Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Knower
Attraction VS Wanting

After about 25 or so years, I'm sort of coming around again into this whole spiritual development business, and I'm wondering if any of you would like to share your thoughts on the differences between wanting things and the law of attraction - or attracting the things you want to you.

As I understand it, wanting something - anything - is about as valuable and important and meaningful as a grain of sand (nothing against sand).

Person one - I want yada yada.
Person two - Good for you. And?

Wanting doesn't accomplish anything. It isn't an action. But the law of attraction? Is that - if one knows how to do it - an action? It seems like the word attract is at the very least, related to an action.

Thoughts?
Old 28-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
After about 25 or so years, I'm sort of coming around again into this whole spiritual development business, and I'm wondering if any of you would like to share your thoughts on the differences between wanting things and the law of attraction - or attracting the things you want to you.

As I understand it, wanting something - anything - is about as valuable and important and meaningful as a grain of sand (nothing against sand).

Wanting doesn't accomplish anything. It isn't an action. But the law of attraction? Is that - if one knows how to do it - an action? It seems like the word attract is at the very least, related to an action.

Thoughts?

just out of curiosity, do you find yourself trying to attract things you don't want?

But wanting is often the driving force behind everything else. You want something then you set a goal to get it then you look for tools to help you achieve your goal. This is the whole point of life in the western world, make a dream and try to achieve it, then take a vacation before you die.

For many people involved in LOA, it just seems to be used as a means to an end...
Old 28-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Master
The lower self or ego says what it wants. The higher self knows what it needs. Alignment with the higher self, attracts what is needed.
Old 28-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Master

Quote:
It seems like the word attract is at the very least, related to an action.

Your desires are far more powerful than any action you can ever take, they are what makes up the entirety of you, they are at the core of the source energy that flows to you, through you, and beyond you, and any action that is not in alignment with this will do one thing only, restrict this flow of energy from flowing through you and beyond you, and in that you are restricting yourself from being all that you can be, and living the life you desire to have. So it is more a question of allowing all that you want in, and surf on the inspiration that comes in the wake of your desires, than trying to run around and creating a bunch of stuff from scratch
Old 28-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Experiencer
Law of attraction is for me more like charisma than wanting.
You want something and you put it out when you know it is going forward and it will happen to you or you will get thoughts, feelings, outside information what is going on or lacking about what you want, so law of attraction usually doesn't give you direct opportunity to get something but shows or opens you a way and that is up to you if you know how to grab it.
Old 28-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

Thoughts?
Your energy is what attracts things to you so discerning where you're at vibrationally would help with attracting what you prefer. So if you're in a good feeling place, a place of appreciation and allowing you could be INSPIRED into action that will lead you to what you desire. Its the inspired action that comes from an alignment with your inner being.

To want something though has an element of knowing something is missing or absent in your reality and so to focus on that "missing" energy attracts more of the same....that something will continue to be missing. The difference seems quite subtle so boils down to keen awareness of where your thoughts and emotions are.

Both are in a sense actions but one is wanted and the other not....so its up to us to keep up with where our focus of attention is, do we mainly focus on lack or abundance? And are we in a state of allowing/trust/faith... or control?

LoA is constant, theres no off switch, you will always be in a constant state of creating your reality whether you're consciously aware of it or not. The teaching though tells us we can choose deliberately but its not about making a list of wants and dont wants, its more about choosing to be in an appreciative and allowing state or not. To be in alignment with the pure positive energy of our higher self, inner being..... which seems to be the only action we need to take, all else will fall into place effortlessly.
Old 28-05-2017, 09:36 PM
Master

Know you have power!
Old 28-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:

Thoughts?

In my opinion sitting on my butt "attracting" all I want to me is the same as sitting on my butt and thinking about all I desire.
In a metaphor, it's basically the same street, or 2 sides of the same coin. One is going one direction, the other is the other direction. heads tails, etc.

Also it's not a law of anything. I think some one just put it there because they were a VERY strong believer in the idea.

What comes to my mind is this. When you get a new car, you suddenly see that car everywhere right. When you constantly think about attracting something, doesn't it make sense that a person would see it more frequently when they go out? If they then acted when they saw it, it would be very easy to believe it was from the attracting and not their actions. But in my eyes it's always the actions. First the action to think about it, the action to go out and put the self in situations where it can appear, and the action to make it happen when the opportunity is finally ripe.
Old 28-05-2017, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Know you have power!

oh yeah. Anybody who doesn't know it gonna catch deez hands.

*puts fists up*
lol
Old 28-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
just out of curiosity, do you find yourself trying to attract things you don't want?

For many people involved in LOA, it just seems to be used as a means to an end...

I don't try to attract anything - especially things I don't want. Trying to attract something doesn't resonate as the proper way to 'do it'. It seems like becoming a more aware and patient person might - as a result - also make me a recipient of the law of attraction. Maybe it works for everyone all the time.

I really don't know. That's probably obvious by the words I'm grasping at.