly believe the Soul knows on a deep instinctive level, when it hears truth - especially this deep spiritual truths we all seek here....Sometimes a truth is heard and it provokes the ego to defend its position - they rile up against it - persecute the one who gave them hat truth - happens a lot here on this forum lol - Christ warned what to expect.... Like the sower He said, some seed will fall on stony ground, be wasted - ah well - keep trying is all He asks.. Because sometimes - that truth falls on one who is open, receptive - it fits most comfortably with them, natural, these are the ones He chooses, calls to directly - those with ears to hear, as He terms it....

The thing is Folks - gnostic truh, Gnosis - is essentially the ONLY LEGITIMATE TRUTH - because simply, it is the actual truth you derive by your LIVING EXPERIENCE.. We can read all this scripture - debate it, ponder it, pull our hair out over it all night long - its all pointless in the end - the only truth that will satisfy, is the truth you know when you BECOME the spirit you seek, directly experience the state of Being that Christ is teaching about in all that scripture - a real world situation that is indeed available to each and everyone of us right here and right now....

Gnosis, really is the ESSENTIAL truth and the only truth that matters... Instead of learning about "spirit", consider if we were instead, learning to drive... I mean - we can learn lots and lots about driving yes..?...can read books, watch videos, talk to people and all that ACADEMIC knowledge can be assimilated quite easily....But see now, its all SECOND HAND isn't it - its SOMEONE ELSES TRUTH - its not YOUR truth applied to YOUR existence - not yet... To make it your own truth, then you need to get in the car and ACUALLY drive - apply what you learned as "truth" to the real world situation, and thus learn from the EXPERIENCE just what "driving" is really all about...

THAT is GNOSIS - the living truth of the direct experience...Here then, spiritual terms, to understand what Christ is teaching we must do as He bids, and ACTUALLY do it for our Self...Only then - do we awaken this Presence within - Holy Ghost - only then do we begin to merge and assimilate it into THIS Mind that is reading this post, make it become inseperable, ever Present moment to living moment... You cannot get that truth from any man words in a book or religious dogma - impossible - at best they may point you toward it, a guide but that is all - at worst, such external sources can lead you totally off track - and Christ did actually warn the religion was purposefully doing exactly that - taken the keys to wisdom He said and misled you with intent..

If we want HIS truth - to experience directly the things He is speaking about - prepare our Self now for the time when we must face it anyway at death He said - then indeed we must do all that He advised.... The very first worldly thing to decide, first step on this narrow path, is to put away the religious dogma, to begin to ignore all those external truths from the world, and to commit the Self to seeking within FIRST to uncover this living Presence you already contain, but (most) are as yet not familiar with....Bring forth what is within you He said, and you may save your Self, to follow the Christ is to BECOME the Christ..

Quote:
"Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."

For those with ears to hear..
Old 21-01-2018, 10:36 PM
Experiencer

Nowayout, your attached diagram of the personhood might need some extra explaining. It is the first of its kind that I've seen. I feel like it has some resonance with me, but not brought yet to knowing that truth. Can you explain the diagram?

Ab Origine,
Where did you pull that quote from?
Quote:
"Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."
It sounds like a skewed anomaly from what Jesus says in John 15 about the vine and branches. By no means am I saying it is invalid; I've just never heard it put that way.
Old 21-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Experiencer
I don't think Jesus had a soul, what would he need a soul for? Souls are for storing information in the person's psyche, allowing information to be transferred from one incarnation to the next. Jesus Christ was a "one and done" kind of deal, so I wouldn't think he would need a soul.

Last edited by Ahriman : 22-01-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 21-01-2018, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Origine
Hi Folks..

Nowayout;

Ah mate - I don't know how old you are - late 20s early 30s for me - you so much remind me of my Self back then - an obvious zest and a deep yearning to understand - so I will tell you frankly my friend - come to know Christ truth and indeed, that mystery begins to be revealed - HE PROMISES it - I will just vouch from direct experiences that what He taught, bares real results here in the every day world ...Indeed, that spiritual world we seek, and this mortal world we now inhabit, will become ONE EXPERIENCE, without separation, the more we explore this truth within.....

Try 60 and moving on. I was a Novice Roman Catholic cloistered Christian Monk, left and became Orthodox, and studied Buddhist views. A social worker, carpenter, married, divorced, and I have a son.

God bless

You have some interesting views, thanks for sharing... I find Gnosticism interesting, other than that, I'm still open to all the possibilities.
Old 21-01-2018, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Nowayout, your attached diagram of the personhood might need some extra explaining. It is the first of its kind that I've seen. I feel like it has some resonance with me, but not brought yet to knowing that truth. Can you explain the diagram?

If you go to the link I posted I got that there, it's an Orthodox Christian take on the soul.

Personally, it resonates with me too, not everyone will feel the same way. That's expected, at least it comes from a well studied Christian source.

http://orthodoxwayoflife.blogspot.ca...and-heart.html

You will need to cut and past to get the link working...won't work from here.
Old 21-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Experiencer

Hi Folks..

Emerald heart;
Quote:
LOL... I fixed my mind - and the lawn mower with the help of youtube

That's funny as hell - but the irony is - youre not actually joking are you..??.. lol....

Nowayout; Hmm - forget those "church fathers" mate were I you - that bible god is not the Father that Christ alone revealed - two entirely separate truths - when the jews realised His truth, plus saw He was legitimate by those MIRACLES that He alone could attain and that no priest of Yhvh had any such power - so they saw Him as direct threat to their own power, status and authority - and when He told people of this new unknown and supreme Divine Spirit, Our Father - and when He told people their god Yhvh was tricking, deceiving them all, not a god supreme He said, merely an Angel that covets authority it has no Divine right to claim He said - they become directly threatened, and so they MURDERED Him to silence it - they are enemies mate, always were.. Read the ORIGINAL scripture - such as Judas - and you will see a PROPHECY about that famous catholic church, and all the evil nefarious things it wil do "in the name of Christ" - He is disgusted - openly scathing and condemning of that god and it religion - DAMN those Pharisees He said, repeatedly - the only time He is ever angry, it is directed at RELIGION and Yhvh, said openly that He needed to destroy that whole system first, to allow His truth to become known..

Yet they have raped His truth and made it their own - twisted it to suit, and presented it to you all as the ONLY PERMITTED TRUTH under direct pain of torture and death.. Im sure you must relaise, but the bible NEW testament - narrative of "jesus2 is wholly fraudlualnt in its claims - it is NOT the disciples writing their, nor is it anybody who lived at the time of Christ or met Him or knoew Him directly....The new CANON gosples are FRAUDS - and yet it si they that give us "jesus truth" - they are based on HUNDREDS of PRE EXISTANT MANUSCRIPTS and were like literally, "cut n paste" to present a new twisted truth to suit a new POLITICAL endeavour, as the Roman emporer Constantine sought to end a 300 year Christian civil war !!! Literally he INVENTED a brand new CATHOLIC religion - MADE everyone comply using military might - MANUFACTURED the new gospels and ENFORCED them n the world as the ONLY permitted truth.. Rome, under the pretext and dictates of various popes and crusades and inquisitions, basically eradicated all spiritual truth from the middle east and Europe, and REPLACED it with "bible canon new testament" and then made sure thrugh torture and public execution, that this new manufactured bogus truth, became the ONLY accepted truth....Now - like 1500 years we have had this lie forced upon us, and so we mstly accept it blindly - but rest assured Folks - that new testament is an exercise in mass deception - manufactured with stated intent to quell a Christian war and that was its only purpose, spiritual truth did not matter to Rome, they made it up as they went along, and openly admit it all, easily verified by some proper none biased historical research...

This is EXACTLY what Christ WARNED would be done IN HIS NAME... That religion that bars His name has no clue about HIS truth - and those that do understand are misleading the rest ON PURPOSE - they tell you to fear a "satan" evil character out to deceive - but Christ told them to their faces that their god Yhvh WAS that one doing the deceiving - FATHER OF LIES - murderer that IS what He called the Jewish god Yhvh - for those with ears to hear - this is WHY they murdered Him !!!

Honestly Folks the Jewish heritage and god is NOT the truth of Our Father that Christ alone revealed....A "grapevine planted apart from my Father" He said that "must be pulled up by the root to perish".. Come with a sword He said, fire and war - His truth will set brother against brother and father against son - destroy their house so that none may ever rebuild it is what HE ACTUALLY taught.. You must HATE YOUR PARENTS who taught you false truth - DAMN THOSE PHARISEE religious leaders who GAVE that truth to them and you - they DECEIVED you all HE warned and have done so ON PURPOSE !!

As I say - for any who want Christ truth - ALL those preconceptions have to be put aside completely led you totally off track He said - NOT my Father... This is why He is so critical, damning and openly hostile and confrontational to the priest hood - He showed them truth but they rejected it and chose instead to mislead the people still - so He set abut destroying their foundation with the truth He spoke and the proof of miracles that He alone could achieve...The priests panicked for their own statin and authority,
- MURDERED Him to stop His direct threat (so they assumed), the rest Im afraid is a bitter twisted History...

On a more Lighter note - lol - that diagram you present..?.. Id say that is pretty accurate, in a general sense - we are essentially a cloud of Conscious energy - an etheric energetic form - an "aura" as many experience it and see it directly.. If for instance, they showed also the subtle energetic system - then that would be much more accurate - up the centre, that figure should have seven "buttons" like a coat (Josephs coat of many colours that bought power of Divination, connected him TO the Divine) - CHAKRAS - energetic nodes or transfer points, the Human for contains, and that connect us always to, and facilitate the exchange and transformation of, spiritual and mundane world energies...

We have seven major chakras, (plus 200+ lesser that branch out and spread ot encompass the entire auric field - this is the tree of life Folks) which when these Primal 7 chakras are operating efficiently, cause this inner energy - inner Presence - to reveal its Holy self - KUNDALINI, IS, make no mistake, the EXACT same phenomena as this religions "Holy Ghost" - when Christ says find this Presence within, awaken it, allow it, He is speaking DIRECTLY of Kundalini...

Do you notice Folks - the book of Johns REVELATION - given to him BY Christ IN SPIRIT - in which we find a repeated emphasis on SEVEN - it is all allegory for this inner tree of life chakral system - how to find it, engage it activate it, use it to escape the body and rejoin the greater truth you are always a part of, in a Conscious and fully Sentient manner.. Notice especially the BOOK OF LIFE - which only CHRIST an open - and which has SEVEN SEALS along its SPINE..... This book of life is the human body you now wear, HERE in life you "write your story" in this book - the spirit is SEALED within, by seven LOC|KS that must be undone, loosed - this process calls down the Divine - the Holy Ghost awakens - Kundlaini the Feminine Divine within, raises up to meet it - you BECOME IT by placing the Minds awareness on the energy and allowing it to guide always... As each chakra becomes efficient, so we transcend the mortal realm and begin the ascent to Christ - at the same time - the Divine is coming down to meet us - sending guides and signs to point the way just as He promises - this is the MYSTERY SCHOOL - foundation of all true spiritual truth - not given by man - but delivered always Mind TO mind - Spirit TO spirit - as above so below - always.... Christ truth is not a religious truth given by man from a pulpit - He demands no sacrifice or payment - His is the living truth, revealed of the Self BY the Self, the treasure that never fails is the awakening of the Divine Presence within..
Old 21-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Master
Well, I simply don't have the time right now to do a deep comparative study of Gnosticism vs say Orthodox views, but it kills me how you can flood the pages with paragraphs of info in the matter of 2 min?

LOL... keep the faith.