Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 01-07-2014, 11:50 PM
lovingspirit

A Question about druidry.

Hi everyone:)

for the past year I called my self spiritual not really fitting into anyone path. I practice reiki and magick and see them to be very great systems for healing and manifesting. I see those two things as being spiritual practices as an addition to anyones religion. I believe anyone of any faith can practice energy healing or magick.

I have been involved in the pagan community and the new age community, kind of being in the middle. (which is awesome and diverse) in both communities I have been told I was a druid in a past life. I have been told this by many people.

I use to call my self wiccan so I know the basics of wicca , but I always had a connection with druidry or neo-druidry.

I am very well connected to more of the pagan/Nature based religion side of things so I could see why . My question is, I am wanting to study and be a solitary Modern Druid. Does anyone know any good books to start off as?

Thanks so much,

Blessings.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:17 AM
Master

You could look into O.B.O.D. (Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids). They're a fairly large organization with members from all around the world. They also have a correspondence course (I'm pretty sure). They will more than likely have a suggested list of books to read as well.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:31 AM
lovingspirit

thank you so much :)

I shall check this out. I don't feel the need for labels anymore but I think it would still be cool to check out differen't paths.

Thanks again .
Old 04-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Sleepy_Druid

I know a couple of books.

"The Path Of Druidry Walking the Ancient Green Way" by: Penny Billington
"Druid Power: Celtic Faerie Craft and Elemental Magic" by: Amber Wolfe.

Also look into O.B.O.D as said above.

Good luck and safe travels!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:47 PM
lovingspirit

thank you so much everyone :)!

Have a great day :)!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Deactivated Account

Nice to see someone else on these same steps as me lovingspirit :)

I asked my spirit to help guide and teach me the most (as it was a guide via a dream that said he strongly suggested I take the first/initial 'level', or some such word, in druidy).. though I do plan on the odd book to help with basic mental understanding!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Knower
I recommend The Druidry Handbook by John Michael Greer, the Archdruid of the Ancient Order of Druids in America (AODA).
Old 09-07-2014, 03:26 PM
coriander

I'm currently reading The Druidry Handbook. It's really good and flows from one subject to another. Its easy to get overwhelmed with all the information there is to learn, but this book handles it nicely.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Ohh thank you for that recommendation.

The only book i read was an introduction and book with some 'to do' on the practical side sounds good.