Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Administrator
Hello

While there is no proof on even if we do have a Soul....what can possible happen in a NDE event is a Soul Exchange where the one Soul does leave the body and a new one is sent in. There are many cases where one comes back from being "dead" and has a totally new personality or rememberence of life experiences. Now that can be from changes in the brain but I do wonder.

Having had a NDE event....I know that there was a shift in me, though I do not feel that a new Soul came in I do know that a message was given to me in that place on coming back and what MUST happen for me to stay back.

I too know some that have had a Soul change and how that effects them. We have much to understand.

When the idea of a zombie comes to mind...."The Walking Dead" show flashed and OMG the sillyness starts.

Though if we are too look at some that are living in a body that does not work in the normal ways, where there is a fully functioning brain that can not give forth the information it has there in communications is that not in a way like being a zombie. I do wonder at times. Its easy to say HOW SAD when we see someone that is disabled and wonder what they are thinking....as they do think.....almost feels trapped in that zombie state.

Lynn
Old 24-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Celeste

Lynn, I thought what you are describing is a Walk-in's experience??? Where a person's work is done, but, rather than dying, he/she makes arrangements with another soul to exchange positions.
Old 24-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
Lynn, I thought what you are describing is a Walk-in's experience??? Where a person's work is done, but, rather than dying, he/she makes arrangements with another soul to exchange positions.

Hello

No not really like a walk in where the work is done. More that the body had reached that place of the place where death is honsetly registerdd as real. Where the Soul feels that death maybe of the body and leaves. For the body to come back again to life but as I feel can not go on without a Soul a new one is sent forth. I do not know that a Soul that had left in the thought death would be the best to maybe come back in. Would know of that expereince .

Lynn
Old 24-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
For sure, NDE's are something different than ordinary deaths, since by definition they come back to life.

I don't know about objectively measuring the severing of the silver cord. However, thousands of these NDE'rs were "dead" by conventional medical evidence - lack of pulse, respiration, flat EKG's, etc. - and often remained in such condition for 15 - 60 minutes, and in some instances for several hours, before coming back to life. Sometimes in the morgue!

Jim
I understand what you are saying Jim, and the thought of waking up in a morgue is frightening. I know we understand little and have much to learn but I just don't buy into believing these people were actually dead, despite the medical profession claiming this was the case. Wouldn't you say this type of experience goes against the natural law of cause and effect?

A good few years back I read about someone who could at will lower their pulse rate and slow down their breathing so it appeared as if they were indeed dead, yet they had placed themselves in some form of meditative state. Perhaps this may be similar to what happens to those you have mentioned in your post?
Old 25-12-2011, 12:45 AM
glenos

Not for long. One way is a brick wall, the other isn't.

G
Old 25-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Celeste

Skye, that's why I want to be cremated. Am afraid of being buried alive.

Lynn, that sort of sounds like a suicide, where you think that if you kill the body, you kill the soul. Not true! I look at it like, if you kill yourself your body falls off like your clothes.
Old 25-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
I understand what you are saying Jim, and the thought of waking up in a morgue is frightening. I know we understand little and have much to learn but I just don't buy into believing these people were actually dead, despite the medical profession claiming this was the case. Wouldn't you say this type of experience goes against the natural law of cause and effect?

A good few years back I read about someone who could at will lower their pulse rate and slow down their breathing so it appeared as if they were indeed dead, yet they had placed themselves in some form of meditative state. Perhaps this may be similar to what happens to those you have mentioned in your post?

Yes, I have heard of yogis being able to do that. But this has no applicability to NDE's. People have NDE's as a result of auto accidents, gun shot wounds, falls, drowning, hospital mishaps, etc. They are just ordinary people who "die" but then come back.

A common element is that they speak to entities on the other side and either express a wish to, or are ordered to, return to their physical bodies.

Hence it seems to be a case of the returning soul reanimating the dead body.

Interestingly, they frequently should be suffering from serious brain damage upon rescuscitation, but almost never do, and they frequently exhibit unexplained rapid healing from the ailment that "killed" them in the first place.

Jim
Old 25-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
Skye, that's why I want to be cremated. Am afraid of being buried alive.

No fear of that with modern mortuary practices, Celeste. I understand they first drain all the blood from your body: then fill you with formaldehyde.

There's no chance of surviving the first step. Or the second.

Jim
Old 25-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Yes, I have heard of yogis being able to do that. But this has no applicability to NDE's. People have NDE's as a result of auto accidents, gun shot wounds, falls, drowning, hospital mishaps, etc. They are just ordinary people who "die" but then come back.

A common element is that they speak to entities on the other side and either express a wish to, or are ordered to, return to their physical bodies.

Hence it seems to be a case of the returning soul reanimating the dead body.

Interestingly, they frequently should be suffering from serious brain damage upon rescuscitation, but almost never do, and they frequently exhibit unexplained rapid healing from the ailment that "killed" them in the first place.

Jim

But if they were dead in the first place, don't you think Rigor Mortis would have automatically started to form as is usual when people and animals die?
I wonder how many came back affected with this? There's never been any mention of it as far as i'm aware of Jim.
Old 25-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Experiencer

Not sure about rigor mortis, Skye, but that's an interesting observation. I'm not sure how soon rigor mortis sets in. I've also heard that it's a temporary condition: that the body stiffens, but then loosens again.

In any case, medical science says that we're dead when we have no pulse, blood pressure, respiration, or brain wave activity. and many NDE'rs have registered "no" to all of the above, before rescuscitating.

"Hours later" would be unusual. Most NDE's are "gone" for 5-15 minutes.

But the amazing thing is not that they were gone and came back, but the similar stories they tell of what happened: leaving their bodies, observing same, traveling around their environs, entering a dark tunnel, seeing a being of light, meeting and conversing with deceased loved ones, undergoing a life review, asking or being ordered to return to their body, and sudden re-entry and resuscitation.

Jim