Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 08-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Craig

Using Law of Attraction to attract a relationship

Does anyone have any success stories for using the law of attraction to attract a mate?

This year I've attracted a couple of relationships that didn't last or end well. I was intially meditating on 11:11 and focusing on my desire to be in a relationship. The 1st relationship I attracted was everything I wanted (so I thought) but things went way to fast and we ended becoming toxic for each other (I mentioned this ex in a previous thread).

The 2nd one I attracted the same way but because I was still hurt from the last relationship I attracted someone who matched my critia but had also come out of a relationship and we kind of hooked up in our desperation and that relationship ended before it started.

I've been researching the law of attraction a lot, the secret, what the bleep we know and many vids on youtube. Some say you have to feel as if you are already in a relationship to attract one, some say you need to be constantly having positive thoughts and doing things you love, some say just go with the flow and let the universe guide you, some say to write down what it is you want and the universe will guide you.

I have done all of that and haven't had much luck yet. It's getting to the point where my mind is contradicting itself on how to feel or think and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or success stories?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:46 PM
oliness

I don't believe in the idea behind the law of attraction. And in fact I think relationship difficulties show that it is not true. Anyone who has experienced unrequited love can see that the law of attraction simply doesn't work. You can imagine life with that other person, you can dream about being together, you can believe that you will be together all you like - but yet it doesn't happen. This to me shows that the idea of attracting whatever you think about is not true.

The other person is a distinct individual. They have a mind and emotions different from mine, or yours. It is up to their feelings whether they are attracted back or not, and we cannot control that. If they want to be with us they will choose to, and if they do not they won't. We cannot just from our own side "attract" them to us. What we can do is be more loving and kind, and people may recognise that and want to be with us. But still it is up to them and we have to accept that we may not get all that we want.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Shabby

I used the "law of attraction" to save my marriage about a year ago. I don't really believe in a law out side of me but I do believe that our very "being" creates our experience. During that time my husband had already moved out and moved on, but I still loved him and my kids and I were grieving the loss. I started to remember a time when we were in love. I tried to remember the feeling I had and did not let go of the image I had in my mind until I actually felt it. About a month later things started to happen and another month later he moved back home and we renewed our vows.

Even though your situation might be different you could ask yourself what it would feel like to have that special someone in your life. Truly feel it and then go on with your life without thinking about the need/want/desire. Act as if it is done. Good luck to you!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Guide
I know this thread is old, but I like what it's about. I believe the law of attraction is very real. However, life also has a plan. We all have lessons we are faced with through our lives, this is how we grow. If we try to force things to happen in our lives and it's the wrong timing, it will not work out.

Saying positive affirmations everyday will help manifest the life you want. Of course as they say, be careful what you wish for because you just might get it.

She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. -Beau Taplin
Old 03-02-2012, 05:32 AM
Master

There are plenty of success stories. Forget law of attraction. I never applied law of attraction and I got what I wanted. Perhaps that is why it is not working for you. You are too concerned about law of attraction. Just be yourself and let things happen and you might have a lot more luck that way.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Medium_Laura

Because we attract what we send out. Look at who you are as a partner and you have to BE the partner you want to attract. If you have qualities you know you don't like in another person, then work on them to change them. Because otherwise, you will attract them in someone else. Like DOES attract Like.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Because we attract what we send out. Look at who you are as a partner and you have to BE the partner you want to attract. If you have qualities you know you don't like in another person, then work on them to change them. Because otherwise, you will attract them in someone else. Like DOES attract Like.

Well put! I believe this is true

She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. -Beau Taplin
Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Master
I never knew if the law of attraction worked or not. So much of what I hear about seem to be the latest phase, fad and craze. It's hard to say. I read here and there and then think okay, I'll try it...mostly for me, it comes down to is I have to work on myself, not do all these rituals. That's just me though. When I was younger, I might have been caught up in them more, who knows.

Sometimes I think okay, give positive affirmations a shot, what can it hurt? Maybe I'm just not disciplined enough because while there is nothing bad about positive affirmations, unless one sort of gets lost in it and becomes egotistic and arrogant or gets lost in some make believe world...maybe I might start feeling better about myself. If you feel good about yourself in a healthy good way, no puffed up ego, then it seems only natural you will attract better company around you....
Old 06-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I used the "law of attraction" to save my marriage about a year ago. I don't really believe in a law out side of me but I do believe that our very "being" creates our experience. During that time my husband had already moved out and moved on, but I still loved him and my kids and I were grieving the loss. I started to remember a time when we were in love. I tried to remember the feeling I had and did not let go of the image I had in my mind until I actually felt it. About a month later things started to happen and another month later he moved back home and we renewed our vows.

Even though your situation might be different you could ask yourself what it would feel like to have that special someone in your life. Truly feel it and then go on with your life without thinking about the need/want/desire. Act as if it is done. Good luck to you!

What you describe here is beyond the law of attraction. It is co-creation.

The only thing that any man wants is to feel loved. Some men will never let them self feel this by being uncaring. Others lose faith in its sustainability. I suspect that this was the case here. He moved out and moved on.

You knew you had to recapture your authentic feelings of love for him, and you did that. He was able to telepathically sense this shift in you and responded to it.

This is a perfect example of a co-creative effort.

What is kind of sad is that so few of us are able to activate this power of thought as you did. We as a culture have not yet learned anything useful about energy work.

It is my hope that more will follow this example and alter potentials outcomes in the way that you were able to do.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 25-12-2012, 02:23 PM
lovelygirl

I know it's very old but I wondered people don't know how Loa works..You believe in it or not, it always works...depending on your vibrations.

http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/index.php

This forum has plenty of success stories...beyond any doubts. Who belives in it only they know what it is.