Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 29-10-2010, 10:38 AM
SamagthraV2

My Experiences So Far

Ack, i feel a bit young here still eheh..Still learning how to astral project myself. Oh well, i guess everywhere has to start somehwere eh?

My experience, for induced astral projection, i feel, has almost worked twice, and feel i may need advice from those who are more skilled at it. The first time it happened was a while back, start of this year i think, when i was just standing in the back garden staring at nature (cos i love it ) and there was a billowing wind, like a very strong gust :P Anyhows, just staring at the scenery, i soon find myself just closing my eyes and relaxing, stil l standing, imagining myself just being free to fly, and within seconds, all my senses start going away, firstly with sound, the howling of the wind in my ears going away even though i could feel it hitting me and it's cold nipping at my skin, then i lose my sense of feel, and soon all m senses go away, and i feel like...nothing?
I don't quite know how to explain this, i was just standing there, without sense of reality as i'm within this black void of my mind, and i start feeling myself floating upwards, like i was being dragged into the sky. I have to say, it was quite a weird feeling, just floating up up and up, and i managed to hold this for a few seconds before feeling it was enough and i snap back into my body, and i swear, the sudden onslaught of all my senses returning nearly gave me a heart attack, feeling all that wind and cold just blasting right into me in a sudden!

Second time was just last night there when i went to bed! After reading up on astral projecting here for a while, i decided to just go to bed and relax, laying down with arms at sides, i just close my eyes, and focus in on the ringing in my ears (I have tinitus eeh) and according to some threads, focusing on a single string can help you relax and project. Anywho, focusing on the ringing for a while, the ringing itself (is always a high pitch tune, never changing) starts fading away, and i feel myself just going all limp, and it was 'really' weird! I couldn't feel my body per say!! I was aware that i was still awake, wanting to move, but my body was like not responding, like it wasn't wanting to, and i just lay there fully aware but unable to move (is this the body asleep but mind awake?) and after a while, i swear i felt myself moving! Like um...I was wanting to lift my hands, but my bodily hands wouldn't move but i felt this strong sense of tingling / energy rushing through my body, and i swear my fingers were lifting up in response to my mind, but not my body. The fingers were fully coated in this tinglyness and that's where it was the most, on the hands as i was focusing on trying to move them, and i felt myself starting to lift up off the bed slightly, but then i snap back to my body after feeling i've had enough for tonight, and it's soooo weird feeling my body again after that little experience o_o

Um so yeah, that's my experience of attempting to induce astral projecting so far, and would be happy to get any help you can offer Would also be thankful to know what my experience so far are about? Are they really what i'm after or do i still have a lot to get through?
Old 29-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Guide
Loss of sensory impressions usually indicates a separation is/can be close during the practice of astral projection.

You sound like you experienced the sleep paralysis, when you say your body went limp. That good! I have a hard time getting even that far, lol. Sleep paralysis is absolutely critical so we don't act out our dreams. If we can maintain focus on awareness instead of drifting off, then we'll feel the body actually fall asleep.

Next, what you experienced was probably what everyone popularily calls the "vibrations." Feels like waves or electricity or static. Yes, very indicative of a projection happening. Very good job! You were very close to separating.

Typically:

We lay down.
We relax.
Our minds drift and next thing we know we are awake and it's morning. Lol.

But, after relaxing, if we stay focused on something (like the noise you used) then we become aware of what the body always does which we don't usually recognize. The body paralyzes itself.

Soon, if not very soon after this, you pretty much start feeling the vibrations. I have reason to believe this is simply biofeedback from the nerves when the brain tells the body "turn off." Others dissagree though... irregardless, don't freak out or get excited. You might likely find your heart racing at this point. That means you got excited or freaked and now you probably won't project. This is hard, but you can't let your reaction to the stimuli ruin the practice. Try doing what Robert Monre suggested, try playing with the vibes and get a feeling for them. Do not get scared. This will help you get used to them.

You should feel your legs, arms, fingers, toes, etc... they will feel light. This is probably the actual astral body but sometimes it could just be our physical also (not usually likely though).

Get up, as if you would when you wake up and get out of bed. Maybe try the "roll out" method. You should be in the astral. This is hard for me allot because it feels like a thousand "rubber bands" are holding me back trying to pull me into the body. Don't know what that is about.

Look around and see if anything's different. I immediately know if I'm out or not because i wear contacts and can't see $#!+ without them. So if my eyes "work" I know they're my astral eyes and I didn't get up in the physical.

What you say about the ringing in your ears - that can work, sure. I use a similar technique where I don't listent o ringing in my ears but there's like a high pitched whirring noise, it echoes like crickets chirping. As you relax more and approach sleep, you'll hear the "crickets" (lol) but try to listen to the "echo" of them, if that makes sense. For me, when I do it, it sounds like I am standing in the room a bit further away from where I went to sleep. I think it works well to help shift focus away from the body entirely.

Try affirmations and stuff too. Tell yourself what you already know, that you're awesome and can do anything and the practice will naturally develop with your experiences.

Great job you're doing. See you out there!
Old 30-10-2010, 10:38 AM
SamagthraV2

Hehe!! Glad to hear i'm making great progress I must say though, first time feeling my body actually paralysed was quite a shock! Sure i read that body parlysis is needed for projecting to work, i just didn't think it would happen so fast for me, nor how real it felt, guess that's why my heart was poudning against my chest hehe

But as i read somewhere, this astral projecting is like a muscle, it won't be very strong to begin with because it's been rarely used, but the more i practise and use it, the easier it'll be to do :)

Just wondering what i should do if i manage to project...i wanna go to another world =D See what else there is within the universe, or see my past lives, aaar i dunno, always indecisive between which one to go for and i think that'll be a setback since i don't know "where" i want to go to

Hopefully i'll have more luck over the days!
Old 30-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Knower
I’d say that was pretty good. I have also experience that I’ve yet to get out but I have experienced my astral hands, arms and legs lifting up. Its an odd but neat experience. That’s true practice, patience and consistency are key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamagthraV2
Just wondering what i should do if i manage to project...i wanna go to another world =D See what else there is within the universe, or see my past lives, aaar i dunno, always indecisive between which one to go for and i think that'll be a setback since i don't know "where" i want to go to
I think all your wants are good and are things I'd also like to eventually go via AT. I think my first place I would AT would either be this specific spot in the park by my house or to my home on the other side.
Old 31-10-2010, 02:57 AM
SamagthraV2

Okay, weeeeeird!
I just attempted to astral project once again (lied down on a rug, with a cushion under my head for comfort, arms at side) and managed to get myself into a nice, calm relaxed state.
I had a go at trying to what Abi suggested, counting back from 500, and while i was counting down, i got the numbers "450" flashing into my mind briefly, and when i reached 450, i find myself completely relaxed and somewhat paralysed again. And once again, i feel my heart pounding against my chest, but that relaxing sensation was still covering me entirely.

As i continued couting down, i got the numbers "420" flashing into my mind, and i somehow find myself winding up back at 480 after getting to 420 naturally without even meaning to. After going all the way back to 480, i suddenly feel this strong, tingling sensation rushing through my body. At this point, i was focusing on moving my arms, but cutting off at the last second, and after repeating this many times while counting and completely relaxed, i felt the vibes, tingling, growing stronger and stronger within my arms, like it were pins and needles sort of sensation as i can best describe it. I don't think there'd be a lack of blood going into my arms seeing how they're at my sides, just nice n flat, with shoulders resting...

Anyhows, over time, as i kept counting down, i felt my hands raising up on their own, slowly, slowly, and i kept focusing on trying to raise them without raising the physical arms. I don't know if i was raising them consciously, but i sure didn't feel like i was raising them, more like them gradually being pulled up by strings by some invisible force, and i felt the hair of the rug underneath dragging against my skin.

At this point, i was beginning to wonder if i had somehow forced my physical body to move without intentionally meaning to, and when i hit "400", both hands were off the floor, with my arms starting to follow. Deciding to stop there, i just return my focus back to my normal state, snapping out of it and my arms just fall onto the floor as if the strings had been cut. So in a sense, i had raised my physical hands, without meaning to, and they just go numb on me when i break out of my trance.

Afterwards, even as i'm writing this, i felt out of breath, incredibly shaky for no reason, and just overall exhausted from that little attempt at astral projecting.

Any suggestions on what this was? I don't really think i did astral project, but more over moving myself while not conscious about it..Hopefully this doubt won't interfere with future attempts...
Old 31-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Dream Walker

HI,
Well done so far (hope that doesn't sound patronising, it's not meant to)
I think trying too hard can be a bit of a problem, it sounds like you're very close to AP, but sometimes just focusing on a destination, even the ceiling above where you're lying, rather than being too aware of individual bits like your arms or legs rising can help to stop you being too aware of your physical body. Kind of if you can just think about getting to the ceiling and casually observing that, "Oh my legs have raised up", then "Ah, there's the rest of me out, right lets get through this ceiling"...
Hope that helps more than confuses
Happy Samhain
Old 31-10-2010, 11:04 PM
SamagthraV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Walker
HI,
Well done so far (hope that doesn't sound patronising, it's not meant to)
I think trying too hard can be a bit of a problem, it sounds like you're very close to AP, but sometimes just focusing on a destination, even the ceiling above where you're lying, rather than being too aware of individual bits like your arms or legs rising can help to stop you being too aware of your physical body. Kind of if you can just think about getting to the ceiling and casually observing that, "Oh my legs have raised up", then "Ah, there's the rest of me out, right lets get through this ceiling"...
Hope that helps more than confuses
Happy Samhain

funny you say that! When i was feeling my hands lifting up, i was thinking mentally "I wish to go to the bathroom!" seeing how it is a room that is right across the hall, a practise place to go to, and constantly thinking of the bathroom, but feeling your astral body moving out of your physical is really distracting i have to say ahaha xD;;

Guess i'll try again soon! Thanks for advice
Old 05-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Knower
I had a new experience the other day. It felt like my AB was trying to roll sideways out and I heard a whooshing noise.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Master
Others have said it and I add my voice. At some point we need to get past the effort and concern over getting out of the body and focus on a familiar pre-chosen target spot to go to. This is the real point of ap, after all... consciously Going Someplace out-of-body.

Xan