Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 10-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The one experience more than any other that convinced me beyond any doubt whatsoever that the soul lives beyond "death"
Oh... is that was this thread is about? I thought it was about visits from people in spirit.

Well of course the soul lives beyond death; we're eternal souls and we come back here many times! Shucks that's easy.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
I keep an open mind but you know me well, I can never shake this thing that the brain is fooling us!

Yes...

Keep in mind that the "brain is fooling us" notion could also be turned around and used to argue that the limiting nature of our brains & sense organs is serving to trick/fool us into perceiving/believing that our current physical matter based reality is all that exists (or can exist)...
Old 10-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Keep in mind that the "brain is fooling us notion could also be turned around...
The progression of human suspicion about such things:

Young Child: Look... Spirit!
Teen: Why's this world so... backwards weird?
Young Adult: Life is an illusion, we're all being fooled!
Adult: Why's this world so... backwards weird?
Older Adult: Look... Spirit!
Old 11-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

OMG I love it Baile! That's pure observational genius! :)
Old 19-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Interesting POV guys!
Old 23-05-2016, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Im really interested to see the views on this one; its a topic that first brought me to the site in the first place

There are some great posters on this particular forum but I rarely see them on the Death & Afterlife one. I would love to hear their views on this topic especially the science aspect of it (if there is any )

Me, I guess im 60/40 in favour but been feeling very sceptical of late.

Would love a clear communication from my mum, like you read in books but so far nothing concrete. I know theres the usual time is different over there arguments but still, its frustrating!

Im not one who subscribes to silly things like white feathers or robins appearing etc

Anyway you science thread guys, what do you all think???
There is a science aspect to it and what I'm about to tell you, you may not like to hear...but, it's where I am at in my research as a parapsychologist.

I am a scientist, I am a sceptic. The only thing that makes me believe there's an 'afterlife', is because I feel it would make all of this...all of life and existence pretty pointless if there wasn't.

Is there are heaven/hell? do we reincarnate? I don't know what happens and this is despite me being able to communicate with the so-called 'deceased' through scientific equipment and apparatus.

I've asked them this question many times and always get told 'you'll find out when the time comes' or simply 'I don't know' or they brush me off in other ways, which leads me to believe that I am not at all talking with 'the souls of the deceased' but what others term 'the djinn'.

I have also learned that these djinn or 'trickster spirits' pretend to be whatever others want them to be, so that could well include 'souls of the departed' in there...djinns are able to read thoughts, locate hidden memories and even impersonate voices.

What if there's no 'afterlife' or 'ghosts' or 'spirits on the other side' but all of these annoying pesky beings from another level/dimension pulling our collective legs since the dawning of humanity?

Still, all this doesn't rule out the possibility of there actually being an 'afterlife' or 'communication with the dead' but the alternative is a bitter pill to swallow.

Let's just say I have made contact with an 'alien race' and leave it there.
Old 23-05-2016, 01:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

Beautiful!!! You have such a gift with putting things.
Old 23-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
There is a science aspect to it and what I'm about to tell you, you may not like to hear...but, it's where I am at in my research as a parapsychologist.

I am a scientist, I am a sceptic. The only thing that makes me believe there's an 'afterlife', is because I feel it would make all of this...all of life and existence pretty pointless if there wasn't.

Is there are heaven/hell? do we reincarnate? I don't know what happens and this is despite me being able to communicate with the so-called 'deceased' through scientific equipment and apparatus.

I've asked them this question many times and always get told 'you'll find out when the time comes' or simply 'I don't know' or they brush me off in other ways, which leads me to believe that I am not at all talking with 'the souls of the deceased' but what others term 'the djinn'.

I have also learned that these djinn or 'trickster spirits' pretend to be whatever others want them to be, so that could well include 'souls of the departed' in there...djinns are able to read thoughts, locate hidden memories and even impersonate voices.

What if there's no 'afterlife' or 'ghosts' or 'spirits on the other side' but all of these annoying pesky beings from another level/dimension pulling our collective legs since the dawning of humanity?

Still, all this doesn't rule out the possibility of there actually being an 'afterlife' or 'communication with the dead' but the alternative is a bitter pill to swallow.

Let's just say I have made contact with an 'alien race' and leave it there.
Now you cant just leave us with that!
Old 23-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Ascender

I do worry myself that there may be non physical forms of life that could deceive us

Then again, the very concept of that offers credence to survival
Old 24-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Im really interested to see the views on this one; its a topic that first brought me to the site in the first place

There are some great posters on this particular forum but I rarely see them on the Death & Afterlife one. I would love to hear their views on this topic especially the science aspect of it (if there is any )

Me, I guess im 60/40 in favour but been feeling very sceptical of late.

Would love a clear communication from my mum, like you read in books but so far nothing concrete. I know theres the usual time is different over there arguments but still, its frustrating!

Im not one who subscribes to silly things like white feathers or robins appearing etc

Anyway you science thread guys, what do you all think???

I hear you. I have doubts and like to question everything. I try not to over-interpret things i've seen either.

What I can say is that after doing a lot of intense meditation some years ago I opened up and began experiencing strange visions. It was as if I had a TV set playing in my mind. I experienced both Christian and Buddhist imagery and very vivid colours. None of this was expected or reinforced by myself. In fact it frightened me for a time. I don't get this so much anymore but I wrote it all down to look back on. It could've been my mind doing strange things but it's extremely unlikely. I had no control over any of it.

My dad died last year and I've not experienced anything in the way of contact. Some of my family claim to but I wonder if it's more their grief than anything. I'm my dad's only child and it's hard to believe he would leave feathers etc for them and not me. But maybe that's my ego speaking and perhaps they need more comfort than I do.

I do believe there is more out there Metal. I just don't know what. I've been too caught up in my mind of late to really meditate deeply and perhaps that will help. I wonder if it would you too if you don't already?