Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 26-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalini
Greetings, but DID the Christ say he was the Messiah/Lord?

The exchange between (I believe) Pilot and The Christ when he was being questioned.... They asked him, "are you the messiah?"

He responded.... "You say I am" Four simple words yes? But now look at them as I add emphasis:
"YOU say I am" (others may or may not)
"you SAY I am" (you say it but you do not Know it...your heart is veiled)
"you say I AM" (which is the same as the messiah...God said "I am that I am" yes?).
"you say I am" (why do you not accuse others? emphasis on the "I")

How you understand his reply varies with this understanding :) And the same would apply to Satan.

Blessings, jalini

If one accepts as gospel (pardon the pun) Christian scripture - which is not part of my sacred literature - then Jesus does indeed proclaim himself to be the messiah in John 4:25-26 when speaking to a Samaritan woman.

I was a little confused by your question "...DID the Christ say he was the Messiah/Lord?" I was not sure if you were equating the term messiah with the word lord. The Hebrew word משיח, mashiach, which becomes messiah when anglicized, simply means one who is anointed. Similarly, the Greek word Χριστός Christos, which becomes Christ when anglicized, simply means one who is anointed.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 01-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Master
Christ His The Son Of God...

Lucifer Was Ousted By God To His Self Created Hell...

He Took A Third Of God's Angels To The Hellish Realm...

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 21-03-2012, 03:06 PM
sbjazzman

On 5:18 here is one commentary that helps reframe this a little:

:Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

18. God was his Father-literally, "His own [or peculiar] Father," (as in Ro 8:32). The addition is their own, but a very proper one.

making himself equal with God-rightly gathering this to be His meaning, not from the mere words "My Father," but from His claim of right to act as His Father did in the like high sphere, and by the same law of ceaseless activity in that sphere. And as, instead of instantly disclaiming any such meaning-as He must have done if it was false-He positively sets His seal to it in the following verses, merely explaining how consistent such claim was with the prerogatives of His Father, it is beyond all doubt that we have here an assumption of peculiar personal Sonship, or participation in the Father's essential nature"

I also have more to say on this subject using another gospel as reference if you go to oracle of the phoenix dotcom click on forum and The Aquarian Gospel.