Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 07-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Master
Do you think this could be true, Jesus recommending us to abstain from meat?

I was reading in another thread someone posted about the gospel of Peace that was found in the Vatican and read some of it and saw in it stuff about not eating meat.

http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/peace4.html

"First shall the Son of Man seek peace with his own body; for his body is as a mountain pond that reflects the sun when it is still and clear; but when it is full of mud and stones, it reflects nothing. First must Satan be cast out of the body, that the angels of God may enter again and dweh therein. Truly, no peace can reign in the body unless it is as a temple of the Holy Law. Therefore, when he who suffers with pains and grievous plagues asks for your help, tell him to renew himself with fasting and with prayer. Tell him to invoke the angel of sun, the angel of water, and the angel of air, that they may enter his body and cast out of it the power of Satan. Show him the baptism within, and the baptism without. Tell him always to eat of the table of our Earthly Mother, spread with her gifts: the fruits of the trees, the grasses of the fields, the milk of beasts good for eating, and the honey of bees. He shall not invoke the power of Satan by eating the flesh of bea sts, for he who kills, kills his brother, and whoso eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats the body of death. Tell him to prepare his food with the fire of life, not the fire of death, for the living angels of the living God serve only living men.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:39 AM
lucky

Yes indeed. A person of Jesus Christ stature and high consciousness who treasures even a lost lamb to hold gently in his hand, would not have called the foul blood and flesh of the same animal in the dinner plate a delicacy.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Guide
Possibly...
Plus the bible said "Thou shall not kill"
It didn't say
"Thou shall not *kill
*kill humans that is."

Here's some websites about that..
http://www.jesusveg.com/
http://www.jewishveg.com/

And this is an informative video about it and the "jesus gave them fish" thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv3uU2YY6pM

"The Greek word for "fish weed" (a dried seaweed) has been mistranslated in stories as "fish".
Furthermore, the Bible was altered at The Council of Nicea."
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Master
Jesus lived in an arid Israel, which was very different from today's..

He probably ate some meat whenever he could get it, as grains were the staple diet and that seems rather poor to sustain a traveller.
We know the fish story.. and yes it could very well not be literal, but the fact that it is mentioned (and not 2 apples) says enough.. it means it was acceptable to eat fish.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Master
Who really cares what Jesus ate, its what you want to eat that matters, it should be your choice, chosen through your own inner spiritual development, we have to stop this wanting to be like some so called god-man of the distance past, its the only way we can ever grow and mature spiritually.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 AM
lucky

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Who really cares what Jesus ate, its what you want to eat that matters, it should be your choice, chosen through your own inner spiritual development, we have to stop this wanting to be like some so called god-man of the distance past, its the only way we can ever grow and mature spiritually.

Bravo.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Ascender

Animals kill animals and so forth. Part of the cycle of life, I guess.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Time

Funny, concidering genesis tells us to eat EVERYTHING ( with respect)

Yet another contradiction!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 AM
mattie

One BIG SatanFest

Just because someone claimed these were Jesus’ words doesn’t mean they were.

In his time & for 100s of years afterwards there were competing Christian sects vying for control. Primacy was important, very contested & they all, no doubt, produced documents to legitimize their particular group & convince the public to follow them. Serious Christian biblical scholars have determined that many things attributed to Jesus in religious documents including the Bible weren’t his words.

I would use the utmost discernment w/ any document that contained these ‘Satan’ references. That we are told eating meat will ‘invoke the power of Satan’ is utterly absurd in my opinion. Does the bear summon Satan when it snags a fish?

Do the angels serve the ‘living God’ or ‘living men?’ If they ‘serve’ ‘living men’ does this cut God out of the loop? One usually need not look deeply to see glaring contradictions in this type of document.

The real message here is FEAR SATAN.

‘First must Satan be cast out of the body’
‘cast out of it the power of Satan’
“He shall not invoke the power of Satan by’

These references are intended to convince us that we are inherently harboring Satan & should be fearful of this powerful demon. This is one of the many tactics used to insure loyalty to the political-religious bureaucracy. Going to hell was another.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Master
I realized much later after I posted this and researched more that the Essene gospels of peace where I got that from are fairly dodgey. I think they are more of a 20th century work than a legit one. It appears the original translated documents seem to have disappeared. Who knows the catholics could have hid them..or they never existed.

I originally posted this without knowledge of its authenticity as a reliable document. I was wondering if anyone knew about it. I only saw it for the first time when I posted it.
From my vegetarian point of view I loved it. it sounded good to me... a couple of parts still do.
I wish it was fully legit.