Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 01-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Healthy Energy foods & drinks ?

On occasion I wake up with totally no energy at all .... not the best way to start the day.

Any suggestions for healthy energy foods or drinks that you like or have tried, and that actually energize a person ?

thanks,
Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 02-04-2015, 02:28 AM
Master
What’s your typical diet..? Usually when people complain of low energy is due to their diet and lifestyle not being compatible. Technically the energy your body runs off is called ATP in short, and you make this from amino-acids from protein, glucose from carbohydrates and you need minerals to spark the whole enzymatic process.

But I doubt you have a bad diet, so I have to take into consideration that you are a woman because this is not uncommon situation.

Women in general suffer from mineral loss, due to being more susceptible to stress and your body each month loses Iron, Zinc and Magnesium in larger amounts when compared to men due to menstrual cycles.

It does no matter how much protein, carbohydrates or vitamins you consume. If you are deficient in minerals, which act as a catalyst/spark to all your cells within your body! If you are deficient in these minerals you will feel fatigued!

So what you are saying now is not uncommon, women in general suffer more bouts of fatigue and low energy due to the extra work your body has to do to maintain homeostasis.

Without changing your whole diet, Cashew Nuts are good for women. Because they have Iron and plenty of Zinc/magnesium in them. They also contain protein and carbohydrates, which all work together to produce energy within your cells. Magnesium is very for energy production, without these mineral cells can’t actually create ATP which is the fuel they run off.

Also I suggest you buy some Himalayan salt, and use it when you are cooking.

Here is an article to outline just afew benefits, instead of me writing too much.

http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/

Acai Berrys, again full of vitamins, minerals and strangely enough for a berry amino-acids/protein.

Kelp, Chlorella whole foods like that. But I doubt you would enjoy eating those foods Adrienne (I don’t eat them), so that is why I just suggested easy foods to eat like Cashew Nuts and Acai Berry’s that you can maybe mix in with your breakfast.......it's easy for you to implement.

I would not really advise anybody to drink commercial energy drinks, but you could make yourself some Green Juices from spinach, kale mix it up with some fruit or whatever. These Green leafy vegetables are high in Coq10 which is another substance which helps generation ATP, somewhere within the biochemistry of that process.

I hope this helps.

Eat some Dark chocolate aswell, its really good for you.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:21 AM
L plate

Water,half hot water half cold or chilled,or cold chilled and carbonated,energy drink for champions.
Juls
Old 02-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks Juls, interesting combination on the hot and cold water. Who would have thought to mix the two?

Expect Miracles !

Old 02-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Hey Tiger, my diet probably isn't the healthiest. And this lack of energy isn't related to female issues, but thanks for the mention of the possibility.

I do take a few vitamins and yes, I know better to get the vitamins from the source than to take a pill. I do like spinach and I eat that often, actually I prefer spinach to lettuce salads.

Cashew nuts and dark chocolate, no problem adding more of those to the diet, lol .... especially the dark chocolate

Interesting you should mention the Himalayan salt. Just the other day when I was shopping some jars of Pink Himalayan salt caught my attention, but I wasn't sure what to do with them ? a case of subtle manifestation ? telling me that I needed some ?

Green Smoothies, I can do that, thanks for your suggestions and the link !

Expect Miracles !

Old 02-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Hey Tiger, my diet probably isn't the healthiest. And this lack of energy isn't related to female issues, but thanks for the mention of the possibility.

I do take a few vitamins and yes, I know better to get the vitamins from the source than to take a pill. I do like spinach and I eat that often, actually I prefer spinach to lettuce salads.

Cashew nuts and dark chocolate, no problem adding more of those to the diet, lol .... especially the dark chocolate

Interesting you should mention the Himalayan salt. Just the other day when I was shopping some jars of Pink Himalayan salt caught my attention, but I wasn't sure what to do with them ? a case of subtle manifestation ? telling me that I needed some ?

Green Smoothies, I can do that, thanks for your suggestions and the link !

Yes that's it Pink Himalayan salt, just use it as you would normal salt. There is also Celtic salt, which i guess you might already have maybe. These salts both contain the same minerals, and Iodine which is another mineral which helps the metabolism of energy! refined salt does have iodine in it, but all the other minerals have been refined out! and sometimes i wonder what these people in labs do, i wonder if its even iodine in regular table salt.

But you see, salt technically are like miniature crystals and i believe Himalayan Salt improves the conductivity of electricity between your cells. Your body loves minerals, craves them. And in comparison to Celtic/sea salt Himalayan Salt is more bio available to your body and needs less digestion due to its molecule composition in short.

I suggest you just put Himalayan Salt on your foods, but don't throw it on your food while your cooking! only when you have finished. Because the salt will react with the metals of the pan, and in short you don't really want that.

Also if you wanted to take a protein shake, i suggest you buy some Hemp Protein contains everything, hemp along with foods like Chlorella and help are natures perfect foods. But you don't have to do this, you could just buy some hemp seeds. I have seen massive bags of them in health food stores.....but probably not the most enjoyable food for you to eat.

http://www.goodhempnutrition.com/con...s-hemp-protein

Also look into purchasing oils such as Red Palm oil for cooking & coconut oil. Oils such as Hemp Oil you can use to season your food, different types of fats are better for cooking than others due to their composition.

And make sure you drink plenty of water, we can go for weeks without food. But only afew days without water.

Subtle manifestations: I was researching Himalayan sea salt last week. I was looking at that link i gave you.......

I would say to buy it, maybe it was your intuition pointing your towards it. Its nice to look at like...

Yeh love me some Dark chocolote..
Old 02-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Good info to know on the Pink Himalayan Salt and not to use it in the cooking, but afterwards. I really don't use salt in/ or on anything. I may give this a try, thanks. Yes, on the decorative look too ...

I remember going into a health food store with a friend of mine, she was buying what I thought were the most unusual things, lol. None of it even looked or sounded good but perhaps one shouldn't judge by the names or the looks, but the health benefits.... still, takes a little getting used to.

and those chia seeds, lol ..... all I can think of are the little plants they advertise on tv. I just can't imagine putting them in a food or drink

Expect Miracles !

Old 02-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Good info to know on the Pink Himalayan Salt and not to use it in the cooking, but afterwards. I really don't use salt in/ or on anything. I may give this a try, thanks. Yes, on the decorative look too ...

I remember going into a health food store with a friend of mine, she was buying what I thought were the most unusual things, lol. None of it even looked or sounded good but perhaps one shouldn't judge by the names or the looks, but the health benefits.... still, takes a little getting used to.

and those chia seeds, lol ..... all I can think of are the little plants they advertise on tv. I just can't imagine putting them in a food or drink

Yeh just use the Pink Himalayan Salt here and there, when you want to. I eat dark chocolate sometimes after training, and i might buy a massive bag of cashew nuts. Yes i think sometimes in health, if you get to deep into it! you can just go around and around in circles there are so many foods, fruits, and herbs with a claim. Its best to always just stick to the basics, you can't go wrong with whole foods and keeping check on water intake.

And yes there are some unusual things, some people love it.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Deactivated Account

I like the idea of sticking with the basics and the water, I will leave the unusual items for others to enjoy . Something for everyone ! Thanks for your input Tiger.

Expect Miracles !

Old 02-04-2015, 09:34 PM
L plate

Eat as much as like recipe,promotes good health,detox,and promotes meditation during the meal.
Fry onions until golden brown,add finely chopped veggies,whatever is in the fridge,I use cauliflower,chinese cabbage,mushroom,sometimes add chilli and capsicum.Cook in pot on low with lid.The open 1-2 cans red kidney beans,rinse under tap,drain,add half to pot,the remainder blend with hand mixer in the can with water and vinegar.Wine vinegar and or balsamic,about half a cup,salt to taste.Add to pot,that's it,ready to eat when comes to boil.
Turkish bread,I use Afghan bread,warmed.
Eat as much as you like.
Juls