Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile

Metaphyiscal-1, mind/intellect/concepts are not a field.

A field, whatever that may be, occupies space, metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept does not occupy space.

Bill Gaedes rope/thread ideas come closer to a field or aether scenario.

Rope/Thread ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gravity-Time-Dark Energy (^v)(v^) or as (-><-)(-><-)

Field .................................................. ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
..."The Rope Hypothisis is closet the aetherist can come to rational, logical common sense approach to any alledged aether."... imho

http://www.youstupidrelativist.com/WGDE.html

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 15-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
What is the mind?? Where is it? Where does it begin & end?? Where are the images in the minds eye? They must be somewhere and yet cut the brain open, they wont be found!
There are two ways to see this.

1) The mind is outside of space-time and thus has no 'location'. The brain is an organ that connects with the mind. Images from sensory experience are transferred from brain to mind.

2) The mind is in the brain (where images are stored) and consciousness is outside of space-time and thus has no location.

FYI images (from the senses) are stored in the brain in a distributed fashion. you are not going to find a literal copy of any images. Also the way stuff is stored in the brain is not immediately visible to the naked eye (its very small and partly encoded in chemicals).
Old 16-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein

1) The mind is outside of space-time and thus has no 'location'. The brain is an organ that connects with the mind. Images from sensory experience are transferred from brain to mind.

2) The mind is in the brain (where images are stored) and consciousness is outside of space-time and thus has no location.

FYI images (from the senses) are stored in the brain in a distributed fashion. you are not going to find a literal copy of any images. Also the way stuff is stored in the brain is not immediately visible to the naked eye (its very small and partly encoded in chemicals).

The former is more accurate W.S., but not just that.

The origin and the ever present fundamental essence of the material universe, is Mind, Spirit... "The Field".

"In Whom we live and move and have our being."
The Bible

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-08-2016, 03:24 AM
Master

[quote=Morpheus]The former is more accurate W.S., but not just that.

The origin and the ever present fundamental essence of the material universe, is Mind, Spirit... "The Field".

→→→→"In Whom we live and move and have our being."....←←←←

AND ILL ADD... WHOM ALSO FLOWS THROUGH US AS WE MOVE AND LIVE WITHIN HIM, NO MATTER WHERE WE ARE AT ANY ONE TIME.....AND IS ALSO INSIDE OF EVERY OTHER THING IN THE UNIVERSE.
Old 16-08-2016, 04:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein

I believe that the mind IS the soul/our consciousness.

And the soul/mind/consciousness is where all of our experiences are stored...
....and our physical brain draws info/experiences/memories from the soul via the energetic cord connection in less than split seconds of time....
.....because if they were stored in the brain, they would be left behind when the physical dies.

And the soul is all ways located within our physical body and moves with us where ever we go.

And one day we will shed the physical body and become soul.

And our soul qualities will emanate a spiritual body which will be drawn together out of the spiritual energies.

And also the minds eye is the soul...and the soul is in a space....a very large space....THE UNIVERSE....the soul is not outside of the universe...and it moves around with us wherever we go within the universe.

""And although time is not recorded in spirt""....time can be observed...simply by a spiritual persons observation of a moment to moment flow from one task to the next....they are able to say that the tasks at hand didn't hapen all at the same time, so the task must have taken some time. ......so if that spiritual person had a clock with them that ran on 12 or 24 hr time schedule with a date setting,, they could say that the task took such and such a time to compete.
Old 25-08-2016, 01:30 AM
Master
Good response Neil.
Accurate!
Suffice to say also, the mind is more than this organism, evolved in illusory space and time.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-08-2016, 04:36 AM
Pathfinder
Consciousness is the field. There can be no two realities, there can be only one. Overwhelming evidence is in favor of consciousness (some call it mind).

You may like to read Tom Campbell's theory (MBT), or watch his videos. He makes it all very clear. (Can't post the links, so please google) :)
Old 26-08-2016, 02:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
As in my profile quote, Einstein declares that more than matter, which is a "result", of the Field... that, " the field is the only reality ".

Nothing to dispute there. True?

So, cannot the Field be equated with "Mind", in Physicist Max Planck's declaration?
Who stated, " Mind is the matrix of all matter. "
???

Then also, might not either be equated with Spirit? Seems to me this is the case.
hi Morpheus,

i think this is in the right direction, but i would say that the origination of the mind is in the field, by they are not one and the same thing unless you think of mind as some sort of an energy substance, because fields are energy sources too.

to be specific, the mind should be originating from the quantum field or the physical vacuum for several reasons:

1. mind exists only in time. is has no spatial location. this is called time-space "objects". think of them as the reciprocal of matter or space-time objects.

2. quantum coherent states in the brain are now being correlated with consciousness.

3. quantum coherent states or fields has the same property as of the mind,seamless or holistic, irreducible to computation, non algorithmic . so what we have here in these quantum states are considered non-material but still very much part of the physical system, just like the body-mind system.

4. mind feels like being inside of matter. this is because its movement or direction is the same as that of time, the 4th dimension or a movement orthogonal (inward) to 3d space. which is where the fields are referenced.

5. spirit and fields share the same concept. an invisible/undefined/formless? cause of visible, ponderable manifestations.

tnx, h
Old 27-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
As in my profile quote, Einstein declares that more than matter, which is a "result", of the Field... that, " the field is the only reality ".
Multiple fields exist, which was it that Einstein was referring? Was it the gravitational field? It's difficult for me to respond because the quote is shortened and out of context. I know that Einstein believed in something like God which was the universe and was highly relational to a field. I also know that Einstein was strongly apposed to quantum physics. Einstein thought he was very close to solving the puzzle of the universe but he was never able to combine electro-magnetisum with gravity and so could never come up with an everything theory. If the field is the only reality then it should relate to electro-magnetisum also, which gravity does but ...? not yet apparently in a way that physisits are completely satisfied with yet.

Quote:
So, cannot the Field be equated with "Mind", in Physicist Max Planck's declaration?
Who stated, " Mind is the matrix of all matter. "
???

Mind like field is multiple so the question is the same as above to which mind do you speak.

Quote:
Then also, might not either be equated with Spirit? Seems to me this is the case.

Yes, I guess we would simply define what type of spirit it was based on what type of field/mind we where talking about: spirit of God, spirit of an individual, ...

The individual has a human energetic field known as the aura which has different layors which relate to different aspects of being but at each of the subtle layors there is an inseparability to the larger field of that layor, the universal energetic field. All of the universal energetic fields are relational and exist distinctly in different dimentions. The whole of everthing all of the universal energetic fields combined as one to include all of their various states of manifest such as static, wave, gas, liquid, solid is what I would consider to be God, seen as its parts in relation to perspective but is also one at another perspective.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 28-08-2016, 12:44 AM
Master
Einstein understood that precedent to the manifestation of matter, such as with a photon particle...
A "Field" must be present.
Hence his statement.

Here's a question. Could the field be equated also with recent perception of dark energy?