Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 19-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Seeker

Inexplicable and very upsetting....

Firstly, hi, I just joined today.

This experience has been on my mind and I am interested in what other people think and it isnt the kind of thing I can bring up in general conversation.

I walked into my bedroom and switched on my p.c., sat down on my bed and within a minute I heard the most awful groaning sound, it was, I would say 'human' but sounded as if someone was in the most awful pain and it was quite loud. I literally jumped up and spun around to see what it was.

It seemed to be coming from inside an inner wall, if you see what I mean, the wall dividing my room from the bedroom behind.

I have lived in this house for 23 years, we bought it from new, and I have never heard such a sound, not here, not anywhere, in my entire life. I was really afraid and pulled back my bedding and pillows, looking for some source, some explantion but there wasnt anything there. This was at about 11.15 am.

So, I shrugged my shoulders and decided I imagined it, but then it happened again. I cant explain how painful and lonely and scared this sound was. Anyway, I called my daughter who, much braver than me, checked the other bedroom! She also checked my room. Then it came again this time she heard it as well.

It went on a couple more times, each time becoming fainter and shorter, the last sound sometime after 2.00 pm. I wish I had thought to record it!

There are no pipes running along there and I have no idea what it could have been, but I feel bothered by it still, just a bit saddened because it sounded like someone was literally bedside themselves with pain. That is the best way to describe it.

Has anyone else ever had such an experience?
Old 20-03-2012, 02:58 AM
MYFIGO

Hi... and welcome. I haven't experienced anything exactly as you have. You're so fortunate to have someone else hear it though!

It's interesting though that in my own home, I never had any experiences for 3 years and then all of a sudden I had many. I felt like the spirits were passing through the inside wall between the two bedrooms as well.

Perhaps someone else will have something else to say.
Old 20-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Gregatha

Hi Blue flotsam, Where i live in Australia we sometimes have a bit of trouble with possums taking up residence in the roofs of our houses,.. And sometimes the little fellas find their way into the wall cavities. I'm wondering if this may be the source of the problem? Enjoy Your day.
Old 20-03-2012, 07:45 PM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregatha
Hi Blue flotsam, Where i live in Australia we sometimes have a bit of trouble with possums taking up residence in the roofs of our houses,.. And sometimes the little fellas find their way into the wall cavities. I'm wondering if this may be the source of the problem? Enjoy Your day.

I've never heard possums make the sorts of groaning noises that have been described..Tassie Devils, yes...they sound just...like nothing you've ever heard before at 3am out in the bush...creepy and unearthly. *shudder*

MorningMist
Old 20-03-2012, 08:03 PM
prettypolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
Hi... and welcome. I haven't experienced anything exactly as you have. You're so fortunate to have someone else hear it though!

It's interesting though that in my own home, I never had any experiences for 3 years and then all of a sudden I had many. I felt like the spirits were passing through the inside wall between the two bedrooms as well.

Perhaps someone else will have something else to say.

I am the same, the previous house I was in I lived init for a few years before anything happened, but it only happened to me.
My daughters toy would get thrown down the stairs (she was six months at the time so never had her toys upstairs).
I heard a young girl laughing twice and various noises that always happened upstairs.

Like MYFIGO said I believe they we're passing through as well.
Old 21-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Chicken Hawk

FWIW, I'm thinking Possums like Gregatha mentioned. Or Raccoons. We have both around our house and they do get in attics and interior walls (thankfully not mine). An animal in pain or starving can growl terribly and at the same time you can feel their pain. It is hair raising, creepy and very sad at the same time.
Old 21-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Seeker

Thanks for your replies.

I wish that an animal was a possibility but judging by the initial loudness I really cannot imagine it being an animal, at least not a small one, especially as the sound came from inside the house, and seemingly inside the wall.

I guess this will stay a mystery.
Old 21-03-2012, 07:42 PM
MorningMist

Blue, if your daughter hears it, then others can...so the only other thing I could suggest is perhaps calling your local constabulary to come check out "a baffling disturbance" in your home.

I do know the 'groaning' sound you're talking about, although I don't know where I've heard it before.

Still, you can't go wrong with a couple of cops coming along to hear it as well...if nothing else (barring knocking down walls to eliminate foul play of the human variety), then at least you'll know you're not going mad.

At worst, it's something 'ghostly'. At best, it's a critter with a bad case of laryngitis O.o

Hugs
MorningMist
Old 22-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Master
Are the walls brick, or is it a plaster board division?
Old 28-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Seeker

Hi and thanks for your replies.

It only happened on the one occasion, thankfully, otherwise I would now be sleeping downstairs!!!!

If it had been an animal I guess there would have been 'scrabbling' type noises as well and there was nothing like that. Just the 'groaning'.

The wall is plasterboard.

Morning Mist, you are familiar with this sound? It is very hard to describe the absolute despair and pain that came across, it was absolutely well, I hesitate to say this but it was 'hellish'.. and I am sleeping with my head in the vicinity from where the sound came. Not sure that is wise. I do know if I hear it again I will get someone from the church around.