Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-01-2013, 03:33 AM
Knower
Need help seeing the Positive side of AP.

I think i've been watching too many movies like insidious and reading too many ghost stories! What's holding me back from astral projection is fear and that's probably from not reading anything positive about the astral realm or experiences. I'm somehow instinctively drawn to the horror side of things, i've read how entities shift about towards you in a disturbing manner. This interests me very much but i know deep down i still get fearful and in the end everyone says it's scary to leave your body because of noises and such but there's not over way to get over this except to do it. Unfortunately that's easier said than done as fear easily stops the whole process! So you can't just "brave through it", you have to just calm down as much as possible.

I figured if i hear loads of stories about positive experiences i won't be so scared. One of the major things i read is that your imagination is key here. Also if you imagine something it can become tangible, so i was kinda freaking out that if i went and had my preconceptions of what will be there (evil) there will be. As from the movie insidious it has a demon which can help make my vivid imagination race.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Master

You can fill your mind with wonderful adventures. Think how exciting it can be when you are out of your body. You can see places, visit people, fly high and look down at the city or beach. You can feel the wind. It is wonderful. It feels like you are physically flying. It is fantastic. Sometimes my experiences are a bit dull. It depends where I go. Read ap books that tells you about their adventures of their good stores.
If you hear noises when you ap, think I do not care about it. It is just a distraction. It cannot hurt you. I never hear things like that when I am out of my body. I rarely hear or see scary things before I ap. I used to a long time ago. It never worried me, not once. If I do hear or see something I do not care about it. I am on my way to an exciting adventure.
Try and forget about the movie insidious. I have not watched it so I cannot say for certain. I think they exaggerate things and make it scary to get a good rating and to get people watching it. Like most movies, t is only a movie, not real.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique
I think i've been watching too many movies like insidious and reading too many ghost stories! What's holding me back from astral projection is fear and that's probably from not reading anything positive about the astral realm or experiences. I'm somehow instinctively drawn to the horror side of things, i've read how entities shift about towards you in a disturbing manner. This interests me very much but i know deep down i still get fearful and in the end everyone says it's scary to leave your body because of noises and such but there's not over way to get over this except to do it. Unfortunately that's easier said than done as fear easily stops the whole process! So you can't just "brave through it", you have to just calm down as much as possible.

I figured if i hear loads of stories about positive experiences i won't be so scared. One of the major things i read is that your imagination is key here. Also if you imagine something it can become tangible, so i was kinda freaking out that if i went and had my preconceptions of what will be there (evil) there will be. As from the movie insidious it has a demon which can help make my vivid imagination race.

Hey Romantique -- I, too, have been a bit concerned of encountering weird entities in the astral world... But, I have only been successful at Astral projecting twice. I am super new at this.. Both times I did not leave my house. Flying out of my bedroom and into the living room was so easy; you move so fast with just the slightest effort. And it was fun, but it freaked me out and how effort-less it was that I fell back in my body-- I really want to get better at astral projecting and learning to control scary things / sounds / etc. as I encounter them... It seems the only two times I astral projected, were at times I wasn't even trying to AP. And all the times I tried to AP, I wasn't successful.

Anyway, I just bought a AP book for beginners yesterday.. We'll see what happens.. :)
Old 07-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Remnantique,
Here's a list of some of my positive experiences while out of body. Some of these things didn't happen recently -some did.
*The pain in my hand, and paralysis in my thumb and forefinger did not exist while out of body, and it was wonderful to be able to move my hand properly.
*The feeling of lightness and freedom from the relative heaviness of the physical body was just great. I felt like a little kid again.
*I encountered a most beautiful Faerie-like Being, benign, and curious about me, and seemed most interested to meet/see a human Being close up like that.
*I saw the marvellous processes of growth and gestation inside of an old wrinkled potato.
*I encountered my deceased dog. I love her very much, and she showed me beyond doubt that there is no death, and death is nothing to fear.
*I saw beautiful coloured lights raying out from my hand.
*I saw a flock of white birds rise from a clear blue lake under a beautiful sky.
*I realized in a definite, living way, that so many are under a great illusion here, thinking there is only this physical-plane dimension. That we are all multi-dimensional Beings, and that realization has changed my life.

That's just some of them (don't want to get boring)

It's possible for something scary to happen even on the physical plane! I have had far more scares in my everyday life than I've ever had on the astral! I would rather meet with an ugly-faced "entity" on the astral (not that I've seen may of those!) -than have to do 2 years back-taxes for self employment with the possibility of being fined thousands for dong it wrong! LOL! Or turning a corner while driving, to see someone heading towards me at 50mph on the wrong side of the road!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Master

Tobi is correct. This morning I made myself a cup of tea. I wanted to relax before I go to work and I found a dangerous spider on the kitchen floor. I had to kill it. I hate killing things but I had to get rid of it. It was scary but I had to do it.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:12 AM
Knower
This makes me feel alot better, thanks alot = )
Old 08-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator
There's bound to be some apprehension connected to astral projection. After all we are stepping into another dimension! But we have to have a pioneering spirit about it. There are wonderful things to be discovered. But as in any journey of discovery there are bound to be some things that are challenging now and again.
Keeping a good level of awareness, keeping steady and our intention focused on the things we hold most dear, and keeping our "vibrations" as high as possible through discipline and meditation, will all help. Not giving in to "dark moods" or negativity, and instead focusing on brightness and truth of our own spiritual intentions will raise vibrations, and help to attune to more positive levels.

For instance, I have found that what I watch on television, and videos, etc, and books I read have changed. I used to watch horror films.... I could watch anything! autopsies, open heart surgery, blood-and-guts and all the rest....not any more. I never had bad dreams or anything from all this gunk I used to watch, but when we are going astral it's best if we try to raise ourselves out of "dark" or heavy stuff first. We are highly sensitive in that state.
The subconscious mind needs to line itself up with the conscious will and intent. Astral projection is really influenced by whatever is in the subconscious. Those levels within us will define what we are more likely to encounter, and what we are more likely to attract.

I am not saying it will be impossible to experience something which might challenge us on occasion, but that we stand a better chance of having positive experiences if we are in a thoroughly positive mind-set when we venture out.

I have found a great deal of beauty and wonder in the next dimension. Yes I have found things I didn't like -in the past a long time ago before I'd learned what I have now. Just focus on your inner light and truth (whatever that may be) and go for it!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique

Honestly the truth is that even after hearing positive thoughts when that second comes and you are deep into vibrational stage it is almost like Human nature to start thinking about the things that could go wrong. I even catch myself doing it sometimes and I have had more projections than I can count at this point. I force myself to override those thoughts and either think about nothing but leaving my body, or try and think about the places I want to go or previous positive experiences. It's not an easy thing to do regardless of what most people say, it takes training to be able to do so. The other thing it takes is experience. If you don't project you will never have any good experiences so there is a point in your life where you must attempt to conquer the fears that can be conquered. But then there is going to be a point where no matter what you do you just need to get some mud on your boots and say the heck with it and get some experience. Because the truth of the matter is that if you spend enough time in the astral no matter what you believe, what you tell yourself, and what nature you are you are eventually going to have both positive and negative experiences just as you would in the physical world when you go and do something.

The important thing is not if/when you have those negative experiences, the important part is not allowing those negative experiences to affect you and potentially ruin your future experiences because of fear. There are some fears you can work on prior to diving into astral projection, but there are also other fears that will not rise up until you encounter them face to face during astral projection and then you must deal with them. It sounds like to me you have some work to do prior to projecting to work out some fears but there will come a point when it's time to just go for it.

It would take me way too long to list all of my positive experiences. Some of the more recent ones were learning about slightly less than 40,000 planets having intelligent life on them in our galaxy and then seeing a form of wildlife from another planet. That same night I then was taken to a classroom and was interacting with spirits who were clearly not Humans, but were Humanoid. They have some different features and skin colors and they were just as interested in me as I was them. Another experience was being taken to a ceremony and treated like I was the guest of honor. I bowed before the leader of the ceremony and he gave me a soft piece of paper in one hand and some type of candy in the other as I introduced myself. Another good one was getting to see the guardian spirits of the astral, they are always watching and listening our activity in the astral. If you cross the line and break one of their rules they will instantly appear and tell you what is needed and then disappear, they have an incredibly powerful prescence about them. At least that is what it felt like to me. I could continue but I don't want to take up too much time.