Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 28-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Experiencer

Followed by a crow

Yesterday, I was followed by a crow for about a minute. I had was eating, so I don't know if he was after my food. He started following me, so I laughed and said "no, sweetheart, I can't give you any." (I don't like feeding animals processed human food. It's not good for us, so doubt it is for them.) A man stopped and asked if the crow was following me. He told me to be careful because he might try to take my food. He said i should go indoors. The man told the crow to leave me alone. A minute or so later he flew off. Do you think there was any significant meaning to the event?
Old 28-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
I live 24/7 with a member of the Corvus family he's sitting on my shoulder as I type this, this bird isn't a pet or captive bred, he chose to come to me from the wild when injured and as he will never fly again stays with me, I am licensed to keep and rehab wild birds and have the knowledge and experience etc to back this up.

From my knowledge of them I would say that the crow was more than likely more interested in the food you'd been eating than you per say. It would have to be following you regularly without the food to say it was you it was interested in.

All members of the Corvus family are extremely intelligent and will interact with humans for numerous reasons, they also recognize human individuals and will single them out but this is something that happens over time.

Some of these reasons can hold a spiritual element yes but until the same birds been visiting with you regularly or some unusual significant event has happened with it I would go with what I've said above regarding the food.

You could also go and learn about the medicine of Ravens and Crows, its quite fascinating and see how it links into your own life.

Makoiyi

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 29-06-2016, 01:36 AM
confusionsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidExplorer
Yesterday, I was followed by a crow for about a minute. I had was eating, so I don't know if he was after my food. He started following me, so I laughed and said "no, sweetheart, I can't give you any." (I don't like feeding animals processed human food. It's not good for us, so doubt it is for them.) A man stopped and asked if the crow was following me. He told me to be careful because he might try to take my food. He said i should go indoors. The man told the crow to leave me alone. A minute or so later he flew off. Do you think there was any significant meaning to the event?

There is always meaning when crow comes to us. Crow flies between the spirit realms. Always note his behaviour. Which direction did s/he come, which did s/he leave, was s/he flying fast, slow? Note all the details you can. Including times of day. Did s/he speak to you? It is always up to you to understand what message the crow has brought. Have you had many encounters with Crow as of late? or was it a one time thing? the one exception may be if this is ,was or is becoming you sprit guide. Our "Dodem" changes over the course of life, sometimes though it doesnt.
Crows are extremely intelligent if not the most intelligent of all birds. and have been known to actually speak like a parrot. Crow often teaches us of our path or purpose in life.

Did the man play a part? Maybe...I would have asked him.

The greatest thing to understand is the incredible gift that you received in being able to share time with the crow, and be in the crows presence. It takes a very awakened and spiritually aware person to fully realize the importance of the gifts the flyers have to offer.
remember "All things Sacred"
Great peace, Nahow!
Old 29-06-2016, 02:00 AM
Master
When I was younger, I used to have crows follow me around all the time...murders of them. LOLZ

It led me to write a poem about them, which I will transcribe from memory when I can remember it...

There was a roommate I had a few years ago who told me what the crows were all saying....'faaaaaarrrrkkkk'...'faaaarrrrrkkkkk'. LOL
Old 29-06-2016, 02:10 AM
Master
The Crow

The crow, she sighs with mournful breath,
To pity souls, ungrieved in death,
Amid the mossy tombstones found,
Laying shattered 'pon life's hallowed ground.

The crow, she flies on nightshade wings,
An ode to whom, the minor sings,
Silhouetted against horizon's dawn,
To greet the day, as yet unborn.

In the emerald-painted gum on high,
Can behear that stark, yet plaintive cry,
As she recalls man's tales of angst and woe,
Deep footfalls in the virgin snow.

Yet as the spirit needs depart,
The raven stirs their wandering heart,
But the crow recites her saddest poem,
As she guides those loving souls on home. - Dianne
Old 29-06-2016, 05:17 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
The Crow

The crow, she sighs with mournful breath,
To pity souls, ungrieved in death,
Amid the mossy tombstones found,
Laying shattered 'pon life's hallowed ground.

The crow, she flies on nightshade wings,
An ode to whom, the minor sings,
Silhouetted against horizon's dawn,
To greet the day, as yet unborn.

In the emerald-painted gum on high,
Can behear that stark, yet plaintive cry,
As she recalls man's tales of angst and woe,
Deep footfalls in the virgin snow.

Yet as the spirit needs depart,
The raven stirs their wandering heart,
But the crow recites her saddest poem,
As she guides those loving souls on home. - Dianne

Awesome poem. Thanks for sharing
Old 29-06-2016, 05:19 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
I live 24/7 with a member of the Corvus family he's sitting on my shoulder as I type this, this bird isn't a pet or captive bred, he chose to come to me from the wild when injured and as he will never fly again stays with me, I am licensed to keep and rehab wild birds and have the knowledge and experience etc to back this up.

From my knowledge of them I would say that the crow was more than likely more interested in the food you'd been eating than you per say. It would have to be following you regularly without the food to say it was you it was interested in.

All members of the Corvus family are extremely intelligent and will interact with humans for numerous reasons, they also recognize human individuals and will single them out but this is something that happens over time.

Some of these reasons can hold a spiritual element yes but until the same birds been visiting with you regularly or some unusual significant event has happened with it I would go with what I've said above regarding the food.

You could also go and learn about the medicine of Ravens and Crows, its quite fascinating and see how it links into your own life.

Makoiyi

Thanks for sharing your story.

I am going through a tough time at the moment, and I have been relying on spiritual guidance like I've never done before. I've also been finding black feathers every day for about a week and a half.

Yep, I've had a look at medicine meanings. Think its to do with transformation.
Old 29-06-2016, 05:32 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusionsay
There is always meaning when crow comes to us. Crow flies between the spirit realms. Always note his behaviour. Which direction did s/he come, which did s/he leave, was s/he flying fast, slow? Note all the details you can. Including times of day. Did s/he speak to you? It is always up to you to understand what message the crow has brought. Have you had many encounters with Crow as of late? or was it a one time thing? the one exception may be if this is ,was or is becoming you sprit guide. Our "Dodem" changes over the course of life, sometimes though it doesnt.
Crows are extremely intelligent if not the most intelligent of all birds. and have been known to actually speak like a parrot. Crow often teaches us of our path or purpose in life.

Did the man play a part? Maybe...I would have asked him.

The greatest thing to understand is the incredible gift that you received in being able to share time with the crow, and be in the crows presence. It takes a very awakened and spiritually aware person to fully realize the importance of the gifts the flyers have to offer.
remember "All things Sacred"
Great peace, Nahow!

It was a pretty special experience. The crow flew towards me and landed in front of me, to the right a little. S/he followed me around the corner of a building, and when s/he left, s/he flew past me on my left-hand side. S/he flew in front of me, but didn't land again. Erm I'd say s/he flew away pretty fast. It was around 8.50am. S/he didn't speak to me, but I got the feeling s/he wanted some food when s/he was hopping after me. Made me laugh because it was like s/he was a child. I thought it was pretty sweet. I wasn't scared until the man told me s/he might try to take my food and that I should walk inside. Even then, I thought "Nah, you wouldn't do that, would you. I'll carry on walking outside." It's not every day a crow follows me, and I eat outside frequently. I didn't think I had a reason to be scared. I was for a split second when the man warned me, though. I have been noticing a lot of crows lately, and I keep finding black feathers everywhere. Been seeing them every day for about a week and a half. One feather was in my garden, right at the entrance. I like to think the Crow came to me for a reason other than to eat my food. After all, s/he didn't take it from me. I will buy some bird seeds when I get a chance. I want to feed my new friends I've been making. I have found sooo many feathers lately. :)
Old 29-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Suspended

Quote:
I like to think the Crow came to me for a reason other than to eat my food. After all, s/he didn't take it from me.

I'm sorry was this some giant mutant crow with huge talons & even some teeth for it to "take" your food? Cause typically crows are smallish mid-sized birds. So unless it flew right at your head, scaring you into dropping your food, there's very little a real crow can do to "take" food while you are holding it. If you were distracted sure, but you weren't. Now I bet had you set that food down the entire thing or part of it would have suddenly become airborne.

As Makoiyi said members of Corvus family are incredibly intelligent; I'd say more intelligent than a number of dog breeds even. They are also incredibly resourceful; more so than some humans I'd say. Watch some of the videos or read the studies to get a jest of just how brilliant these birds are. I believe the only one that beats them is the New Zealand kea [a parrot].

I agree with Makoiyi, it was after your food. If you hadn't had food then one could say the interaction was a different story.
Old 29-06-2016, 01:46 PM
confusionsay

Quote:
It was a pretty special experience. The crow flew towards me and landed in front of me, to the right a little. S/he followed me around the corner of a building, and when s/he left, s/he flew past me on my left-hand side. S/he flew in front of me, but didn't land again. Erm I'd say s/he flew away pretty fast. It was around 8.50am. S/he didn't speak to me, but I got the feeling s/he wanted some food when s/he was hopping after me. Made me laugh because it was like s/he was a child. I thought it was pretty sweet. I wasn't scared until the man told me s/he might try to take my food and that I should walk inside. Even then, I thought "Nah, you wouldn't do that, would you. I'll carry on walking outside." It's not every day a crow follows me, and I eat outside frequently. I didn't think I had a reason to be scared. I was for a split second when the man warned me, though. I have been noticing a lot of crows lately, and I keep finding black feathers everywhere. Been seeing them every day for about a week and a half. One feather was in my garden, right at the entrance. I like to think the Crow came to me for a reason other than to eat my food. After all, s/he didn't take it from me. I will buy some bird seeds when I get a chance. I want to feed my new friends I've been making. I have found sooo many feathers lately. :)

Intrepid explorer i want to share a story about my totem. I will try not to make this about me. But it is necessary to elaborate on how I found my totem, in order to help you understand about possibly finding yours.

I know it will sound cliché, but take some time, like a few minutes, or an hour or whatever, and go to a quiet spot outdoors that you love. hopefully without anyone around, and (if you can deal with the mosquitos or deer flies this time of year) preferably, beside water. then just listen. However this is my way, so conversely, just go ahead and meditate in a way you feel comfortable doing.

ask yourself, if the medicine of Crow is part of your nature? If it fits with "who you are".

If you find it does, then just accept, this is one of your spirit helpers. Sent to you, to teach you, and remind you of what you need to learn. Become as they are, Pray to them, talk to them, and believe me , great things will happen. things will change, you will get messages much more clearly, and you will gain insights about things. they will be your protectors. Since you felt a bit of fear, this is good because, that same fear you felt, will be turned to keeping you safe. fear in this case is good.
The reason i ask you to remember the details is , every action the flyer takes, has meaning. The directions are important, pls refer to the medicine wheel teachings(use the one in your area) i.e. each direction has wisdoms to teach and this is why its important to take note of things, then asses it on a intuitive level. If going to the north for instance, might mean wisdom you are going to learn or are acquiring now, if going fast it means this may come quickly etc. there is more to it, but I dont have time today to write out this whole teaching. ask me again and I will.

now about my "ok" totem.

When I found out about Orca(dolphin), for me I did not ask for that. did not seek it, and I knew nothing about this stuff. I was young and visiting a teaching lodge for two weeks, listening to a "Nokomis" Grandmother, from the West coast (Canada).

There were around 20 others too. She was Kwakiutl or Salish. I Remember she liked to go by the name Rosy.

The first day, When I walked into the lodge, I immediately felt a powerful connection to this woman. It was not sexual, (she was much older than me)just a feeling like I had known her. I dont consider myself Psychic, but there was something non-ordinary going on.

Anyway, on the final day of the Circle, I was walking clockwise around the sacred fire to pay my respects, and we were all saying goodbye to her, and she stopped me cold on way out the door. literally she put her hand up and stopped me in my tracks.

she spoke: You have Dolphins swimming around you" " I see them". She then said, before I could speak ..." now- you go learn about its medicines."

On the way home I was pretty much shocked and my head was swimming because, the eerie part of it is, I am a natural born swimmer. It is one of my greatest gifts. But she could not have known that. Water to me is life.

I grew up on the shore of a famous, very large lake here in Ontario, and I spent more of my time IN the water that OUT. SO Dolphin was natural as a totem for me.

Rosy knew. She was Gifted. How could she have known about my deep love and connection to water? But I accept that gift now.

Actually at first I was like " what? Dolphin? me? every one wants to be Dolphin dont they?..."
I felt so honoured. I went and studied everything I could. But it was pretty clear right from the start that this WAS exactly my main totem. It has not changed to this day, and I have called on my pod many times. I did later figure out it was Orca, which is a member of the Dolphin Family, and this knowledge came to me through a very intense series of co-incidences. but more later on that.

In the future I will be doing a whole teaching on swimming because, most people do not understand what it means to swim naturally!. It is one of the few things I did NOT learn from the Wise ones, that was given to me to teach. Some people fear water AND I respect that because that is not thier element. but I digress.

So, do you feel honoured, joyous even, to have crow come in your life? if so this is a big hint.
If its been coming into your life a lot, and you understand its gifts, then maybe, This is revealing itself as a totem for you. If not, it just means there is something else that is going to be joyous for you to know as your guide.

hope this helps
Great peace, Nahow!