Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 27-08-2012, 04:15 AM
stoic

those are awesome ideas! when i went to visit my dad, his well broke. so we had to walk across the field to my aunt's house to shower and use the bathroom. we had to haul water from my dad's pond if we wanted to use his toilet and be able to flush.
it wasnt that bad though. kinda put me in touch with my little house on the prairie side, and made me really grateful for water.
Old 27-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Ascender
When we bought our first house in France ( for restoration), it had no bath or shower. So in the early days we put a transparent water butt up quite high, on top of a pile of building blocks, and connected a shower hose. In summer we had the most wonderful warm showers!

We quite miss those "pioneering" days!
Old 27-08-2012, 04:06 PM
amy green

Podshell - you say that you are collecting toilet water. Here, in UK, the bathroom water often comes from a different source (i.e. less pure) than the drinking tap water. Have you looked into this?

I don't know where you live and whether you would be able to drill right down to have your own waterwell, provided from the underground water below. Is this a possibility?
Old 28-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Rin

Many of the things mentioned seem to be an awful [edit: lot of trouble], and probably also expensive, way to avoid the convenience of safe, potable running water from a tap.

Last edited by Rin : 28-08-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 28-08-2012, 08:49 AM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Many of the things mentioned seem to be an awful [edit: lot of trouble], and probably also expensive, way to avoid the convenience of safe, potable running water from a tap.
Yes I agree. If you add up the cost of all that bought water....is it really worth it? I understand the principle involved here - it doesn't seem right that you have to pay in advance. However, it seems like you will be causing unnecessary hardship on yourself. How do you deal with washing clothes?

Old 28-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
I understand the principle involved here - it doesn't seem right that you have to pay in advance
Pre-paid electricity, cell phone air-time, rent, car license, in some countries radio and TV licenses, insurances, transport tickets, etc. There are many things for which we prepay without any complaints. Why should water be excluded from this?
Old 28-08-2012, 11:23 AM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Pre-paid electricity, cell phone air-time, rent, car license, in some countries radio and TV licenses, insurances, transport tickets, etc. There are many things for which we prepay without any complaints. Why should water be excluded from this?
Rin - if you have read podshell's OP, then you will know that he is being asked to pay for a year in advance....this is not normal. His valid complaint is also that why wasn't he allocated a water meter when his neighbour was. I understand his resentment but feel he is now just making unnecessary hardship for himself by refusing to comply.

Old 29-08-2012, 04:19 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Rin - if you have read podshell's OP, then you will know that he is being asked to pay for a year in advance....this is not normal. His valid complaint is also that why wasn't he allocated a water meter when his neighbour was. I understand his resentment but feel he is now just making unnecessary hardship for himself by refusing to comply.

I don't think we got the full story from the OP.
Quote:
and recently after falling out with the water comp, I have requested they stop supplying my address (after being there for three years and being up to date
Why would one fall out with the supply company if one is up-to-date? What is the real dispute? A request for a meter would point to a consumption issue. If that is the case one could probably ask a certified plumber to install meter or a trickle feed device on the property.
Old 29-08-2012, 09:44 AM
amy green

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
I don't think we got the full story from the OP.

Why would one fall out with the supply company if one is up-to-date? What is the real dispute? A request for a meter would point to a consumption issue. If that is the case one could probably ask a certified plumber to install meter or a trickle feed device on the property.
Yes Rin - this is a good point and I did wonder about this too.