Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 28-09-2013, 05:28 PM
keith95843

what would the world be like

If all the people lived as our native people did ?.... your comments please
Old 28-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Master

It depends on which perception of Native Americans one has.

(Research it) They were highly skilled horticulturalists and if all people learnt to work the land as they did, the world would be a garden, covered with an abundance of crops and orchards.

If 'you' subscribe to the Hollywood image of the efficient hunter then if all people lived like that, well with 7.1 billion people on the planet all wildlife would be wiped out within weeks.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
It depends on which perception of Native Americans one has.

(Research it) They were highly skilled horticulturalists and if all people learnt to work the land as they did, the world would be a garden, covered with an abundance of crops and orchards.

If 'you' subscribe to the Hollywood image of the efficient hunter then if all people lived like that, well with 7.1 billion people on the planet all wildlife would be wiped out within weeks.
. Most indoginious people world wide do hunt. And do gather. And many grow as well. As the way population is now its impossible to hunt and gather. Had we lived in those ways population would of nevergone beyond what was sustainable to support life in those ways.

Your posts are always lopsided when it comes to anything to do with eating meat. I'm not even sure why I'm making this post. Your agenda is always crystal clear imo.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 28-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running

1) Most indoginious people world wide do hunt. And do gather. And many grow as well. As the way population is now its impossible to hunt and gather. Had we lived in those ways population would of nevergone beyond what was sustainable to support life in those ways.

2) Your posts are always lopsided when it comes to anything to do with eating meat. I'm not even sure why I'm making this post. Your agenda is always crystal clear imo.

1) That wasn't the question though was it.

2) Compassion is what runs through all my posts. Something which sadly seems to be lacking in the posts of certain others.

And you have your own agenda. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but whatever it is, no matter who you are or what 'you' subscribe to, without love 'you' won't be travelling very far along the spiritual path, and hard-heartedness only leads to the ditch.
The message given by every spiritual Master and teacher of the Light. The message we all have to learn.

Old 28-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
1) That wasn't the question though was it.

2) Compassion is what runs through all my posts. Something which sadly seems to be lacking in the posts of certain others.

And you have your own agenda. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but whatever it is, no matter who you are or what 'you' subscribe to, without love 'you' won't be travelling very far along the spiritual path, and hard-heartedness only leads to the ditch.
The message given by every spiritual Master and teacher of the Light. The message we all have to learn.

Well that makes two of us not knowing my agenda. Living is enough for me.

Insinuating hunting is out of Hollywood seemed pretty lopsided to me. It was agenda based imo. Im pretty sure hunting is a wayof getting food for most indoginious societys.As far as I'm concerned your idea of what love is doesn't make it everybody's. Just yours. You can save the preaching for someone else. More of that agenda it seems to me.. Perhaps I'm just not tolerant to it. Lol

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 29-09-2013, 05:01 AM
livingkarma

For better understanding of where you're coming from ...
Would you kindly elaborate on your thoughts when asking this question ...
Thanks!
Old 29-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith95843
If all the people lived as our native people did ?.... your comments please
There would be no pollution, no environmental emergency and no over population. The earth cannot support modern man; we were made to live as the original inhabitants of North America did.
Old 29-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Well that makes two of us not knowing my agenda. Living is enough for me.

Insinuating hunting is out of Hollywood seemed pretty lopsided to me. It was agenda based imo. Im pretty sure hunting is a wayof getting food for most indoginious societys.As far as I'm concerned your idea of what love is doesn't make it everybody's. Just yours. You can save the preaching for someone else. More of that agenda it seems to me.. Perhaps I'm just not tolerant to it. Lol

1) If you don't know where you're going, how will you get there?

2) There is only one way up....

Old 29-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Master

They were at war with each other constantly. They left their old at the edge of the village to die of exposure and hunger. The women were more servants than mates in most tribes but not all. They would permanently kick a member of the tribe out for breaking the rules. They took slaves into their tribes to live out their lives working in very hard conditions.

Female members of the tribe were married off as young children, and yes, expected to preform sex with their husbands at 10 or 12 years of age. A husband could and would "divorce" himself from a wife if he didn't like or want her anymore. And if the husband did divorce himself from a wife she might never see her children again. And she was expected to survive the best she could; a woman's survival was dependent on having a husband that could take care of her and provide her with food and shelter.

Many tribes were at the point of starvation during the winter because they did not have the tools, horses or access to the land necessary to feed their children.

No, I don't think I would like to live in this harsh environment.
Old 29-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
There would be no pollution, no environmental emergency and no over population. The earth cannot support modern man; we were made to live as the original inhabitants of North America did.

Don't you mean as the original inhabitants of Israel as mentioned in your signature? That would be a garden paradise, in true harmony with nature.