Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-05-2017, 01:30 AM
Guide

Well, in all honesty....I don't know where you will end up. That will be determined by your spirit or soul....and not so much your humanly mind. I do believe that we chose a lot of our experiences before we incarnated on earth...so a lot if not all, was preordained. However, since you know what those awful things feel like already...hopefully you won't choose to go through them again.
Old 25-05-2017, 05:46 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
Well, in all honesty....I don't know where you will end up. That will be determined by your spirit or soul....and not so much your humanly mind. I do believe that we chose a lot of our experiences before we incarnated on earth...so a lot if not all, was preordained. However, since you know what those awful things feel like already...hopefully you won't choose to go through them again.

Is it possible for me to relive a parallel reality, either as an existing or non-existing sibling or family member in a similar, nearly identical reality to my own. In other words, can I be reborn in 1988 and relive experiences that I already lived through in this life, eventhough I will have no memories of the future. I think it would be cool to come back as a sibling that doesn't exist in this reality, which is what I plan on doing. This even means I'll be the opposite gender as well. There was an anime called "Steins;Gate" and I think in one episode an effeminate guy who looked like a woman, altered his own past to where he was born as a female, instead of a male; which is kinda like what I want to do.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Master

Sure there might be a potential future where it is 1988, but it is not 1988 as in what once were, because what is cannot become less than it already has become. So what was is not happening anymore, and what might be is already occurring, the real past actually is right now, and the rest merely is a question of our allowance of it to happen.
Old 26-05-2017, 01:21 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Sure there might be a potential future where it is 1988, but it is not 1988 as in what once were, because what is cannot become less than it already has become. So what was is not happening anymore, and what might be is already occurring, the real past actually is right now, and the rest merely is a question of our allowance of it to happen.
Man, this is so confusing. I know it's 2017 here, but somewhere else in another plane of existence, it could be 1957 or even 2077, right?
Old 26-05-2017, 04:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
Man, this is so confusing. I know it's 2017 here, but somewhere else in another plane of existence, it could be 1957 or even 2077, right?
Actually its 1957 and 2077 currently ("right now") in THIS plane of existence (includes in many/most of the parallel time streams).

Other planes of existence may or may not have time. Time generally does not work the same (as here or each other) in those that do have time.
Old 26-05-2017, 04:47 AM
Experiencer

It is possible that these multiple realities seem to be occurring but in fact may not exist.

By analogy, an astronomer can identify where the earth will be a month from now. Does this mean that the earth is both here and there at the same time? Not really. It is more showing us how on the mental plane we can have multiple realities co-exist. However there is only one earth and it is here now. That is the nature of our shared reality.

Likewise the formation of future lives may be a mental construction or projection of likely or possible outcomes that do not yet exist. Though it can somehow be simulated and experienced in advance.

This is how I make sense of it though I really do not know. I will admit the whole multiverse concept rubs me the wrong way so I am biased.
Old 26-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
It is possible that these multiple realities seem to be occurring but in fact may not exist.

By analogy, an astronomer can identify where the earth will be a month from now. Does this mean that the earth is both here and there at the same time? Not really. It is more showing us how on the mental plane we can have multiple realities co-exist. However there is only one earth and it is here now. That is the nature of our shared reality.

Likewise the formation of future lives may be a mental construction or projection of likely or possible outcomes that do not yet exist. Though it can somehow be simulated and experienced in advance.

This is how I make sense of it though I really do not know. I will admit the whole multiverse concept rubs me the wrong way so I am biased.
How do you know THIS reality is real? It might be nothing more than a mental construction (or computer simulation). But, both of those are real, just not in the manner you are thinking of.

If you believe OBE is any more real, you can use it to go visit some of those 'alternate realities'.
Old 26-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88

Maybe you are confusing yourself by thinking of time in ways that it is not. It is like when I first tried to gaze into the nature of money it all became gibberish, and I was confused until I realized that the nature of money is gibberish because it is written by men, instead of coming to itself naturally. Since money is man made it has no nature, and the same goes for time. It is a contraption made by man to keep track of things, it does not really exist. What is real is the flow of energy, and the constant expansion of consciousness.
Old 27-05-2017, 05:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Maybe you are confusing yourself by thinking of time in ways that it is not. It is like when I first tried to gaze into the nature of money it all became gibberish, and I was confused until I realized that the nature of money is gibberish because it is written by men, instead of coming to itself naturally. Since money is man made it has no nature, and the same goes for time. It is a contraption made by man to keep track of things, it does not really exist. What is real is the flow of energy, and the constant expansion of consciousness.

what, descriptions of reality don't exist? likewise for analogies?
Old 30-05-2017, 03:00 AM
Newbie ;)

My thoughts on this topic? Time is not linear, it is constant. Kind of like a record (if you remember records), one just needs to slip into the correct "groove" in order to experience a particular point in time. I believe souls are much more compatible for slipping into different time slots. But I also have a theory that we have been and are being visited by people from other times slots. I also believe that some of the "apparitions" or "ghosts" that people experience may be glimpses into an alternate time slot. So those people may be seeing something that happened in the so called "past".