Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 18-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Newbie ;)

at a point in my spiritual journey where i dont know where to go

i have been meditating every day for about 3 months now, 30 minutes to an hour for each session. i can say i have definitely changed a lot with the way i think and percieve things. but i have always had trouble opening my chakras and my kundalini. to the point where it feels like im not getting anywhere with my spiritual journey. ive been trying to open all of my chakras starting with my root chakra for the past 2 months but nothing has really happened. so i have mainly been focusing on my third eye chakra, trying to open it up. but nothing is happening? every time i meditate, i always go into a deep meditation to the point where i see shapes and colors and my body goes completely numb. i know the third eye opening is a process, but am i getting anywhere?
Old 18-01-2017, 12:19 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeyeblind22
i have been meditating every day for about 3 months now, 30 minutes to an hour for each session. i can say i have definitely changed a lot with the way i think and percieve things. but i have always had trouble opening my chakras and my kundalini. to the point where it feels like im not getting anywhere with my spiritual journey. ive been trying to open all of my chakras starting with my root chakra for the past 2 months but nothing has really happened. so i have mainly been focusing on my third eye chakra, trying to open it up. but nothing is happening? every time i meditate, i always go into a deep meditation to the point where i see shapes and colors and my body goes completely numb. i know the third eye opening is a process, but am i getting anywhere?

Hello Thirdeye,
I just wanted to say firstly well done for sticking with the meditation. I am hoping to be doing the same soon, always been rubbish to date and only really done guided ones on an erratic basis.

I am sorry you feel so stuck, and I hope that my thoughts on the matter may help you in some way.
Have you been considering the physical aspects that influence our chakras too ? The mind and the body working together should bring positive results.

From the food you are eating (and even what colours they are) can help balance the chakras, how you are expressing yourself creatively, what type of exercise/how much , time spent outdoors in the fresh air, how you express and share your feelings to others, your general environment even. It is all about finding that balance.And even making seemingly small changes can help so much.
Also may be worth considering if you haven't already, having some healing/ holistic therapy from a reputable person as that should help to balance your system as a whole too and to help let go of what you don't need, allowing the energy to flow more freely again.
I can personally recommend reflexology in particular, as the whole body is accessed through the feet, you will experience a deep relaxation potentially never felt before and when the body and mind are relaxed this is when the self healing starts to take place. and in your particular case the Pineal gland is worked on as part of a treatment, and this could assist with the third eye opening although it may need to be unblocked and cleansed first.
Also this may be why it is not opening as you feel it should ? and will most probably only start to open when the conditions are right for you ?
Processed foods are particularly damaging to our Chakra health as you know, but also fluoride in water/ toothpaste can cause damage long term and has been proved to 'dumb down' our senses and in particular the consciousness as expressed through the intuitive and psychic self.

I wish you all the best and feel free to PM me at any time. I am genuinely be interested to know how you get on and also maybe you can help me knuckle down to some meditation.
Love and light.
Sarah xx
Old 19-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Knower
Quote:

Have you tried some letting go meditation type ? The Kundalini is an intelligent force inherent in everyone. One may pray to kundalini shakti as the force of evolution in the universe and stay open to the process unfolding. Sometimes the "trying" is the obstacle. "Awakening Shakti" by Sally Kempton have some interesting ways to open to the Shakti and Divine feminine, in the opening chapters. The path of chakras is Tantric path. Sometimes a balance between surrrender to the divine shakti coupled with our own will is needed. Our own will is btw an aspect of the shakti, as the tantrics say. The inner Soul knows what to do.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:35 AM
bartholomew

Quote:

Spiritual growth is not concerned with opening charkras and beginning kundalini flow. Those things will happen in their own time. Pay no attention to chakras. Their purpose is to interconnect all the various subtle bodies. If you feel good about yourself and are hurting no one else your chakras are in fine condition and need no attention from a practitioner. You will never have any problems with them. Kundalini is a little different. It will open normally only after the student learns to raise his or her consciousness to above the solar plexus. This means that if you want kundalini you are expressing from the solar plexus since this is the center of desire. Eliminate wanting and see what happens. Behave first as though it is already a fact and it will be. When the time is correct it will happen naturally. You may feel something but probably not because you will have already earned by virtue of years of hard work in disciplining your lower mind the ability to use it once it is open.

Do not think of spirituality as though it were an ordinary scholastic pursuit. It is not. It is about more than intellectuality. Spiritual advancement is not a thing which the ordinary mind can mandate. It is not an ability. It is a result. The most important thing is a firm sense of humility and harmlessness to all others.

In your meditations you see geometric shapes. Are they passing your field of view from left to right? This is good. You are developing vision on the ethereal plane in this. It is done via your third eye. It is good but it is not enough. Devote yourself to service to others. Deny your human inclination to want spiritual advancement. Instead do those things that Masters do. Serve the less fortunate never asking anything in return. The spiritual master is an agent of God, to the Earth, nothing less.

In the history of the world the spiritually advanced have always lived lives of denial. They did not want things. They have cared nothing for titles. Instead they acted every day as though they were already at the goal. This is all that is necessary

We hope that you will find this post acceptable.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:37 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
i have been meditating every day for about 3 months now, 30 minutes to an hour for each session. i can say i have definitely changed a lot with the way i think and percieve things. but i have always had trouble opening my chakras and my kundalini. to the point where it feels like im not getting anywhere with my spiritual journey.

I do not associate "spiritual progress" with chakras and kundalini. These are by-products of what may be, but are by no means the journey of true love and peace, which is what we all ultimately desire.

I hope you find peace, thirdeyeblind22
Old 13-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Pathfinder
i personally don't believe that by opening chakras , seeing auras and developing psychic abilities renders one not progressing in spiritual enlightenment. Such acts can be done by anyone even by a person with ill intent. So do not beat yourself even if you do not master such acts in the time frame you would have set upon yourself for spiritual enlightenment is when you seek to do more good to yourself and others. I used to think that if i do an evil act my abilities would subside, but till now it they work whether im in a good mood or not my third eye works all the time. Opening chakras is mostly about your state of mind .
Old 16-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

I'm not an expert, I'm still learning, so I don't have the answers you may be looking for. I'm 52 and have been meditating for a long time and to be honest, I don't know if my chakras are open, closed, or out to lunch. I don't concern myself with these things. Things will happen in due time, relax, and move forward. Perhaps you not feeling your chakras open IS part of your journey.

Enjoy the moment, be thankful, you are a valued person.
Old 17-02-2017, 07:30 AM
Knower

Quote:

Meditation about three months is for nothing. I recomend you trasnlantion original eastern autors about chakras. See books by Arthur Avalon (John Woodroffe) there are translantion original texts abput Chakras, Sat chakra Nirupana, Paduka panchaka, The serpent power. And The secret of the golden flower by Richard Willhelm. If you want to awaken Kundalini, you must clear chakras, so that the kundalini can flow out. Not open. Opening chakra take a years meditation about a one chakra only. But it have nothing with Kundalini.
Old 16-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:

You are exactly where you are meant to be!
Right at this moment in time you are where you should be,yes,that simple!

Regards Billy.
Old 26-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

You lack expansion and creation. These colors and shapes are existing for new existence, creation. Like tools and puzzle pieces are meant to be used to create something else. Learn to astral project. Expand on the idea of reincarnation, and what even is your consciousness, what is the body? Maybe you have mastered your visualization through meditation, but have lacked enough focus on your chakras. Try something physical, since chakras are pretty physical. Try some tai chi, yoga, exercise, or go for a hike in the woods and imagine the sun and trees filling your chakras with natural, pure, cleansing, and energizing energy.