Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 20-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Experiencer
Doreen Virtue quits New Age

Doreen Virtue is an American author who has written over 50 books on the subject of angels and other spiritual topics. I'm sure most of you are aware of her.

She recently apologised for teaching such things.

I don't know if this has already been posted somewhere? Here's one of the videos on youtube about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgUDwzlF_KU

I'm sharing it for anyone who has some troubles about angels, like not being sure are they angels and things like that.

I'm not judging. Feel free to comment the video.
Old 20-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Master
I think a lot of the "teachers" of new age have something in their ego that drives them to "be someone" this actually should exclude them as a teacher as they obviously don't get it themselves.

I don't think it says anything about the path just that she was on the wrong one for her. I wish her well.
Old 20-05-2018, 10:59 PM
Knower

Yes, there are actually many proponents
of the New Age that are now resigning.

One of the problems with the "New Age"
is that it does not discuss Dark Occultism
or the dark side of the spirit realm at all.
I believe it also has to do with individuals
that do not approach the subject in it's
entirety while misinterpreting & inaccurately
applying concepts to their life.
As all fields of study are interrelated,
I also suspect that many of them are
suffering from severe imbalances,
most notably within the psyche.

I recommend looking at Steven Bancarz
as well, he was the founder of the Higher
Perspective website/social forum and
his story actually is a perfect antidote as
to what happens when one follows the
"New Age" while still operating from
latent conditioning & hardwiring.

Beautiful soul, but made the mistake of
following another mainstream institutionalized
"Movement" without fully understanding
the material or their relationship with it.
Old 20-05-2018, 11:18 PM
Master
The funny thing about it is, she has an angelic background.
When I came across one of her books in the early 2000th, I knew it had very little to do with facts. Still I was asked to buy the book. I ended up on one of her message boards through the book. Thank you Doreen, I am still in contact with many of those after more then 15 years.
It was a great time, we were very rebellious to a degree that Doreen closed the board at some point and we created our own board. Not very active any longer. I think we discussed every possible subject backwards and forwards. And people from the outside had a hard time connecting with the group.
According to information I received, she was meant to change course at some point in her teachings, after attracting a great audience. Go into more depth. Which she never did. For what ever reason, she never got that message. To much money, glory? Eating humble pie is always a great lesson.
Old 21-05-2018, 12:41 AM
Master
Thanks for sharing that info and link lilith, interesting story, and she speaks well.
Old 21-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Master
i do hav lot of her decs of tarrtotss i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 21-05-2018, 05:30 PM
Master
I bought a couple of her books that helped me when I was just beginning my new path. They did help a bit but was mostly fluff. I didn't buy anything else of hers but I kept stumbling upon her sites and thought she took a wrong turn when she started the angel therapy and trademarked it. At that point, I knew for sure she was all about the money.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 21-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
Yes, there are actually many proponents
of the New Age that are now resigning.

One of the problems with the "New Age"
is that it does not discuss Dark Occultism
or the dark side of the spirit realm at all.

I believe it also has to do with individuals
that do not approach the subject in it's
entirety while misinterpreting & inaccurately
applying concepts to their life.
As all fields of study are interrelated,
I also suspect that many of them are
suffering from severe imbalances,
most notably within the psyche.
Possibly because most people attracted to the initial glitter are
afraid of the dark; and it is a market making money so it
knows how to butter its bread, so to speak.

Your entire comment is on the mark.

This woman made a lot of money in the Tarot and Oracle collectors' market
with her Angel cards - pretty enough but she seemed to have a conveyor belt.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:44 AM
Experiencer

First I find it odd she wont testify as to her Jesus vision, this is out of the ordinary for most feel compelled to share. I also find it odd to trade in one religion that promotes love and acceptance of all, for another that promotes hatred, division, war etc. I feel sorry for her, but I can see how her intentions where unpure. I know this movement is profitable, but those who are gifted should not use that to profit they are gifts to us and should be gifts we give to others. I feel more connected to God and Jesus through the new age belief than I ever did through any church I have ever gone to. I have seen angels, I have heard the voice of God and I know I am following the right path.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:56 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Possibly because most people attracted to the initial glitter are afraid of the dark...
Where did this idea come from? Is there some sort of group therapy for New Age followers like attending The Betty Ford Clinic where they confess their deepest feelings about the movement?

It is doubtful that many making a business of it start out thinking of it as an opportunity to SCAM people. They more than likely are inspired and want to share how good they believe things are. They are natural leaders and just end up fronting a business which may or may not take off. If they are successful there is some point when the business takes over. It is hard to turn away money, success, growing popularity and the high of adulation. A business can become an empire but before that it becomes a corporation with a lot of people depending on it for their livelihood. If the principal(s) lose sight of things for some time guilt can eat at the people who actually care that their priorities have placed the business above the people they serve. Then they might overreact and throw the baby out with the bath water and make the whole thing wrong. I have never heard of Doreen Virtue BTW.