Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 22-05-2014, 02:25 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
The pentacle works as a protection from "all manners of spirits, esp. demons". There are no dangers of having it on you.

But because many people don't understand it and are judgmental, there is a danger, as you say, of being shunned because of it.

I agree. I even have to keep my Triquetra under my shirt--when I go out in the town where I live.

However--I would be in more danger than just being shunned--if the people around here (actually) knew what my Religion is.
Old 24-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
The pentacle works as a protection from "all manners of spirits, esp. demons". There are no dangers of having it on you.

But because many people don't understand it and are judgmental, there is a danger, as you say, of being shunned because of it.

It pays to keep in mind that not everybody who can work the pentacles are into so called good deeds.
Anybody else may open it up even if the person wearing it on her skin is not aware of it (like someone who simply happen to wish another person some malice/mischief-
& believe me, I have witnessed a few people die who got the curse of death by a simple tapping of a bench by the curser.
Of course, this is not about the pentacle,
but I think is worth a mention in the matters of how some people have ill will on others for whatever reason it may be.
My guess is sometimes, one of it must just be because of some whim or to show off)

The pentacle as we already know can be worked either way,
according to it's point, purpose, will and intent of the magician.
It is your pentacle, T/Crow.
It is up to you to do with it as you wish.
Old 24-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Master

What on earth do you mean by "not everybody who can WORK the pentacle are into good deeds" and "Anybody else may open it up......"?? How would one "open up" a pentacle??

And could you please explain what you mean by "The pentacle, as we know, can be worked either way" Worked in what way?
Old 24-05-2014, 08:37 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
What on earth do you mean by "not everybody who can WORK the pentacle are into good deeds" and "Anybody else may open it up......"?? How would one "open up" a pentacle??

And could you please explain what you mean by "The pentacle, as we know, can be worked either way" Worked in what way?

Could it be that you are referring to the inverted Pentacle (complete with the personified goat head)...Niebla0007?

That would be a Satanic practice...not a Pagan practice. There is no Devil in the Craft and (most) Pagans believe that what we send forth comes back--so we have a lot of incentive to avoid harming others.
Old 25-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Niebla0007

I am referring not to only one of the uses of both the pentagram & pentacles in magic practice of any system, & yes I have been brushing on dark/black magic - but was not pointing to the Pagan or Wiccan faith.(I did not intend to get into the how to_whatever magic spells here and would not esp. if it is dark magic)
& I don't think I ever generalized on what I said.
It is really up to the ones who intend to use these symbols to find out what they are used for, to be able to identify/differentiate, and to know who uses them.
I never said anything about a Devil or specifically associating the devil in Pagans & the Craft. (I use the pentagram, too)
I only pointed out how the general public view these symbols - just like at the Dispute over pentagrams in Roswell NM public schools
on this link http://www.satanic-kindred.org/pentahistory.htm

Don't mind me, I already said before that I don't believe that all demons are all evil either. I view demons as daemons which is of little matter here.
What really matters is the question of the Pentacle's meaning to everybody. Where my answer is pretty much the same as what you'd find at the
Thoughts about religious symbols of the same given link.
Old 25-05-2014, 12:23 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebla0007
I am referring not to only one of the uses of both the pentagram & pentacles in magic practice of any system, & yes I have been brushing on dark/black magic - but was not pointing to the Pagan or Wiccan faith.(I did not intend to get into the how to_whatever magic spells here and would not esp. if it is dark magic)
& I don't think I ever generalized on what I said.
It is really up to the ones who intend to use these symbols to find out what they are used for, to be able to identify/differentiate, and to know who uses them.
I never said anything about a Devil or specifically associating the devil in Pagans & the Craft. (I use the pentagram, too)
I only pointed out how the general public view these symbols - just like at the Dispute over pentagrams in Roswell NM public schools
on this link http://www.satanic-kindred.org/pentahistory.htm

Don't mind me, I already said before that I don't believe that all demons are all evil either. I view demons as daemons which is of little matter here.
What really matters is the question of the Pentacle's meaning to everybody. Where my answer is pretty much the same as what you'd find at the
Thoughts about religious symbols of the same given link.

Thank you for clarifying your meaning.

I believe it is up to the individual to understand the Sacred Geometrical Symbols they are intending to use and have a very focused and specific reason for using them.

It is my responsibility to know my reasons and methods and abilities--however--I do not assume the responsibility for knowing the reasons, methods, and abilities of others. What another person chooses to do is their responsibility.

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra