Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryK
That's amazing! Sounds like you may have had many war time memories, different era's perhaps?

I very much do understand that feeling when you hear the air raid sirens! The first time I heard one my heart slammed into my throat, scary moment and it felt too familiar.
Again as well, I hate weapons, I don't want them in my house!
I get very teary when anyone talks about getting one.
It's an awful feeling to recall that moment of death, either yours or one who stood beside you during a battle. The smell, smoke, sounds.

I do have other lifetimes I have snippets of that I remember, but not as strong as my war time one. Though one of me as a column carver somewhere in the mideast is also very vivid.

:)

Oh man, glad i'm not alone on the siren thing, people look at me weird when it freaks me out. They have one of those alarms around a popular river here, when the dam lets the water out it becomes dangerous, so the alarms go off.
Sort of like having ptsd from war you've never been in, but it's all such an amazing process to figure out! It sounds like you are doing a lot of research, let me know how it goes! It's very interesting. A column carver, that is very intriguing.

I can remember many figments of different lives very vividly, some of the lives i lived make me ashamed to even admit, but i have remembered horrible things such as me being a serial killer, vivid memories i don't want to remember. There have been good ones too though. There is always a pattern in my lives, always struggling with balance and getting to some kind of power, i like the ones where i am spiritually power and good, and not... messed up with ignorant types of power.
I've tried to do research before, but never come up with anything specific.
I have memories of being an ancient egyptian woman with much prestige, some people tell me i was a princess and they know (some lunatic claims i'm cleopatra and that i killed him, but i think that's just because i look egyptian in this life), i don't believe that, all i know is i was superior in an ignorant way and i don't much enjoy the thought of that.
Old 25-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Also when I was young I'd sit in the backyard and 'drift off' and remember planes, lots of them, flying in formation, it was SO loud and they just seemed to keep coming up over the horizon.
Any ideas?

Hi there Kerry

No idea what it might mean, but I used to have these dreams when I was much younger. There was a sense of 'they are coming and we can't escape'. If I remember correctly, I had these dreams before I'd even heard of war.

I guess so many people were killed in bombings, it's not too far-fetched to think it could have been a past life.

The dreams stopped many years ago, although I do still occasionally dream of 'something' coming to get us. And not being able to escape it because it is too big. Normally I wake up before I find out what 'it' is!

Squatch
Old 25-11-2010, 11:26 PM
KerryK

Soldier past life? Plus...

Sorry for the delay in responding, had a gathering here yesterday so two days before was spent on preparing food/planning and all.

The siren sends chills up and down my spine when I hear it, but on the one hand it terrifies me and yet another part of me loves to hear it. I know it doesn't make sense but that's how I feel. Though the initial instinct is to smile, the secondary instinct hits quickly and I feel afraid. Can't figure that one out. I agree with you on it being like ptsd, very much so, and carrying it through lifetimes after.

It would be interesting to find out who you may have been in that lifetime as Egyptian. That's an incredible part of history!

As you have mentioned, I think we've all had lives before that we may be ashamed of, and I think that's part of that process of learning from what we do and coming back improving ones life.
Positive past life experiences are a nice memory to have.

Another memory I have was positive but went negative swiftly:
I have one where I'm a child in Australia, living with my Mom in a home of a rancher family. My Mom was their cook and cleaner. They're incredibly good to us and we lived inside the big house. I remember playing as a child through the hallways, and helping my Mom in the kitchen (the pots hung from the ceiling above the stove). Then I remember seeing a shadow at the end of one particular hall with windows all along one side. I ran and I was trapped by this person on the back stairway and I supposed that was when he took my life. He was an intruder, no one from the family as I did not recognize him.

The column carver was one memory that I completely beamed with pride in. I stood at the top of a hill, one that swooped gently down toward the sea, I know it was the Mediterranean. I stood on this hill, long column lays behind me as I glanced out to the water, the sun was setting, and I'm not sure if the sun coloured the column's pinkish or whether the stone itself was pink, but I was carving long deep lines into them, top to bottom. I enjoyed that life immensely.

It's great to be able to talk about this. Thanks to everyone!

Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Oh man, glad i'm not alone on the siren thing, people look at me weird when it freaks me out. They have one of those alarms around a popular river here, when the dam lets the water out it becomes dangerous, so the alarms go off.
Sort of like having ptsd from war you've never been in, but it's all such an amazing process to figure out! It sounds like you are doing a lot of research, let me know how it goes! It's very interesting. A column carver, that is very intriguing.

I can remember many figments of different lives very vividly, some of the lives i lived make me ashamed to even admit, but i have remembered horrible things such as me being a serial killer, vivid memories i don't want to remember. There have been good ones too though. There is always a pattern in my lives, always struggling with balance and getting to some kind of power, i like the ones where i am spiritually power and good, and not... messed up with ignorant types of power.
I've tried to do research before, but never come up with anything specific.
I have memories of being an ancient egyptian woman with much prestige, some people tell me i was a princess and they know (some lunatic claims i'm cleopatra and that i killed him, but i think that's just because i look egyptian in this life), i don't believe that, all i know is i was superior in an ignorant way and i don't much enjoy the thought of that.
Old 25-11-2010, 11:36 PM
KerryK

Exactly!!! I was so young when I 'saw' these coming and got that "oh oh" kind of sensation! Not understanding war at all and visualizing this to me was a good signal it was more a memory. We hadn't had tv at the time so it stands to reason that you may have carried a terrifying memory over with you to a new life. Fearful moments do make their mark on your soul, it has to. Did you have any other type of past life memories? Do you get any feelings when you hear bombs dropping in war movies or gunshots...or?

A fear I have I feel must have come from a past life is I'm absolutely terrified to walk by myself at night (on a quiet street) because I'm sure I'll get shot in the back again. It's a fear that almost freezes me on the spot if I'm stuck in that situation!
I tend to walk faster and though I know no one is behind me usually, I feel how it felt to have someone behind me and shoot me. Anyone else every get something like this?

Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hi there Kerry

No idea what it might mean, but I used to have these dreams when I was much younger. There was a sense of 'they are coming and we can't escape'. If I remember correctly, I had these dreams before I'd even heard of war.

I guess so many people were killed in bombings, it's not too far-fetched to think it could have been a past life.

The dreams stopped many years ago, although I do still occasionally dream of 'something' coming to get us. And not being able to escape it because it is too big. Normally I wake up before I find out what 'it' is!

Squatch
Old 26-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Iskandar

Glad to see I'm not alone with these kind of dreams.
Old 26-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Did you have any other type of past life memories? Do you get any feelings when you hear bombs dropping in war movies or gunshots...or?

Hiya Kerry

I've had numerous visions. Two were my dying moments. Oddly enough, they are both about war!

One was in a cockpit of a WWII bomber (oh, the irony!). I'd been shot down and felt the heat and suffocation of an enclosed space. Also, the smell of burning metal and flesh was strong.

I have an irrational fear of fire in this life. However, I don't suffer from claustrophobia (which you might assume given the tiny space I was in).

The other had me as a general (or someone who was in command of his men). I was at the top of a tree in a desert and parched to death. My last dying thought was that I'd let down my men badly.

I was blond, good-looking and possibly in Africa. In my thirties. It's amazing what is revealed to you without actually working it out. All those things were obvious to me during the vision.

Funnily enough, when I was young I would drink very little - my parents even called me a camel.

Squatch
Old 27-11-2010, 01:36 AM
KerryK

Sounds to me like you may well have been in the African campaign for sure. That you feel you let your men down would be incredible pain, and that too can be why you brought that with you to this life or through your other lives. Those are the kinds of things I would think would stick with you, even seared into your soul for sure. Have you researched that north Africa battles?

Do you suppose that we remember these moments so vividly because they were so violent? And with that mentality of war, being proud to serve and though scared out of our wits, we still have this attachment to why we're there because we want to save our loved ones, that we do remember them that much more. ?
I know mine was a violent end...and like you, my memories of smells are very real! I can still smell mud, sweat, cigarette smoke, gunpowder and death.

Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya Kerry

I've had numerous visions. Two were my dying moments. Oddly enough, they are both about war!

One was in a cockpit of a WWII bomber (oh, the irony!). I'd been shot down and felt the heat and suffocation of an enclosed space. Also, the smell of burning metal and flesh was strong.

I have an irrational fear of fire in this life. However, I don't suffer from claustrophobia (which you might assume given the tiny space I was in).

The other had me as a general (or someone who was in command of his men). I was at the top of a tree in a desert and parched to death. My last dying thought was that I'd let down my men badly.

I was blond, good-looking and possibly in Africa. In my thirties. It's amazing what is revealed to you without actually working it out. All those things were obvious to me during the vision.

Funnily enough, when I was young I would drink very little - my parents even called me a camel.

Squatch