Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 11-01-2014, 04:10 AM
lost wolf

Question questions needing answers. maybe you can help?

I wasnt sure where to place this but, a year ago while having an uncomfortable conversation with my mom about my beliefs. ( when I was younger and tried talking to my mom about this she threatened to take me to church) anyway, during such conversation my mom informed me that my great grandma was a spiritual healer. now from what little my mom knows my great grandmother she came from central Italy and thats all I know unfortunetly my great grandmother died some years ago, so I cannot ask her personally about the teachings that have been passed down through the family. I was curious if someone here has some knowledge of this not of my personal family obviously but as a general of this regions practice. she was very secretive about this so no one really knows about it.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Master

Hmmmm........I wonder if she was a Strega? Stregheria is the Italian practice of a particular tradition of Witchcraft. Although I'm sure there are spiritual healers in Italy who are not Stregas. Without knowing what your great grandma actually did it might be rather difficult to say what she actually practiced. Did she physically heal people through spiritual means do you know?

Jenny Crow
Old 11-01-2014, 09:24 AM
lost wolf

I know she used crystals there is rumor that she had some black stones that she has used that have been kept secret and a secret she fought to keep she wouldnt let her daughter have them after her time of passing because she feared she wouldnt use them like she sould (something about tainted will) so they were given to her neice who still has them and were given to her because great grandma said she had no power to use them but my moms fear is that these stones will be lost to tye family because the person who has them dont see much value in them . iv been told she healed one of my distant cousins of some sort of substance abuse. and that she lifted curses. but thats all I have been told.

these stones make me curious. since finding this out iv wanted to get my hands on these stones I feel like I need to know my family history in this and that these stones that have been passed down for generations are almost calling me. I was raised in a Christian family but since the age of 5 I felt like this was not true to my heart, and started my own path. I feel like I can not move forward till I find out the history of my family.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:19 AM
Master

It does sound very interesting, especially lifting the curses. You'll have to research your family history - something might turn up that will shed some light on things for you.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:32 AM
lost wolf

I figured im just not sure how to go about it.
Old 13-01-2014, 11:28 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Lost Wolf:

http://www.stregheria.com/Who%20are%...%20stregat.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romagna

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stregheria

This will get you started...the rest is up to you.

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 16-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Master
I understand you are intrigued and want to know what your great grandmother did and could do.
But in the meantime, why not find your own way with magick, energy etc.? If you're meant to do this, as you kind of suggest, it doesn't mean your path is like your great grandmother's.
And maybe when you're ready, the stones will come your way at some point in life. If it's meant to be, it'll happen. If not, trust that that is the way it SHOULD be.
From what you describe you're great grandmother could do, she was very well aware of what she was doing, so her reasons for giving these stones to someone else surely must have been valid and I'd say respected as well.
If you go your own way and grow, learn, you might be able to get in touch with your great grandmother to ask her guidance and advice.
Old 16-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Knower

Well said, FairyCrystal.

At some point I'll share a more detailed account of the course my path has taken, but for now let's see if I can say this without a bunch of embellishment (ha. fat chance) -- Although my awareness and understanding of spiritual reality is (VERY) limited, I feel I can trust what I do perceive and understand; I know, without a doubt, that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be on this path, and what I do 'see' from here, I see clearly.

I could not have come to this point in my spiritual journey if I had, at any point, depended on external circumstances, conditions or information to move me along my path.

Which is not to say I haven't sought the support and expertise of others; it's just that I learned, early on, to take such external information with a large grain of salt. If what I hear is true for me, then I will be able to find it (most likely in meditation) and confirm it, if not directly experience it; until I do that, it's only external information. Nothing more.

My point, lost wolf, is this: I can't tell you how to walk your path, but I'd strongly suggest you consider setting aside - at least for the time being - the beliefs and circumstances that seem to be blocking your personal progress. To say, "I feel like I can not move forward till I find out the history of my family", seems to me a self-imposed - and entirely unnecessary - restriction on your progress. Of course you can move forward without it. I mean, how do you suppose your family's history came about to begin with? Someone, somewhere along the line, had to have discovered this path. Go back in this history far enough, I can guarantee you'll find an individual who sought spiritual information - probably through meditation - and found what they were seeking, not through a teacher but through the expansion of their spiritual awareness... and thus a tradition was born.

Similarly, energetic/spiritual healing has been practiced throughout human history. Currently, there are many traditions and methods to choose from if one is seeking to develop such abilities/skills (Reiki, Shamballah, crystal therapy, chakra work, etc). How did those traditions/methods come into practice? Yeah they're passed along through teachers now, but who was the original teacher? How were these methods developed to begin with?

Reiki is a good example here (because I'm familiar with it heehee): This practice was developed by a single individual who sought, exclusively through solitary fasting and meditation, a method of using energy for the purpose of healing. What he learned on his own, he then taught to others. Reiki has an interesting history; you might enjoy reading about it.

My point, though, is this: If one man can seek - and find! - spiritual information, then it stands to reason that any human could -- and my own personal experience proves this to be true... but of course it only proves it to me. I can't prove it to anyone else; all I can do is suggest trying a solitary approach to the search for spiritual understanding. Worst thing that could happen is, you won't find what you're looking for. But of course I don't think for one second that's likely to happen. Just sayin'.

I hope you'll continue to share your progress with us here at the forum, lost wolf. I wish you clarity on your path.
Old 16-01-2014, 11:07 PM
lost wolf

thank you. I guess I worded it wrong I didnt mean to say it like I can not continue to grow spiritually what I mean is im getting signs that there is something I am suppose to learn from family history I guess. its hard for me to explain, in all honesty. the syncrisities of it all. the path I walk, my instinct to want to heal, I feel is tied to my past lives and ancestors. I just want to learn how and why. when I unknowingly straied from my path it back lashed on me. it was a learning experince but iT was a painful one. I had gotten a simple stomach flu but it was horrible I ended up having to go to the hospital for fluids. after I was ok but I couldnt eat if I tried id be in severe pain, even drinking too much water. I went three months before going to the doctor. when I went in they tried pushing depression medication on me did some tests and said that there was nothing they could do for me and basically told me to suffer through it. I left in tears. I felt hopeless few days later my boyfriend wanted to go to a friends house and we went to go out to eat before hand and took one bite and was in tears cause of the pain. I wanted to just go home, I was afraid and didnt understand what was going on or why, but my boyfriend pushed me to go anyway because our friends dad was a healer and our teacher. he was able to help me. after a week I was eating and after three I was able to go on recovering on my own. but during this I came to understand what I was going through it was a test. and through that I gained something. I got stronger spiritually. I got a gift. it really opened my eyes. not the best way to get it, I wished they would have found an easier way to do it because be forced to fast and nearly dying twice really wasnt my idea of training.... I completely forgot where I was going with this...I swear I had a point...xD
Old 16-01-2014, 11:24 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost wolf
thank you. I guess I worded it wrong I didnt mean to say it like I can not continue to grow spiritually what I mean is im getting signs that there is something I am suppose to learn from family history I guess. its hard for me to explain, in all honesty. the syncrisities of it all. the path I walk, my instinct to want to heal, I feel is tied to my past lives and ancestors. I just want to learn how and why. when I unknowingly straied from my path it back lashed on me. it was a learning experince but iT was a painful one. I had gotten a simple stomach flu but it was horrible I ended up having to go to the hospital for fluids. after I was ok but I couldnt eat if I tried id be in severe pain, even drinking too much water. I went three months before going to the doctor. when I went in they tried pushing depression medication on me did some tests and said that there was nothing they could do for me and basically told me to suffer through it. I left in tears. I felt hopeless few days later my boyfriend wanted to go to a friends house and we went to go out to eat before hand and took one bite and was in tears cause of the pain. I wanted to just go home, I was afraid and didnt understand what was going on or why, but my boyfriend pushed me to go anyway because our friends dad was a healer and our teacher. he was able to help me. after a week I was eating and after three I was able to go on recovering on my own. but during this I came to understand what I was going through it was a test. and through that I gained something. I got stronger spiritually. I got a gift. it really opened my eyes. not the best way to get it, I wished they would have found an easier way to do it because be forced to fast and nearly dying twice really wasnt my idea of training.... I completely forgot where I was going with this...I swear I had a point...xD

A trial by Fire...the strongest Metal is forged by Elemental Fire.

Our paths are never easy...They expect more from those who are chosen.

Try the links I listed above and they will lead you to other links--follow your instincts and begin your research--if it be your will.

IMHO--you are already being guided (perhaps) by your very own Great Grandmother.