Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Master

Whoa! Today I got my first genuinely angry client email

Context - this client is hurting and has some complex social history going on.

By the sounds of things this client has had multiple readings from various different readers, some of whom I'd consider in the more "wishy washy" category. The email included references to multiple lines I've never mentioned in my own readings to this client, so I'm guessing it's generalised anger rather than personalised. They took a lot of offence to my suggestion that it may be time to seek professional counselling, and didn't think tarot was legit anymore.

I found myself being really grateful for my clinical experience (I'm used to dealing with upset people?); I'm not taking it personally, this person is hurting. I'm glad I've said they may need to go elsewhere, and found a way to gently explain why a real-life counsellor may trump the online tarot reader for this particular person. I wished them luck, acknowledged they were allowed to not think tarot were legit, closed my email, closed the 'link' and am back to wondering when I'll be able to make japanese souffle pancakes.

In the future I might encourage myself to make the "I think this person needs in-person help, not a tarot reader" calls earlier, and act on it.

An unusual experience, and felt the need to share with my online peeps.
Hope you're all doing okay where you are tonight
I hope this client gets the help they need and feels better eventually.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:46 PM
You seem very mature about this.
I'm aware of a rise in spontaneous, nutty, non-sensical anger being
expressed in public, btw.
People actually screaming in restaurants, for example...like tirades..not just
shouting, "Stop it!"

There seems to be a climate of general unhappiness and blaming someone for it!
Ha, the one that is not even responsible, but did some small mistake, maybe, and
the person unloads on them...in other words, on an innocent.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Master

Thanks for the support!

Yeah, anger management (or lack thereof) is a thing.

The client sent a follow up email, more angry than the first, and being more specific about non-tarot things they were angry at, so I feel a bit better know it’s not my services particularly tripping them up at all! Sometimes people just get so wound up that they ‘emotion dump’, I think.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:14 PM
I will tell you something also that may help...I massaged a lady over 20 yrs ago
that then accused me of making her worse, huh? (what the heck did I do? I thought.)

I told my Chiropractor...she wisely said...'Look, she came to you already hurting...they come
after lifting a piano...then blame you for something...forget it.'
I did.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Master
Sorry this happened to you.
Always difficult to deal with tricky situations where you clearly see that someone needs more serious 'work'.
Advising a counselor is equally tricky as the chances of someone getting upset because their ego gets hurt are really high. Certainly if you say "professional help" as then they feel there's something wrong with them.
Sometimes people expect miracles of a reader...
I've declined reading for someone who'd been diagnosed by either schizophrenia or bipolar (cannot remember), hearing voices and she was doubting the medical diagnosis, thinking she was intuitive. That may be so, but I'm not going there.
I have not had angry or discontent customers yet, I guess at some point it is bound to happen. Let's not jinx it, hihi, simply hope it won't happen anytime soon, because no matter what it'll hurt.
So in that sense giving you a big virtual hug! And hope they won't send you any more nasty emails.

Old 28-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Knower
It's a very fine line between anger and tears. I hope the person gets the help they need.