Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 22-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Experiencer
What does it mean?

When you were once so in love with someone and now you can't even stand being in the same room with them?
Old 23-01-2017, 01:57 AM
Suspended
Guide

Thrill is gone ...

Something is bothering you about this person ...
Either work it out or terminate the relationship ...
Old 23-01-2017, 09:31 AM
Guide
Your post reminded of a scene from the film The Beach ...

“When you develop an infatuation for someone you always find a reason to believe that this is exactly the person for you. It doesn’t need to be a good reason. Taking photographs of the night sky, for example. Now, in the long run, that’s just the kind of dumb, irritating habit that would cause you to split up. But in the haze of infatuation, it’s just what you’ve been searching for all these years.”

― Alex Garland, The Beach

Patrycia
Old 23-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalTrav
When you were once so in love with someone and now you can't even stand being in the same room with them?
It means it is time to cut your losses and severe the ties.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Angry is it love or NEED?

Quote:
What most folks call "love" is actually NEED so, this so-called love dies the moment your NEEDS are no longer being met. The other reason love dies is because very few of us were ever taught HOW to keep a relationship alive and well so, the moment problems arise, we fight, leave or just give up all because we have no idea how to make the union work.
Either way, ignorance and/or a lack of skills kills the union and most of us will BLAME the other one for the failure.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Deactivated Account
the NEEDY ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
Your post reminded of a scene from the film The Beach ...

“When you develop an infatuation for someone you always find a reason to believe that this is exactly the person for you. It doesn’t need to be a good reason. Taking photographs of the night sky, for example. Now, in the long run, that’s just the kind of dumb, irritating habit that would cause you to split up. But in the haze of infatuation, it’s just what you’ve been searching for all these years.”

― Alex Garland, The Beach

Patrycia
LOL, I'd rewrite that like this.......
When you develop an intense NEED for someone you always find a reason to believe that this is exactly the person who can and will fulfill your (ego's) NEEDS. It doesn’t need to be a good reason so long as your NEEDS might be met! Taking photographs of the night sky, for example. Now, in the long run, that’s just the kind of dumb, irritating habit that would cause you to split up if you are lacking the adequate relationship skills to deal with dumb,irritating habits. But in the haze of your desperate egoic NEEDS, it’s just what you’ve been searching for all these years due to several faults and flaws in your fragile, NEEDY ego. Your own NEEDINESS,will kill the union faster than any dumb, irritating habits!
Old 11-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
What most folks call "love" is actually NEED so, this so-called love dies the moment your NEEDS are no longer being met. The other reason love dies is because very few of us were ever taught HOW to keep a relationship alive and well so, the moment problems arise, we fight, leave or just give up all because we have no idea how to make the union work.
Either way, ignorance and/or a lack of skills kills the union and most of us will BLAME the other one for the failure.

PERFECTLY PUT!!! Too bad we (as in me) have to "mess up" to realize this. For one my siblings and I had zero clue about good relationships and how to keep them working!
Old 14-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
It means people change. No compromise was possible. People get carried away with romancing and desire. When the romance is exhausted it's time to move on.

Old 14-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi GalTrav

To me, it means you are lucky to have found why the two of you were connected in the first place.

I believe that the people we meet in life, is helping us by being the projection of either what we want for ourselves or what we do not want.

We just sometimes forget, that the part we do not want, is already part of us, just the part we do not want to recognize being there.

To me, it means that you no longer need this person projecting this part of you, because you have now seen it.

It is now up to you if you will use this knowledge to work within, to accept it being part of you and to learn to love this part of you as well. It does not mean you will ever have to act or use this side of you, if you do not wish to.

You can also choose to not accept this side of you and will most likely find that later in life you will "meet the situation again" dressed as a different situation or relationship.
Old 14-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 No BLAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce
For one my siblings and I had zero clue about good relationships and how to keep them working!
Same here.
Our very inadequate parents completely FAILED all 3 of us! Of course their parents FAILED them and on and on, so who or what is to BLAME???
Since "blaming" accomplishes nothing, I have turned to newer and better teachers and role models than those who did such a poor job of raising us kids. This is not about BLAMING parents or anyone else........it's about correcting the problems that we inherited from our very inadequate and emotionally "damaged" predecessors.
God bless the child who finds healing from the past!