Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Cherub T

Unhappy pets afterlife

I'm hurting so much writing this, my bunny is on his road out. I feel the angels near and i am really scared. My puppy is sensing something going on. I just feel so alone here tonight with no one to take the pain away from my heart. I've cried all day long and I've never seen my eyelids bulge like they are.

What happens to our animals and how can i help him? He will be leaving his friend of 8 years behind and i feel so sad. x
Old 04-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Master
Firstly I understand how you feel. In the past four months my husband and I had to put down our old cat, a middle aged cat, and our four month old kitten.
They go to heaven. Every cat that has been put down has come to me in dreams and everytime they are in a field and they look healthy and happy and young. They go to heaven they wait for you.
Google "the rainbow bridge" and read it it sounds like you need to
HUGS
Spiritlite.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Cherub T

Thank you, I had a read. It does help, I just can't stop crying. My face is nipping with the tears. I sense the end is near and I really don't want him to suffer. I really don't think I can take him back to the vets alone. If it comes to it I will have to. I just feel all alone. My husband won't be home for two weeks. I know he must feel helpless too. He understands what my animals mean to me. It's bringing up so much pain. I'm scared! X
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Cherub T

I've dreamt about my two bunnies recently, the last dream snoopy was on a bean bag that I had forgotten all about. My room looked like it did when I was a kid. Snoopy was I'll and floppy. Just like I saw him today. It's so hard cause some people don't understand about losing animals. I think it's sometimes worse. It's the connection made and certain people can have a strong connection to their animal as human partners do. I don't want him to suffer. X
Old 04-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Knower
Just spend as much time as you can with your beloved little friends. Animals are more accepting of death then people are. His friend will greif just like you when he passes. You might want to read the book Pet loss is Heavens gain. I also found Animals and the Afterlife by Kim Sheridan to be good and a comfort when I lost my dog. That one goes from a more spiritually viewpoint where as Pet loss is Heaven gain is by a Christian who has other books on pet loss she has written.

I dont know if your Bunny is ill or you just feel his time is nearing an end. Kim says that sometimes it can help to tell your pet that its ok for them to leave if thats what they want to do. Thats very true often people are more devastated by the loss of an animal companion then a person. That may be because around our animal friends people often feel they can be 100% themselves. Around people folks tend to put on masks.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Cherub T

Yeah I agree about the masks, my bunny is indeed elderly, but the vet said he felt a lump today that may be a tumour, he is also not as strong physically anymore, but isn't grinding his teeth like sick buns do. He has lost a lot of weight also in the past months.

I'm extremely sensitive about feelings and I sense angels and my father near. I'm still really scared though. My only comfort is something my gran used to say " god only gives you things you can cope with".

I just feel like I could've done more, my mums said I've done all I could to give him the best life, but I always think there is more I could've done. That's me though. I can't sleep and hear every noise. Tapping of the rain, etc.

Xx
Old 04-11-2010, 01:51 AM
Cherub T

Forgot to say thank you for the book refs. X I also told snoopy this afternoon to go if it's best. This is something I also said to my dad and gran quite calmly, but with snoopy I was a wreck. X
Old 04-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Master
Cherub stay with him as much as you can and say your goodbyes. One of our cats was in and out the night before we put her down, no vet was open in our area, she wasn't in pain but she was on her way out so the whole night the both of us just cuddled her and talked to her and said our goodbyes and told her she was going to such a happy place and out of suffering etc.
I know it's tough as hell and I'm so so so sorry.
SPiritlite.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Guide
Nothing good is ever truly lost. I don't believe the afterlife for animals is the same as it is for people but they do go somewhere good.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:56 AM
Cherub T

I've just woken up. I'm scared to go through the living room to check. My mind is racing with where I'm going to put his body. I have a feeling he's gone. The angels said to me in sleep that they needed for me to be resting. That when I feel I can let go, then snoopy shall leave. I think dads been in my dream too. My heart is aching so much x