Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 24-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelDancer
Often Shamans are selected by their communities to fill the role of Shaman. A Shaman, in my tradition, is a healer, seer, adviser and great counselor who communicates with spirits and helps the community and its seekers find their own life paths. The Shaman's initiation is intense and dangerous, and involves a process of Shamanic death and rebirth. Shamans are required to do their own personal journey work too, and in that sense, Shamanism is personal. Your lessons and journeys are personal, and they speak to you and your soul of growth, new direction, and healing.

Your interpretation seems to make more sense. Thank you.
Old 25-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
In Mexico I think they are sometimes called Naguals. Maybe some cultures call them devas or angels. A shaman without a name is an interesting idea. There is always some difference in the name assigned to something and the something itself.

there is a lot of debate about what a shaman is

the short of it is that it is a misused term

I prefer the word 'medium' because it cuts to the foundation of what a shaman is more rather than does, without needing to 'serve' others

Here is what I relate to..

Korean Shamanism benefits a lot from honest humility

being a shaman is edit hard. face it.
disturbing to say the least

The important thing to recognize is that those who are called must accept their lot or face punishment and pain in general from denying it

Edit by SF Staff

Last edited by Kaere : 25-07-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 25-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Kali

i believe that shamans are old sould u could say or strong spirits what doesn't kill u only makes u stronger, so thous who can not handle very intense metal pain simply wont be a shaman and those who can will constantly be tested but will have extream clarity when it comes to most things wich will come as a breath of fresh air making it easier on them a sort of awakening after awakening after awakening untill the edges of the material reality just fade and energies become more and more prominent, they become very seculded and even alone and left out :( hard to find people to relate to or that even believe them haha. hopefully 2012 will produse more, btw anyone seen terrence mckenna? this vid will really help to understand shamanism its really really good i recommend it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEglH...ure=plpp_video