Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-11-2010, 04:11 AM
earthprowler

The Soul and Reincarnation......Long

I was watching the ghost whisperer tonight and they touched on something that I've always wondered about. When I was pregnant with my daughter, it was not too long before I had her I had a strange dream where I was in the labor room, it was pitch black. The nurse was there and so was my mom but they both left. When I looked up I could see her hanging in the air with what looked to be a suction cup on her head (that's how they got her out), just out of my reach. When she was born even right after birth when I looked at her, she looked exactly as she did in my dream. Anyway on the show they were talking about reincarnation and Announcement Dreams and now I get that this is what I had. I wondered if anyone else had any experiences of any kind. My daughter and I have always seemed to know each other and even at an early age, I would tell her it was my turn to be the mommy, lol....we still joke about it. Anyway I found this:

Reincarnation

We do not live our lives, then die and go to heaven. We live our life, then when we no longer have energy to make our bodies work through age, disease or accident, we enter Spirituality. Then we discard our body as our soul (consciousness principle) changes to a higher frequency, undergoes a range of experiences in the spiritual realm, then may choose to return to Materiality and reincarnate for another life on Earth.

Christianity rejected reincarnation as a concept between 325 A.D.1 and 553 A.D., hence the Christian faith lost the esoteric part of it's philosophy.

Stevenson2, one of the foremost researchers of reincarnation has exhaustively investigated the matter, detailing the testimony of experiencers to gain a better understanding of the relationship of the body, person, and soul, in which the person remembers a former and a present body in which the soul appears to be the link between the two corporeal structures with an interval of time between, from days to decades.

Carol Bowman has written two books on the subject of reincarnation, from the perspective of a mother concerned about childhood phobias (Children's Past Lives), and a counselor dealing with human relationships and karma (Return From Heaven). Her work is a more practical assessment of human experiences and interaction.

The recollection of experiences in the Bardo States does not happen to most of us but does happen. I can trust my own experiences and the recognition might be more frequent if the subconscious was more accessible or we were more observant and took more seriously the statements of young children when the memories surface.

Recurrent features3 are common in the cases which occur in at least ten cultures worldwide where the concept of reincarnation is considered possible4.

In the Republic, Plato5 provides evidence of reincarnation from Greek sources of the 4th century B.C. in the myth of Er, killed in battle who came to life on the funeral pyre and related the events of the preceding twelve days when he had been judged "dead".

In Moody's writing6 contemporary sources provide a wealth of information of the observation of medical teams resusitating patients from a perspective other than the patient involved, indicating soul-body separation, at least temporarily. Other research spurred by Moody's work indicate definite patterns to the process.

Nor were things much different in the sixth century A.D. according to Pope Gregory the Great7.

Perhaps the most detailed information of what happens at the end of life is found in "The Tibetan Book of the Dead"8 which was compiled about the 8th century A.D. and used as a brevary but intended to be much more; to assist the living to support the dying as they pass through the Chikhai Bardo and the dead on through the Chonyid and Sidpa Bardos. The very detailed instructions enable the recently dead to be guided by the living through experiences they are undergoing and to prepare them for Nirvana or for rebirth as the cycle of life, death, and the choice of rebirth, the Sangsara (life experience) proceeds.

The text of the "Bardo Thodal", the Tibetan title, was translated into English in 1927 and makes available to us the experiences of lamas who in trance are able to access the Bardo States.

Many souls will leave their bodies at the time of the Polar Shift which is affecting the temper of the times today as different people are unconsciously aware there will be an interruption in their circumstances, it does not occur to them they have been through the portals of birth, life, death, and rebirth many times.

Indicators of the extention of life beyond death include these recurrent features that lend credence to the possibility of reincarnation;

...Prediction by an elderly person of rebirth, sometimes identifying the parents to be9.

...An announcing dream experienced by the mother to be during pregnancy, occasionly seen by the father9.

...Birthmark or birth defect on the subject coinciding with that of the previous personality9.

...Recognitions and statements about the previous life10.

...Subject's knowledge of previous personality's mode of death, related vengefulness and concomitant birth defect or mark11.

...Behavior of subject in relation to previous personality12.

...Childhood play of subject similar to behavior of previous personality13.

...Unfinished business; interplay of issues of intergenerational nature usually within family14.

...Pregnancy, abortion, and return to family15.

The acceptance of reincarnation as the way the real world works instead of the religious dogma of the Resurrection moves the discussion from the etherial to the concrete; you are here today, gone tomorrow, but you will probably be back so prepare now to generate good karma.

Other sources of reincarnation information are available, one writer16 who comes to mind is authoress Sylvia Browne17.

When faced with a potential upheaval of the magnitude predicted, mankind needs assurance that life is ongoing and what we call "death" is a misnomer based on inadequate information. As religeous texts indicate, life is everlasting, but it passes through two stages alternately, materiality where you are while reading this and spiritually, where we go when we move beyond materiality.

Unfortunately Christianity rejected reincarnation early in its history and serves its adherants badly in preparing them for the stage beyond materiality. The strongest evidence for reincarnation, descent into the flesh, comes from young children just able to talk, up to about school age18, when the child becomes accultured in the larger community and puts aside their memories of their recent experience in spirituality19.

The entire point of life is to advance spiritually. We are tested here with a life experience20 in which tests failed in a previous life experience are tried again, then we move on to the next tests planned in a schedule while we are in spirituality attemping to improve our mastery of own emotions and navigate the relationships we find ourselves in21. Spiritual advancement is contributing to society in a positive way while upholding the Golden Rule.

Our body is not "us", it is only an envelope, the real person or soul is an energy field maintained by the chakras or energy vortexes based in the endocrine glands. Most people tend to see themselves as only material entities not as spiritual beings which we are, albeit with a material stage to better enable us to gain spiritual stature.

On leaving materiality and disassociating from the mass of the body the frequency the individual operates at rises dramatically. Mediums remark the message from the spiritual level is always difficult to understand, it comes so rapidly and at such a high pitch or vibration22.

Reincarnates influence society on a continuing basis. One example was the Hippy culture in the 1960's and 70's. Their rejection of authority and assumption of individuality was the consequence of being killed in World War II, on returning to materiality they expressed rebellion at the conformity imposed on them in their previous incarnation. At the time the phenomenon was difficult to understand but when seen in the setting including reincarnation, the events that transpired are logical enough.

Apart from the Bardo States which most souls pass through quickly, we are either in materiality or spirituality.

Prior to reincarnation, a soul is assisted by the Etheric Council in developing a life plan23, including the objectives the soul seeks to enable spiritual advancement, with karmic tests of cause and effect the soul has incorporated into its memory24. As the soul readies for the next material stage, the physical seed atom25 is reactivated drawing concentrated energy and karmic information from the soul mind26. At or following conception the seed atom unites with an embryo and subsequently finds itself back in Schoolhouse Earth for another stage of material life.

The body is tied to time and observes objectively, the soul is independant of time and subjective, hence the duality in our experience.
Old 24-11-2010, 10:20 PM
earthprowler

bumping
Old 26-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Knower
Memories of past lives are common. Birth announcement dreams are also experienced by some people - yours is not the first one I've heard of.
Old 28-11-2010, 12:08 PM
whiteride

Reincarnation is true. It just has not really fruited yet. As it is a scary prospect. Hard enough being one person, let alone two.
It however makes you realise yourself as eternal. As you realise yourself as eternal, you become eternal. But only through love can you realise where you came from, and where you are going.
Old 28-11-2010, 03:37 PM
LightFilledHeart

A beautiful spiritual teacher once said, "There are only two questions worth asking in life... from where have I come and to where am I going? And the answer to both is the same... spirit."