Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 27-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Administrator
Exercise is out for me i live in a village near the mountains they only thing you had to do here was walk ,it wasnt just straight up and down either its all hills, i used to love walking now i cant walk very far i have osteo arthritis and fybromygela,somethimes it hurts just to stand up, im not a big believer in following trends or exercise dos and dont,i do as i want and what suits me,you have to find a way that you are happy doing .

Namaste
Old 27-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Knower
Distance is unimportant. What matters is pushing yourself bit by bit, not allowing whatever it is that's brought you down to keep you down or take more of you than it already has. In Finnish we have a concept called "sisu" which is finding the inner strength you didn't know you had, and using it to do "the impossible".
Old 16-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Experiencer
I always had motivation to get started but sticking with it was somewhat of a problem due to life. Home, family, work. Made it hard to stick to a routine especially if I was alone. So, I started martial arts. We stretch, meditate. It's like yoga and the gym rolled into one with a bonus drill sergeant. Plus the goal of achieving the higher belts. I didn't start till my mid 30s, and I'm 5ft 90lbs and I do quite well. Anyone can do and its loads of fun.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Pathfinder

Excercising would probably be easier in nature and outdoor homes. Suburban life kind of makes me lazy haha
Old 20-05-2016, 12:55 AM
Knower
The best way to stay motivated is to find something you actually enjoy doing. Whether it's walking, running, or playing a sport. Any activity is better than none. Then just stick with it until it becomes a habit. At some point you should find you're looking forward to doing it.
Old 15-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormNexus
Exercise. I need to do it, but I don't want to. What are some ways you've helped motivate yourself to START? What are some ways you've motivated yourself to stick with it?

Decide on a day, write it down, and then mentally prepare yourself to start when that day arrives. Also, the best way which I have found to stick with it is to exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY. This means it becomes a part of your routine, keeps up your momentum and also your motivation. If you take rest days then this slows momentum and you're more likely to get lazy and skip your workouts.
Old 24-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Try exercising while listening to music or watching some series. It helped me a lot to start :)
Old 27-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Experiencer
Remember this: a habit takes about 60 days to be formed (this is from study but from personal experience as well). This means, that even if a habit is good or bad, useful or not... but in this context, hard or easy, you just have to force yourself to go 2 months. Now listen this, the hardest part is to get there. You will rationalize many times not to go 'today'. But once you are there, you won't just say 'oh well, I'm gonna go back home'. No, you will just do your things. Also is very important that you have a partner to go with, especially in your case, this is very essential to stick up.

After 2 months, you will finally understand and literally feel the benefits of it. You will want to go actually, and it will be easy to do so. All it takes is to break this mental block of ice you created yourself.

Hope you take this as a wise advice and perspective, and not rationalize my advise into proving me wrong because it would be very irrelevant. Cheers!
Old 30-11-2016, 02:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Obviously, if you hate doing something, you're never going to be able to force yourself to like doing it. Seeking motivation is the biggest mistake people make. There is NO reason to motivate yourself to do something you hate.

There are so many different kinds of exercise in this world that you are bound to find at least one that you do enjoy.
When you do find a form of physical activity that you enjoy, you won't have to motivate yourself to do it, because you will actually enjoy doing it.

Seriously, there are billions of different kinds of exercise out there, so many that it's quite impossible for you to hate them all.
Just be creative and find a form of movement that you do like. No one said that you have to go to a gym and work out like the majority of people do.
You can take some fun dance classes, maybe find a sport, get paid to walk dogs, garden, do some housecleaning, go shopping (following my mom or exes around while they shop was like a workout in itself LoL), hiking, swimming... there are so many kinds of fun ideas that you can do to get you more active.

Me, I actually enjoy pushing myself, so I love lifting heavy weights. I also love mastering speed and endurance, so I love doing high intensity cardio, it makes me feel amazing. My favourite thing in the entire world is badminton. I could play badminton for eternity, it's so fun.
Old 21-01-2017, 01:29 AM
Newbie ;)

I never thought weight lifting actually helped you to lose weight. I thought it was just to build muscle. I was wrong. I started lifting weights for my New Year's resolution, and I can't tell you how much I love it. I'm addicted. It's not so hard that I dread it. I love the euphoric feeling afterwards. The only drawback is I end up being VERY hungry lol =)