Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 31-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Knower

Signs i am not ready?

I managed to become lucid in my dream again last night after i realized i was dreaming but i skipped the lucid dreaming altogether and decided to enter astral projection. I have done this once before from a dream but i didn't get too far because i got a little scared.

I remember not really seeing anything just darkness and i was floating and i felt a tremendous amount of freedom, almost like i could shoot off at any speed and go anywhere i wanted which i did do, i felt the sensation of flying at tremendous speed, but i do not remember experiencing anything around me but darkness.. the experience itself was vivid but my memory of it isn't good enough to accurately explain it. The thing that really bothered me was a sort of blocked feeling in my throat, like there was some sort of pressure there and it was uncomfortable. I wanted to stay out of my body but this feeling in my throat was really spoiling the experience, i just remember wanting the feeling to end but the projection stopped too.

I can't help but think about the Throat chakra and how this may be an area i need to work on, with my speech and listening skills. Maybe that's what held me back in my experience.

Failing that, it might not have even been an astral projection, could have been a dream. same with the last experience too... All i know is that my experiences have been very strange. i haven't yet witnessed my own body laying on my bed. i feel like i haven't had the chance to open my astral eyes if you will.

Anyway, is there any usual ways to differentiate AP from Dreams?

Last edited by Humanb : 31-03-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 31-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Suspended
What you described is pretty normal for someone who is new to AP in my opinion, not seeing were your going, pressure, pulling, weird sensations this happens sometimes when your adjusting/leaving your body. If you hadn't stopped it an just waited my bet is it would of ended an you would have been able to see your surroundings and successful AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanb
Anyway, is there any usual ways to differentiate AP from Dreams?

AP is more real then dreams you can do much more, and you might see your body at first or wake up with a big zap also.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:01 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
What you described is pretty normal for someone who is new to AP in my opinion, not seeing were your going, pressure, pulling, weird sensations this happens sometimes when your adjusting/leaving your body. If you hadn't stopped it an just waited my bet is it would of ended an you would have been able to see your surroundings and successful AP.

AP is more real then dreams you can do much more, and you might see your body at first or wake up with a big zap also.

My take on this is exactly the same as yours. IMO, it's important for beginners to realize that the folk traditions of many cultures have compared going to sleep to dying and waking up to being reborn. And these same traditional views can be applied to entering the state necessary to do astral projection, channeling, or other psychic activities. So the techniques applied in transiting between REM sleep and lucid dreaming can be very useful in entering the psychic trance state necessary to achieving successful AP.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows

Come to think of it, i can't say i have ever experienced the feeling of flying as intense as i did last time i astral projected. I remember being amazed at the speed i was able to pick up but as i said, i felt something in my throat and it made me feel very uncomfortable so i jumped back into my body.

As for the experience itself, you are probably correct.. if i stayed outside of my physical body i may have gained my vision but in the moment i felt the need to jump back into my body. I don't regret that because at least i know what to expect next time. I have never been able to AP from meditation or from intentionally keeping my awareness when falling asleep. it has always been from a lucid dream which i chose to end straight away, but i might also add that i have in the past had a very large amount of dreams in which i feel almost drunk and i cant see very clearly and it seems like a burry experience.

The reason i think my AP experiences so far have been genuine is because every time it has happened i recall saying to myself in my dream "This is a dream." then the dream ends almost instantly and i always choose to astral project because it appeals to me more than lucid dreaming. I have had flying dreams before but i have never had a dream where it is just my body, no surroundings and i'm flying at tremendous speeds. This is the reason i believe it to be a real experience.

I remember my first real experience was from a lucid dream and i felt my body floating up into the air and my whole astral body felt like a constant buzz, but it felt divine, i remember being in a state of Ecstasy. This ended abruptly after i tried to explore but things seemed really burry and i couldn't see very clearly.